"Tactical" tomahawks

"Tactical" tomahawks are a thing it appears. The Spider Co szabohawk caught my eye, but it discontinued. At the sale price on some pages, looked like a good purchase, MSRP, not so much. The size, design and look is what I'd be interested in: a cutting edge, a hammer, and a pry bar.

I saw a ton of tactical tomahawks at the Blade show, a few did interest me, but I also thought the prices for them were bit out of whack for what I saw.

What's similar to the szabohawk? Many look more toy than tool. Some seem well thought out, some look ready for zombie movie. The szabohawk looks functional and compact.

Two, who has said Tactical tomahawks and uses them? Mostly when camping? Other. I suppose they would take the place of a large utility filed knife (the "pry bar with a point" as being discussed in another ongoing thread...) allow one to carry a small blade and let the hawk do any heavy lifting?

Last edited:
Those tomahawks are great for throwing etc. and that kind of fun. For camping I think a smaller axe or hatchet is going to be more useful than a hawk.

Still I'm sure lots of folks carry and use them as the are kind of neat.

Those tomahawks are great for throwing etc. and that kind of fun. For camping I think a smaller axe or hatchet is going to be more useful than a hawk.

Still I'm sure lots of folks carry and use them as the are kind of neat.

Hardcore Hardware Australia CTT-01 tad under 10" tall, I'd think that would work well all around for light/medium duty work.

imho, all 'tactical' tomahawks are an excuse to jack up the $ to capture the imagination of grown up mall ninjas with disposable income ; )

personally if I needed a good hand axe, I'd go to the established types like granfors or hultafors or husqvarna

Hardcore Hardware Australia CTT-01 tad under 10" tall, I'd think that would work well all around for light/medium duty work.
I'd looked at those way back but they seem to be a good option. But they nearly cost as much as a Winkler so I opted out.

Later on it's come out that a lot of their stuff is out of China rebranded as Australian. Not that good stuff can't be made in China but not ideal to wash over the source.

If you'd like a great thrower, look no further than the H&B Forge Shawnee. Around $100. Would function as an all around camping tool too.

It's an excellent old world forged tomahawk that inspired me to sell my RMJs. USA made.

Can't go wrong.

I'd looked at those way back but they seem to be a good option. But they nearly cost as much as a Winkler so I opted out.

Later on it's come out that a lot of their stuff is out of China rebranded as Australian. Not that good stuff can't be made in China but not ideal to wash over the source.

Source? I have seen some discussion some of the preliminary work may be done in China or Taiwan but final work, assembly, etc done in Australia. They list sources for steel used, such as "At this time our current (and in progress) tools are constructed from premium D2 tool steel (BOHLER K110/AISI D2), Japanese SKS93, 440C and North American CPM S30V."

People who own HH stuff seem universally happy with the stuff.

Source? I have seen some discussion some of the preliminary work may be done in China or Taiwan but final work, assembly, etc done in Australia. They list sources for steel used, such as "At this time our current (and in progress) tools are constructed from premium D2 tool steel (BOHLER K110/AISI D2), Japanese SKS93, 440C and North American CPM S30V."

People who own HH stuff seem universally happy with the stuff.
There is are a few HH threads on here about this.

This was just one of many. https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/is-this-a-scam-site.1518161/

IMG_2513.JPG

BTW this thing is bad a**
I own few "tactical Hawks" but I must say I do like this quite a bit if your ok going a little on the large side, I've been using it in house demos it can take a huge amount of abuse
Estwing riggers axe

Back