Tactical fixed.

Thanks! I hope my topic will be useful to someone.
Survival knife of the pilots of the Red Army during the WW2. Matches were placed in the handle and emergency supply. On the blade inscription: "To Major General Kutsevalov from the Stalin Falcons of Transbaikalia". Major General Kutsevalov commanded the Air Force Transbaikalia 1942-1945.
1786b5cab03d.jpg

89e988854a23.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I hope my topic will be useful to someone.
Survival knife of the pilots of the Red Army during the WW2. Matches were placed in the handle and emergency supply. On the blade inscription: "To Major General Kutsevalov from the Stalin Falcons of Transbaikalia". Major General Kutsevalov commanded the Air Force Transbaikalia 1942-1945.
1786b5cab03d.jpg

89e988854a23.jpg

What a cool piece of military history. That is an enviable find indeed.

Makandr,

That is probably the most impressive collection I've seen. I have a question for outside of the normal questions you've had. I recently came across a Russian blade steel that is close to 440c but uses Electro slag remelting. Do you know what steel this is?
Thanks for your time,
Seth

Thanks. 95Х18-Ш steel refers to stainless high-alloy steels. It is the Russian analogue of steel according to the American standard AISI 440-С steel and according to the German standard X105CrMo17 steel. Obtained by Electro slag remelting.

Back