Tacticals Made by Us for Special OPS Forces

here is one I forgot to post...
Nice coffin handle!!
Will the maker please stand up :D :D Good job fellas!!

Brian, the fourth pic from the left in the first groups of pics has my knife. You can mention me as the maker. Do you need any other info?
Scott

I've been following this tread and just gotta say...

"WAY TO GO", to all of the people involved in this project. You should be very proud of yourselves. My baby bro is in the air force as an air medic, and all of our guys over there need as much support as we can give them.

So my hats off to all you fellas here at bf, as well as our troops over seas!!!

"WAY TO GO GUYS"

Jeff

Jeff,

Sorry for being a bit late in responding to your lifting post. I saw it yesterday in passing but time did not permit giving you proper thanks. I am very proud of our knife making contributors. In my heart they will always be tops. In addition, this is only one effort being made by makers. Some contribute as a group, such as this here, and some individually.

Thank you Jeff for your kindness in taking the time to help encourage us.

Roger

Hey guys, can someone please email me Bruce Evans email address? I've tried searching for it and I don't have time to go through this long thread looking for it. I need to get with him concerning that great knife he made for the Fallen hero within our group.

Thanks.

RL

Roger, I hate to have to ask, but did you ever get the knife I sent?

Normally I'd just assume you did, but I got a letter from the post office saying that there was a problem with somebody in the local office, and that if anything was missing to let them know.

Edited to add: it should have been there about 2 or 3 weeks ago, it was shipped in March.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony, is that the one without a sheath (please say yes but I think that one is Bill Flynn's)? If so, I sent it to Dan Gray for sheath making. If not better get back in touch with the post office. Anxiously awaiting your responce.

RL

Crap.. no, it had a sheath with it, I'll talk to the post office in the morning

It may still show up, no telling exactly what happened at the post office, watch for a damascus knife with a leather sheath. If you still haven't seen it in a few days, I'll make another I suppose.

Tony

No Tony; I remember no damscus. I was hoping it may have been one I sent in the last shipment. I remember no damascus. Darn. That teaches me to always buy delivery confirmation. I have been lax on that in the past. From now on I am paying the extra 45 cents. I do hope they have not lost it Tony.

I'll email Afganistan and ask if they received a damascus. I haven't lost or misplaced any knives but my brain has been here and there of late.

RL

Yeah, I usually get the confirmation as well, but since this wasn't an order didn't bother... not much I can do now. The paperwork to get something replaced or paid for from the post office is impossible, even when they admit fault.

I'll wait a few days to see if it shows up, otherwise it's back to the forge I guess.

Ever have "one of those days" that lasted a year?

Tony

I've had more than that. I'm in the process of getting rid of the last 37 years.
All will be well however.

I hope your knife shows up Tony. I am sorry that happened. I've been worried about possible fowl ups between here and Afganistan. So far okay I guess.

RL

Hi rlinger,

I sent you an email. I am not a maker but I cannot resist getting involved.

rlinger said:
Tony, is that the one without a sheath (please say yes but I think that one is Bill Flynn's)? If so, I sent it to Dan Gray for sheath making. If not better get back in touch with the post office. Anxiously awaiting your responce.

RL

nope the one I have here is bills
Roger if you ship online with USPS the confirmation fee is free.
https://ecap21.usps.com/cgi-bin/ecapbv/scripts/login.jsp
it adds up ..

Roger,

If it does show up, please let me know here or though Email.

I had another problem this week with the USPS, I shipped out some steel to another smith, and they delivered it 3 days later, only problem was, they delivered it to me! It's going out again n the morning, via UPS dang it.

Tony

Dang Tony that's bizarre - and too damn bad. I've always had great luck with USPS and tended to discount stories of people having wierd stuff happen with their mail. But your experience(s) tells me that there really is something to all those stories. That's a shame. I wonder if there's something about some originating post offices just being inept? You wouldn't think so, it's such a freakin bureacracy you'd think no one could do anything outside the box, but I guess in any human endeavor there's room for the FUF. Good luck with your new project.

Back