T2000m

TIR

I am looking for a rather large knife for chopping and general abuse and saw the T2000M, a really cool looking knife. I was curious as to how impact resistant N690 would be in application such as chopping. I like the idea of stainless steel low maintenance and all.

I am under the impression that stainless steels generally aren't as tough as carbon steels. I have little experience with carbon steel other than two grecos so I looking to stay with stainless if possible. I know there is alot of knowledge on this board and would like some input as to your thoughts on this knife for chopping.

The T2000 is a great looking knife but if you want to get a heavy knife that can be used for chopping and heavy field use, look at the Fulcrum or Golam. I have a Golum and find that it is a great knife for hunting or camping purposes.

TIR,

The T2000M is an excellent choice if you want a very large (long) knife. It will take all the abuse you can give it!
Your concern about Stainless Steel is valid, however, this is COBALT stainless and allows the steel to be very hard but not brittle and stays sharp after alot of abuse.
Rundle is correct in saying the GOLEM is a VERY stout knife for chopping if you want a regular size knife.
I am sure some others will jump on here and give their opinions also!!

TIR
The T2000M is a incredible machete. By no means is it a heavy knife! It only weighs 12 ounces, which is really incredible for having a blade almost one foot long. I have used it for delimbing trees and cutting brush. It will cut through 1" trees in one stroke. It is light and fast and takes a hair popping edge(the edge it comes with is scary man)

Back