Tacticals Made by Us for Special OPS Forces

Dan Gray on your knife did you do the fence breaker and hook before of after heat treat? how big is the slot of the fence breaker?

Terry_Dodson said:
Dan Gray on your knife did you do the fence breaker and hook before of after heat treat? how big is the slot of the fence breaker?

.130 x .220 deep on the bender/breaker,
and yes the whole blade is differential quenched with O/A after the fact.. not differential tempered.

i beleive he heats the parts he wants hard, then quenches the entire blade, as opposed to heating the entire blade, quenching, then softening the parts he wants soft with a torch.

in a word ... yes :)
the only thing I did different on this one was ,
I pulled it fairly fast from the quenching oil,
so I could keep the center soft as far up the tip as
I could keeping the edges
hard for tempering then dunking again so the center
heat would not temper the edges
(some guys do this in a water quench),
I left that for the tempering oven.
, but mostly yes it was heated selectively for quenching,
it was cool seeing the hamon run around the hook and bender, :)

Looks like were ready to send another batch overseas. Blade has taken photos of some of the knives and there ready to send to the guys.

My neighbor was shipped to Iraq yesterday and he left 2 young girls and a wife behind. Pray for those guys families. They need all the help we can give.

I sent an email asking for shipping address confirmation. It has been so long since I shipped the last ones. As soon as I get a responce I am ready to ship to them. (Dan, I am sending yours back to you. When finished you can ship direct to the address I will give you.)

All is well, but slow.

RL

rlinger said:
I sent an email asking for shipping address confirmation. It has been so long since I shipped the last ones. As soon as I get a responce I am ready to ship to them. (Dan, I am sending yours back to you. When finished you can ship direct to the address I will give you.)

All is well, but slow.

RL
cool... will do as soon as Jim is done with it...
what did balde have to say about the knives? do you know?

Brian my thoughts and prayers are with him and the family..

Dan, Blade didnt say much but that they would try to fit the story in somewhere. Dont know how long of a story or what they want to say. Hopefully some of our guys in the military and veterans will really get a warm feeling from what we are doing. Thats the point I want to get accross.You should have seen the look on my Dads face when I told him about this project. He was in Vietnam and he said "That would have made the world of difference to me!" and got teary eyed. Thats what made me want to get Blade involved.

The best part about the Blade deal is it might get other makers to think about doing the same thing. Knife World accepts knives from folks and sends them on over too, they've sent one batch and gathering a second. I think we could make a "movement" out of it. ;)

rlinger said:

All is well, but slow.

RL
Roger I forgot to ask,, when mine shipes back to me can you give me the ETA
so I won't miss it I've been out a lot as of late..

Roger,Sorry this is taking me so long,I hope to get the sheaths done this weekend so they will be ready to ship out this week.
Bruce

I already let RL know, I building another donation knife for one of our guys. As long as this conflict persists I will try to get something together for the cause.
Scott

I emailed the soldier who got my knife and he is now back in the states. I don't know if it is for good or for leave, but I was glad to know he is here in one piece after all the news stories about fights and casualties in Afghanistan lately.

Dan Gray said:
Roger
no show today.. I know you thought it would be Wen..
just letting you know.

got it today Roger they pulled through once again... just late.. :)

hey looks like I got something extra that I didn't send to you.. :confused:
does this soft case belong to someone else???

I hope you got my snail mail by now.. let me know when you do..so I know you got it.. TX Dan

Back