Tacticals Made by Us for Special OPS Forces

I must have screwed up on the zipper case. Thought it came with your knife. Just send it along and they'll get it. It came in with someone's knife. I'll email you the in-States address.

RL

rlinger said:
I must have screwed up on the zipper case. Thought it came with your knife. Just send it along and they'll get it. It came in with someone's knife. I'll email you the in-States address.

RL
AOK........... :)

Apparently so Brian, I just received the following note from the fine soldier who received my knife:

"Dear Mr Larsen;

My name is Sergeant First Class REDACTED. I
am the soldier that received your beautiful knife. I
am the Intelligence Sergeant for my team. I cannot
thank you enough for your contribution. It has been a
huge morale booster to read along on the thread and
here the support you all give us over here. I wish I
could put words to the gratitude we all have for what
you all have given us. I am looking forward to using
the knife and I will definitely give you the feedback
on the Gun Kote. Thank you again for this wonderful
gift."

I gotta tell you, that just made my day. :cool: :thumbup:

All have been shipped some weeks ago. I sent the last batch to his wife in country for safer shipping to him over there. He confirmed the package was received by her in good order. So far as I know all is well. This is reasonbly confirmed by Dave's posting. His was among the knives I last sent, which was all I had. I have no more on hand to send.

RL

Good news Good news!! Hope to get some feeedback. My email address is puched into the back of the sheath :)

Thanks Roger!

anyhow, it appears many of our team is back in states or elsewhere in the field of engagement. It is 12/10/2005 as I write now. Team leader, Duke, is in a far off place not Afganistan. I heard from him too many days ago for comfort and hope all is well and just too busy to get back by email. Wayne is training new SF in states. I was told another is in states now too. What of the original left over there I do not know or ask. There are others still there and else where and those going to replace what is and has been there. I have a fellow sending me a knife for me to send along. He is a police instructor and buisinessman from South Africa and wants very much to donate to our effort. There is also Dan Grays drive for Army in Iraq. I have one planned for that, since I told him I would and since I can. I spoke with a Navy seal by phone yesterday afternoon. He had called me and I knew him not. He told me that the mag article blew him and all his Navy Seal buddies away. It amazed him, he said to me, that there are those that would give so much time, money, and effort for those they do not even know. I can not understand that feeling of his. After all it is us at war not just our soldiers but all us are in this directly or indirectly.

Here is what I just sent off to Steve Shackleford, Editor of Blade:
------------------

Steve, (in regard to your Jan. 2006 'A Band of Brothers')

I must say I had been of mixed feelings about whether or not an article concerning ours modest efforts be published. After all it was to be of a non attention getting effort; in that I mean non-profiting. In seeing what you and your fine staff came up with I WILL say bravo to you and yours. I am pleased. The excerpts you used from the actual field team was THE article in my view. I am very happy with the article and I can tell you, with pleasure, I have gotten good feed back from other military, SF and otherwise concerning it. They need and deserve such publication - especially from here at home. Thank you very much for your fine contribution and I thank Brian Goode also for taking the publication idea to you. (if you wish to print this you may but I email this to you not for that reason but rather to say - well done and I am glad for it.)

Roger Linger
-------------------

Dan, thank you and your email responded to. I really bragged your knife up and deservedly so, for sure. The contact I sent you the address for has Dave Larsons knife and low and behold it was recognized, he said to me, by a passer by who saw it on his belt and recognized it as the one pictured in Blade. Now that is something, I think.

All you guys did absolutely terrific. I want to say I am so proud and happy with all us, and I really am, but my true feelings, my real feelings, is that we gave so little for so much.

I will any day, any where be proud to be on any of your team.

Roger

I have now two new knife donations for out SF teams. These two came from on lookers wanting to help and help they have. It proves again that even media hate for OUR cause is cut threw by the real us, the country at large. I have one of S30V and it is beautiful and another of 5160 and also very handsome. I will try to shoot a couple or more pix tomorrow after the champ games - late.

You guys are the best of the best and I do not even put myself at your level.

RL

Roger did you get my reply to your last e-mail ?
I didn't find one back in answer. thanks

two_new.jpg

testing - trying to post pix. It does not seem to take and not because of BF but my sever just isn't doing it. Maybe its tied up for a while. I have a REAL good pix of a couple REAL good donations. I'll check tomorrow on it. Sorry. If it shows above later that means it finally came through. I see the sorry rascals have their logo in place of my pix.

RL

I don't know why I can't get it on there. Is there someone involved or interested that might be willing to host the pix (one pix). I can email you the pix. Seems a shame, such nice knives from such concerned makers. Thanks and sorry.

RL

rlinger said:
I don't know why I can't get it on there. Is there someone involved or interested that might be willing to host the pix (one pix). I can email you the pix. Seems a shame, such nice knives from such concerned makers. Thanks and sorry.

RL
Roger send it to me and I'll post it..
I need to call you, you're not getting my e-mails I guess

edited opps I see it showed up/

Roger, send it to me I can host it from my website. Sorry Dan, we posted at the same time.:)
Scott

Back