Tacticals Made by Us for Special OPS Forces

FINALLY! Here's mine:

afgan1.jpg

afgan2.jpg

RL

Thanks. The scales are green/black canvas base micarta, Loveless bolts, 1075 blade - 6 1/2 inches - 1/4 thick - 2 1/2 wide, OAL is 12 1/2 inches. The hot bluing brought out the hamon.

RL

Sorry for the OT...
But Mr. Linger, I can't wait to get mine! You must love your job, Because you do GREAT work!!!!

Jeff

Guess what I learned; etch the maker mark before hot bluing :eek: :eek:. The bluing insulates the blade.

RL

rlinger said:
Guess what I learned; etch the maker mark before hot bluing :eek: :eek:. The bluing insulates the blade.

RL
Work and learn eh buddy? How are you going to resolve this? I wonder if Chris has any idea how to mark through bluing? Good luck, that is sure a fine knife.

I really would like to read some reviews of that great looking knife, but I guess that won't happen! Can you push those guys to at least give us a review of how it performed in camp/on base?

That's a great review Roger, and I have to hand it to you (once again) for thinking to taper the tang on that large knife. It just hadn't occurred to me but seems totally appropriate. Now I have to decide whether to do so on the one I'm making (eventually). Your soldier is going to be very pleased with his new knife; you are the Man!

Roger, that's some write up! It's certainly not surprising, given your quality of work and character. And you ARE quite a character! And to think you was worried about switching from gunstocks to making knives. Geeze!

I'm sitting here reading this with tears on my cheeks. God bless you all.

one day soon, i may have a knife worthy of sending.

To the soldiers, thank you and may God bless and keep you. come home safe.

Larry Slaughter.

Thank you for the kind words Larry. For me this was the most fullfilling knife I've ever made.
BTW, very nice review Roger. Great job you are doing with the WSK.
Scott

Back