T2500

AF

Tashi Bharucha T2500 has shown up on Instasgram and is said to be coming soon.
Thought I'd start a thread to see if any more info or photos show up.
I'm not sure if there will be different versions other than the cf inlay. I don't think the prototype with the stippled ti is being offered as a production model.
Anyone interested in this little guy?

Dealers have had these photos for a while now.

Sorry I would have posted them but it's been hectic lately - and then I caught a stomach bug which hasn't helped.

Reactions: AF
Thanks for the photos. Is that the only version? Maybe they figure such a small knife will not be in high demand. Do we know the specs?

Thanks for the photos. Is that the only version? Maybe they figure such a small knife will not be in high demand. Do we know the specs?

T2500 (Designed by Tashi Bharucha )
Specification:
Bearings: Ceramic ball bearings
Open Length:5.60”
Blade length: 2.50”
Closed length: 3.26”
Blade thickness: 0.157”
Blade material: Bohler M390
Blade material hardness: 61HRC
Handle material: 6AL4V Titanium
Inlay material: Marbel Carbon Fiber/Carbon Fiber
Weight: 50g/1.76oz
Blade finish: Satin finish
Handel finish: Grey(Bead blast)

Reactions: AF
On IG, Reate posted the blade thickness at 0.125". Not sure I believe that though.

OK, so you're saying it's 0.157." Yeah, that's what I figured. Then they made a mistake when replying to a customer on IG.

I am contemplating the T4000, but still hate the whole CF on just one side.

I was starting to look at the T3000 since the T2500 seems a bit small, and the 3" blade length is ideal for me... but then I saw that the T3000 has a recurve edge. Not a deal breaker, I guess, but I much prefer the design of the T4000/T2500 over the T3000/T3500.

Here's all 4 models together - T2500, T3000, T3500, T4000

tashi-t2500-t3000-t3500-t4000.jpg

Besides the carbon fiber one side only, there's no sharpening choil either. Except a small one on the T2500.

The photo above shows prototypes so they might have added sharpening choils to production models.

Last edited:
Still hesitating between the T2500 and T3000 but I will order one of these two

Looking at the prototype photo again I can see on the T3000 and T3500 the recurve on the blade will annoy many potential customers.

The 4000 is very tempting, the one sided CF annoys me as usual, but I might get over that.

The more I look at them the more I am leaning toward the 2500
I think I will give it a try

I usually find Tashi's designs to be overcomplicated. Who wants to deal with sharpening the recurve and the pseudo-tanto point on the T3000 and T3500? They're just prominent enough to create sharpening difficulty, but not significant enough to create any advantage. That's the worst of both worlds. And the lack of sharpening choils on most of his work is a real loss: form over function. Why?!

It does look like he kept the T2500 simple, and looks like they added a sharpening choil after the prototype feedback.

I like this type of modern French blade and handle profile, but other makers do it with at least a modicum of practicality.

Those recurves don't bother me. I think they add to the aesthetic.

Back