Tacticals Made by Us for Special OPS Forces

Hey Roger or Brian
when's the dead line on the blade gig..
I was hoping to get this done last week,,
I just got it gun coated Camo and it's baking right now,
the sheath,, and it's ready to go.. if I have time I'd like to take it to the H/I this weekend to show it off some. :)

Dan,

I am sending mine off to Jamie Briggs this week for sheath making. That will take a minimum of 2 weeks plus shipping time. I am not going to hold Blade up on account of mine but I don't see a couple/three more weeks hurting too much. Blade is Brian's baby. What does Brian think????

RL

rlinger said:
Dan,

I am sending mine off to Jamie Briggs this week for sheath making. That will take a minimum of 2 weeks plus shipping time. I am not going to hold Blade up on account of mine but I don't see a couple/three more weeks hurting too much. Blade is Brian's baby. What does Brian think????

RL

where is the little booger when you need him?? :confused: ;)

here's my contribution just need to make the sheath
1/4" 6 7/8" O1 dif quenched hollow ground tanto style edge
with 1" serrations, OL 11 1/2"
sharp hollow ground swage/faults edge, done on a 1 1/2" wheel.

it has a wire bender/breaker and a hook to catch and cut cord,
this Knife has a 3 piece aluminum take down handle.

3 toned camoed with gun coat.
the heat dulled the colors some :grumpy:
bal point is just in front of the index finger.

do you guys think I should add soft rubber to the grip
indentations? :confused:

reconXL1-1.JPG

Dan that is NICE :eek: Do you have any more pics of it? Can you tell me more about the wire breaker and the handle? It looks like a solid handle with 3 torx screws, the tang does go all the way thru and the pommel screws onto it right?

Terry_Dodson said:
Dan that is NICE :eek: Do you have any more pics of it? Can you tell me more about the wire breaker and the handle? It looks like a solid handle with 3 torx screws, the tang does go all the way thru and the pommel screws onto it right?
:D
thanks guys
the handle is 3 piece made from a solid aluminum bar with
through tang with a ni-lock nut in the pommel (open end.)
no screws, but it does have 4, hardened 1/8" alignment dowel pins to keep it all lined up.
in between the handle sections there is black spacer material.
the wire breaker is milled in so you can put it on the say Barbed wire and bend until it brakes, the hook is a shallow gut hook.

Mark I was thinking the same as you, keeping it simply complicated :D

A whole new deminsion. That's a wall hanger. Did you cut the serations with a half round mill?

RL

rlinger said:
A whole new deminsion. That's a wall hanger. Did you cut the serations with a half round mill?

RL

thanks Roger hopefully it'll be a belt hanger :D

I used a round file and a 3 corner file for the serrations
and cleaned up with Sand paper.

Cool but a tilting table and a half round mill could be used(???).

I like that knife Dan. You are a knife maker.

RL

rlinger said:
Cool but a tilting table and a half round mill could be used(???).

I like that knife Dan. You are a knife maker.

RL
nawwww I'm still learning :)
I could have used the mill but to be honist it's just faster this way
for just an inch of it.. and with a mill you'll get steel roll over or burs that you'll have to clean up too, not a big deal but just takes time to mess with.

of course filing chain saws for years helps too. :D

Dan! Man that is so freakin cool I'm trying to keep my eyes in my head but they keep popping out. That has to be one of the coolest knives yet, if not the absolute best. You knock my socks off, and my hat's off to you too! Way to go, our soldiers are lucky to have men like you making their tools. That is truly fine work. Thank you.

ddavelarsen said:
Dan! Man that is so freakin cool I'm trying to keep my eyes in my head but they keep popping out. That has to be one of the coolest knives yet, if not the absolute best. You knock my socks off, and my hat's off to you too! Way to go, our soldiers are lucky to have men like you making their tools. That is truly fine work. Thank you.

dang Dave .. hold back some :) ..now I won't be able to work today :D
I am humbled ,, it was your blade that got me to get and use the gun coat..
and my new play toy .. the air brush :D
I bead blasted the whole knife in pieces then coated them separately,,
I'm just wondering how long it will stay on..

eyes in my head but they keep popping out :D haha

you're in this too .. my hat is off to you and all the rest..I'm glad to be apart of it..

That's a great knife you've got there Dan. It's perfect for the cause. Nicely done. Way to go. ;)
Scott

Dan I haven't made one to test for myself yet, but from all reports the gun kote is hardy stuff - maybe even moreso than bluing. I guess we'll see, they're going into real use situations. I sure hope to get some feedback.

You deserve to feel good Dan, that's one hell of a knife. Now get to work and make some more worldclass stuff! :D

Back