Tacticlol Knives II: The Return of Ridiculous

The $475 Everyday Combat Monster (EDCM) was, I am forced to believe, created solely to be one day featured in this thread:

eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL2RlcmVzcGluYS9pbWFnZXMvRFNQRURDTTJuLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjogeyJyZXNpemUiOiB7IndpZHRoIjogNTQ1LCJoZWlnaHQiOiA0MTUsImZpdCI6ICJjb250YWluIiwiYmFja2dyb3VuZCI6IHsiciI6IDI1NSwiZyI6IDI1NSwiYiI6IDI1NSwiYWxwaGEiOiAxfX19fQ==
:rolleyes: Super ergonomic pistol grip push Bowie at a bargain price ! :p

Pretty much everything in here looks like it was designed to be used on the sets of Power Rangers, Hercules, or Xena: Warrior Princess

Every time I cut a putty, a whole bunch of sparks shoot out. It's really rough on the edge retention. Make sure you get your tacticool fantasy slashers in good steel!

While none of these knives look at all scary, more ridiculous than anything, what is scary is that some over weight, hot pocket consuming video gamer down his mothers basement, will think they look cool and think he'll be a bad a$$ with one his sweaty little fist acting like Conan the would be barbarian.

With any luck, he'll decapitate himself and ease the strain on the gene pool.

Well, those mall ninjas are more easily parted with their money than us snarky bastids, so I can't blame BHQ for trying to attract a diverse audience.

I only wonder at times, is there a point of ridiculousness that even the mall ninja would be embarrassed to have it?o_O
That's a very good question.

But then I remember that these things are only selling because there are people buying them...

That's a very good question.

But then I remember that these things are only selling because there are people buying them...

And thats what keeps bouncing around in my mind; what people are buying these things?

Are the 12 year old video gaming, hot pocket eating, geeks ordering on line with mommy's credit card?

Yep, those classes are for suburbanite middle and upper middle class men who have a very interesting fantasy about special operations military combat and want to live that out on a shooting range. You see some of these guys at an outdoor range I used to frequent, showing up in all this tactical gear, plate carrier, drop leg holster, helmet, knee-pads, shemagh, covered in morale patches, running a $3,500 tricked out range toy AR and $2,500 Taran Tacticooled up Glock 17, etc. Ask 'em how long they were in, and they're like "Oh no, I'm a lawyer." LOL Ok then.

Civilians attempting to learn military tactics always crack me up, because these classes never seem to tell them the truth. There are two ways the Army and Marines operate that a civilian never will:

- Bring an entire fireteam of guys with extensive rear echelon support (oh and backed up by other fireteams of guys)
- Your entire team puts overwhelming amounts of firepower on the target

Bonus round: Backup air support.

It's all military fantasy make-believe. WHICH IS FINE. But that's all it is. Youtube (and Instagram) gun culture is pretty hilarious, full of dudes with big operator beards, at least one full-sleeve, black Grunt-Style *tee-shirt, gun belt, and multiple mag dumps per video. It's fun, until people take it too seriously.

* Or their own clearly-ripped-off-from-Gruntstyle "brand"
The world would probably have more and better trained responsible shooters if money was spent on a rock-solid stock AR and even more money was spent on ammo and a fuckton of training under a qualified instructor. Gear and gizmos can come later after getting a good grasp of the fundamentals.

Back