Tactical fixed.

Makiri (間 切 り) is a small Japanese knife for rough cutting of fish and poultry. Also sometimes used as a general-purpose knife in hunting, fishing and in the field.
The Makiri are more associated not with the Japanese, but with the Ainu, the predecessors of the proto-Korean settlers on the Japanese islands. Perhaps this is the only blade heritage of this, already relict, nationality! Ainu (literally - a person, a real person) is the ancient population of the Japanese islands. They once lived on the territory of Russia in the lower reaches of the Amur, on Kamchatka, Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands. Nowadays, only 30,000 remain throughout Japan, of which 25,000 live in Hokkaido.
Makiri are still popular on small fishing boats for the primary processing of fish (evisceration) on the way from fishing to market.
4719f07d524a.jpg

41e4f12900de.jpg

966a10d10efe.jpg

d217e0454794.jpg

There is a legend that Kalashnikov personally made 12 knives for gifts to high officials, today I counted Kalashnikov knives from my collection ... where are the remaining 6?
e1262083b8a1.jpg

7050adfd6d1a.jpg

Let me first say... thank you for the incredible pictures of some incredible knives. I follow your thread religiously... And it is one of the first thing I check out when logging on the forum... You are like a long lost brother from another mother... Actually everyone on this forum must have very close DNA... If you are every in NEPaUSA first round is on me...

Peace my friend and please carry on with the thread for many years to come... OOK

What an incredible collection. Simply beautiful. How long did this take to amass and how many edged weapons would you say you have? Apologies if you've answered these questions before in the thread, I haven't gone through all of it.

What an incredible collection. Simply beautiful. How long did this take to amass and how many edged weapons would you say you have? Apologies if you've answered these questions before in the thread, I haven't gone through all of it.
With time it is simple - all my life. How much is difficult - I don't remember ...

Back