Tactical or Tactical Look knives?

I think of those more as Combat/Fighting Knives. When I think Tactical, I think of the 80’s and 90’s when Ernest Emerson and Bob Terzoula started the trend and term Tactical.

That makes sense. I guess when I think tactical, at least basing it on the genre filters on online shopping websites, tactical and fighting/combat seem interchangeable.

Speaking of Randall Knives, I bought my first one in 1976. A Model 1, with a Model 2 Commando handle, stainless steel, nickel guard, and my name engraved on it. Price was $93, with a three month wait. Last I heard it was a 5 year wait. Those were good days, I hunted most weekends , lived in the country, and had my own shooting range.

Speaking of Randall Knives, I bought my first one in 1976. A Model 1, with a Model 2 Commando handle, stainless steel, nickel guard, and my name engraved on it. Price was $93, with a three month wait. Last I heard it was a 5 year wait. Those were good days, I hunted most weekends , lived in the country, and had my own shooting range.

Great memories!
I bought my first Randall in '78 (or close thereto) - also a No. 1 (long blade) in carbon, not stainless, nickel silver guard with butt cap, and black linen Micarta. Maybe $75 at a gun show. I really thought I was the man with that blade (though I was but 12 or so). Started a life-long obsession.

BTW, that white handled, partially double edge ground dagger is a thing of beauty. Is that the one you had trouble selling? I would have bought that in a heartbeat!! Still would!!

Great memories!
I bought my first Randall in '78 (or close thereto) - also a No. 1 (long blade) in carbon, not stainless, nickel silver guard with butt cap, and black linen Micarta. Maybe $75 at a gun show. I really thought I was the man with that blade (though I was but 12 or so). Started a life-long obsession.

BTW, that white handled, partially double edge ground dagger is a thing of beauty. Is that the one you had trouble selling? I would have bought that in a heartbeat!! Still would!!

Regarding the last comment, I would PM JK Knives JK Knives if you want one. He's pretty good about custom designs and working with customers on modifications to his designs, or working with them on something they want. I say this both as a customer (first) and now as a collaborator with John for my own designs.

Last edited:
Regarding the last comment, I would PM JK Knives JK Knives if you want one. He's pretty good about custom designs and working with customers on modifications to his designs, or working with them on something they want. I say this both as a customer (first) and now as a collaborator with John for my own designs.

Thank you, Sir! I thought I saw that he said there would be no others, but could be wrong. At any rate, as you suggest, no hurt in asking! I believe I will count some pennies, check under the couch cushions and under the truck seats and contact him.

Back