Tacticlol Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another one I felt so compelled I had to drop everything and post it here. This is over $1K...let that sink in.

Another one I felt so compelled I had to drop everything and post it here. This is over $1K...let that sink in.

I bet that ones a Medford. $1k for an impractical pocket brick? But it's made in 'murica ye!!!!

I bet that ones a Medford. $1k for an impractical pocket brick? But it's made in 'murica ye!!!!

I could be wrong, but that looks a lot like the Crusader Forge Apex series. Haven't seen a grind quite like that before, but the Apex is a stout little folder. And yes they routinely go $800-$1500 with some one-offs commanding (and getting) close to $2k.

I could be wrong, but that looks a lot like the Crusader Forge Apex series. Haven't seen a grind quite like that before, but the Apex is a stout little folder. And yes they routinely go $800-$1500 with some one-offs commanding (and getting) close to $2k.

You may be right, it looks to have crusader forge styling

Crusader forge is indeed what that is. Next to the "blood groove" or whatever else people call it besides the thumb opener it is, theres a crown like logo which belongs to crusader forge. To be honest though other than in price tag im not sure why that's an LOL...Small stout titanium framelock that looks to have convex tip for prying or chiseling and a nice main bevel for regular cutting.

Mmmmmmm, 420J2...

UnitedCutleryUC528Cyclone-ProCut1993-p37.jpg

Not sure but it looks as if the bottom one has a wave hook too! :thumbup::D:rolleyes:

Hey! I have one of those! :D I got it in college, when one of my professors, (who happened to help get me on the SMKW catalog mailing list) knew I liked knives, and picked it up at a garage sale for me. No clip, heavy as a brick, but it has a unique one-handed opening mechanism, and by golly, it was patented! :eek:

Really, it's not a bad knife. Mine is a little better quality, with no rivets showing on the handle. Made in Japan, I'm guessing late 80s, or very early 90s. My hands are a tad too large to hold it comfortably, but someone with slightly smaller hands could make it work.

Whenever you may need a very expensive modular pocket filler with identical bottle openers and a driver for bits that you clearly don't carry.
The tac tool
RHK0623-MB130-2.jpg

RHK0623-MB130-5.jpg

Honestly I think these silly "tactical tools" have gotten way out of hand. $800 for a piece of copper with a couple holes in it?
Use it and get a charge? No thanks, thats pistol money.
tumblr_mz7m7iFquo1raz8rgo1_1280.jpg

There's the ticket. Is that the arm of a 12 year old with those?
hqdefault.jpg

To be honest though other than in price tag im not sure why that's an LOL...Small stout titanium framelock that looks to have convex tip for prying or chiseling and a nice main bevel for regular cutting.

10+ oz titanium framelock with a 2.75" blade made from quarter-inch stock? LOL.

I had the chance to handle one of these at a knife show a year ago; for a mere $500.00 all this can be yours (staggering 6 1/4" overall length).

3V and the handle material deserves so much better IMHO: :(

DDC_0657_1_8.jpg

Blade Length (to handle): 3 7/8"
Cutting Edge: 3 1/4"
Overall Length: 6 1/4"
Handle: 2 1/2"
Blade Steel: CPM 3V
Handle Material: SPECIAL WOOD FROM A US MILITARY VESSEL
Bolster: N/A
Weight: 4.3 ounces / 120 grams
Weight (incl kydex) : 5.7 ounces / 159 grams
Warranty: The knives are guaranteed by the maker against flaws in the craftsmanship.

Impressive fit & finish. :foot: Sad thing is somebody bought and quite happily too! :foot:
I wonder if the handle material is actually from a military vessel. If his partner made it, I would wager that while boasting it was from a military vessel, it actually comes from a prison ship.

Whenever you may need a very expensive modular pocket filler with identical bottle openers and a driver for bits that you clearly don't carry.
The tac tool
RHK0623-MB130-2.jpg

RHK0623-MB130-5.jpg

Bottle openers! Dual bottle openers even! Never had use for a single myself. If I get one that's not a twist-off I prefer a screwdriver or just about anything that's handy

[video=youtube;mxQCkAqkFYo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxQCkAqkFYo[/video]

Mmmmmmm, 420J2...

UnitedCutleryUC528Cyclone-ProCut1993-p37.jpg

Not sure but it looks as if the bottom one has a wave hook too! :thumbup::D:rolleyes:

Ugh...My coworker carries a knife just like the bottom one on his belt. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was gas station garbage and he'd be lucky to cut through a wet paper bag with it. Dunno how he gets away with carrying a tacticool mall ninja blade clearly designed for "fighting" (it took me a while to properly process what I was typing here, this knife is too much) in a big ol' Canadian city. Kind of makes me want to carry my Rajah 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back