1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Tacticlol Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TwitchyBlade, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattWRog

MattWRog Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 16, 2005
    [​IMG]

Another one I felt so compelled I had to drop everything and post it here. This is over $1K...let that sink in.

2. AdamFuzzyballs

AdamFuzzyballs

Mar 16, 2015
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^gross^^^^^^^^^^

3. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    That tip looks wonky

4. Rostislav

Rostislav

Sep 5, 2013
    ^^^ That knife actually made my stomach turn.

5. Gadgetaholic

Gadgetaholic

Nov 5, 2009
    How could they even sell one of those at that sort of price?
    Even if it didn't look ugly and stupid it would still be hard to justify a price tag like that.

6. Seilu

Seilu Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I bet that ones a Medford. $1k for an impractical pocket brick? But it's made in 'murica ye!!!!

7. K.O.D.

K.O.D. The Everlasting Know-it-all Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    If 15 year old boys are your thing...

8. crolfe1984

crolfe1984

Sep 9, 2015
    I could be wrong, but that looks a lot like the Crusader Forge Apex series. Haven't seen a grind quite like that before, but the Apex is a stout little folder. And yes they routinely go $800-$1500 with some one-offs commanding (and getting) close to $2k.

9. Seilu

Seilu Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2012
    You may be right, it looks to have crusader forge styling

10. mrnotsam123

mrnotsam123

Aug 4, 2013
    Crusader forge is indeed what that is. Next to the "blood groove" or whatever else people call it besides the thumb opener it is, theres a crown like logo which belongs to crusader forge. To be honest though other than in price tag im not sure why that's an LOL...Small stout titanium framelock that looks to have convex tip for prying or chiseling and a nice main bevel for regular cutting.

11. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Hey if people will buy tarnished turds, why not make them...

12. Czechmate

Czechmate

Feb 24, 2011
    Mmmmmmm, 420J2...

[​IMG]

Not sure but it looks as if the bottom one has a wave hook too! :thumbup::D:rolleyes:

13. Daniel Dorn

Daniel Dorn Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 1999
    Hey! I have one of those! :D I got it in college, when one of my professors, (who happened to help get me on the SMKW catalog mailing list) knew I liked knives, and picked it up at a garage sale for me. No clip, heavy as a brick, but it has a unique one-handed opening mechanism, and by golly, it was patented! :eek:

Really, it's not a bad knife. Mine is a little better quality, with no rivets showing on the handle. Made in Japan, I'm guessing late 80s, or very early 90s. My hands are a tad too large to hold it comfortably, but someone with slightly smaller hands could make it work.

14. Leftytwogunz

Leftytwogunz Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Whenever you may need a very expensive modular pocket filler with identical bottle openers and a driver for bits that you clearly don't carry.
    The tac tool
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Honestly I think these silly "tactical tools" have gotten way out of hand. $800 for a piece of copper with a couple holes in it?
    Use it and get a charge? No thanks, thats pistol money.
    [​IMG]

There's the ticket. Is that the arm of a 12 year old with those?
    [​IMG]

15. Leftytwogunz

Leftytwogunz Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Titanium axe!!!
    [​IMG]

Tactical Titanium ice scraper?
    [​IMG]

16. Goosey

Goosey

Mar 19, 2012
    10+ oz titanium framelock with a 2.75" blade made from quarter-inch stock? LOL.

17. ursamajor

ursamajor

Oct 27, 2010
    I wonder if the handle material is actually from a military vessel. If his partner made it, I would wager that while boasting it was from a military vessel, it actually comes from a prison ship.

18. TexasWade

TexasWade

Sep 8, 2015
    Bottle openers! Dual bottle openers even! Never had use for a single myself. If I get one that's not a twist-off I prefer a screwdriver or just about anything that's handy

[video=youtube;mxQCkAqkFYo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxQCkAqkFYo[/video]

19. Kwon Kwang

Kwon Kwang

Jul 7, 2013
    Ugh...My coworker carries a knife just like the bottom one on his belt. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was gas station garbage and he'd be lucky to cut through a wet paper bag with it. Dunno how he gets away with carrying a tacticool mall ninja blade clearly designed for "fighting" (it took me a while to properly process what I was typing here, this knife is too much) in a big ol' Canadian city. Kind of makes me want to carry my Rajah 2.

20. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Those go for 800?! : D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.