T.R.E. Three Rapid Exchange LionSTEEL

When are you going to make available the screws for the TRE? These were promised months ago...

TRE Damascus is now available at BladeHQ in different Damasteel patterns in full gray titanium or carbon fiber. All have the full TRE kit to add thumb disc, remove flipper tab, etc.

lionsteel-tredt-gy-blade-cm.jpg

lionsteel-tredr-fc-blade-cm.jpg

lionsteel-tredr-gy-blade-cm.jpg

lionsteel-tredt-fc-blade-cm.jpg

lionsteel-tredt-gy-box-cm.jpg

http://www.bladehq.com/cat--LionSteel-Italy-Manual--355

Ask to service@lionsteel.it you can have all the scews that you need.

I sent in an e-mail on April 2, and the screws were delivered to me in the US on April 8, from Italy, via FedEx. LionSteel has unparalleled customer service! AMAZING! This is the second Italian company from which I've received such stellar assistance (the other it Slot.it, another great firm, who makes the world's best slot cars).

Is there any chance of getting a version with the same hollow grind and thin 0.9" blade in M390 instead of Damasteel? I love my flat-ground TRE but the blade is a little thick and doesn't slice as well as I'd prefer. A thinner, hollow ground blade would be just the ticket but I don't care for the patterned steel.

Is there any chance of getting a version with the same hollow grind and thin 0.9" blade in M390 instead of Damasteel? I love my flat-ground TRE but the blade is a little thick and doesn't slice as well as I'd prefer. A thinner, hollow ground blade would be just the ticket but I don't care for the patterned steel.

An excellent suggestion.
I'd also want the blade to include the thumb disc, in addition to the flipper.
Thanks.

I have the g-10 version. This is the most disappointing knife I have ever owned. A flipper that won't flip! You think They would have tested these knives and said well these don't even flip the blade out. We need to fix it. First and last lionsteel knife I will ever waste my money on.

I agree that the flipping action leaves something to be desired. I have learned that any pressure on the lock bar will hind the flipper. This shouldn't happen, but it is what it is.

That is my only complaint with this knife. Other than that, it is my absolute favorite EDC because of its feel and the amazing build quality. I love it. (Have the titanium)

Just received the TRE Ti with blue accent that I purchased online from Lamnia this morning.
The first thing that I checked on my new knife is the flipping action, and I have to say mine has maybe a medium to strong detent and it can flip without any wrist action.

Of course it doesn't flip open like a rocket, like my ZT 0900 or ZT 0562CF that run on KVT bearings.

After that I installed the thumb disc and while I can open it slowly using the thumb disc, I can't flick it open with my thumb, like I can easily do with my Benchmade Nakamura CF.

So maybe the newer release of the TRE are adjusted at the factory to have stronger detent? Or maybe just sample variations?

So far, after just few hours of ownership, I like the size, weight and the build quality.

It has almost the same form factor and weight as my BM Nakamura CF, but very contrasting look as the TRE is full titanium handle while the BM has 3D CF handle.

image_zpstdf9fptd.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would love to have a G10 version that flips well and also has the thumb disc.

I have this knife and am extremely happy with it as an edc. I was wondering if anyone else had the problem of it being rather hard to flip open with the flipper. it may just be something I have to get used to, but I don't know.

I love the look of the knife. I got the Damascus at blade show this year. Most expensive knife I've ever bought. The flipping action has been a issue since day one and im a little disappointed in that. I was hoping for the money I wouldn't have to send it back for them to put a new detent ball in it to make it flip better. I've been playing with it non stop and it is getting a lil better. It's my new EDC and I own a landscape company so it gets used and has held up great. Just really wish when I pull it out and try to open it it wouldn't be 50/50 if it's going to open all the way.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the G10 model but can't find a list of authorized dealers.

Is Lamnia reputable? They have the best price but currently sold out: https://www.lamnia.com/en/p/10626/knives-and-folding-knives/lionsteel-tre-g-10-folding-knife-black

Knifecenter has black on sale for $180, which is the second best price I've found.

Lamnia is legit. I've purchased several knives from them over the years with the last one a KUR a few months ago.

Google: Lionsteel TRE G-10 for a list of dealers.

Lamnia is legit. I've purchased several knives from them over the years with the last one a KUR a few months ago.

Google: Lionsteel TRE G-10 for a list of dealers.

Thanks RamZar, if you vouch for them then they're good in my book. I was worried about fakes/clones since they're floating around. I've been getting back into folders so I'll see you on here/USN more. ;)

Thanks RamZar, if you vouch for them then they're good in my book. I was worried about fakes/clones since they're floating around. I've been getting back into folders so I'll see you on here/USN more. ;)

A Lamnia order from Finland to U.S. can take about a week or so.

Back