Tacticlol Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't really a discussion of whether or not the designs have a specific purpose or not. It is a discussion of designs that make you LOL. Sorry if I offend, but I find quite a few of Laci's designs make me LOL. Just like some others don't like the looks of Mike Hawk's design, and others don't like the Strider designs. It's all a matter of personal opinion.
Sorry, but that is exactly the kind of discussion this is, it's about knives that are called tactical and make you LYAO, read the OP again. The thing about Laci Szabo's designs though is that most of his designs ARE intended for tactical use, which makes it even more funny (and fitting for this topic).

He makes high quality stuff though, you gotta give him that.

Sorry, but that is exactly the kind of discussion this is, it's about knives that are called tactical and make you LYAO, read the OP again. The thing about Laci Szabo's designs though is that most of his designs ARE intended for tactical use, which makes it even more funny (and fitting for this topic).

He makes high quality stuff though, you gotta give him that.

thank you,

and yes, he does make some very nice stuff. One of these days after I get the next 4 customs I have on order from one guy and a slew of others, one of Laci's will be in my hand. I am even looking at Zombietools mentioned earlier in this very thread. :rolleyes:

I really have no need for two hundred dollar plus custom machetes but the website and marketing of Zombie tools rocks. Zombies and the girls who love to kill them:D

Another Mantis knife. The handle just doesnt seem functional and looks weird! And what the Hell is with the jimping that far up the blade?!
mantis.jpg

Someone explain this thing!! WTF IS IT?!
knife-jm13b.jpg

Keep in mind these are all called tactical knives...

Someone explain this thing!! WTF IS IT?!

Why certainly, it's a serrated, khukri blade Zombie Slayer! :D

With finger choil for "fine work & control" That spine jimping makes Spyderco blush wioth envy! :thumbup:

Ill be honest, I really wouldnt mind owning this knife. I think it would make a decent knife. It is pretty cheap too.

my only problem with it is how small the blade is...beyond that, its not a bad looking knife...

Here is a fantasy knife that just makes me laugh when ever i see it...
Critical Mass 1
25-TA52.jpg

As if the first one wasnt bad enough, they made second one!
Critical Mass 2
critical-mass-ii.jpg

twitchyBlade, you forgot one...
tigerclaw2blade.jpg

heres another one...
butterflyninjafly.jpg

My problem isn't with the balisong; its with the "throwing stars"

The fantasy knives are nothing more then a lack of taste aesthetically, the tacticools are a testament to ignorance IMHO.

Originally Posted by TwitchyBlade
Here is a fantasy knife that just makes me laugh when ever i see it...

Note the obvious; hairless, thin, teenager arm, holding that monstrosity. :rolleyes:

I actually like the looks of that RAO :eek:
Whole another story is, that what's the point in having folder of that size?

Actually, I find it very sad, that modern youth has had no mentors of grandfathers who taught them what a decent knife is, so they waste their money on this sort of trash. It's sad that there are such unscrupulous knife manufactorers that will make such usless garbage, just to make a profit.

But if for some odd reason, a knife is perceived to be needed for mayhem, I find it more than passing strange that in the course of WW1 or even WW2, where a good knife was needed by many fighting men, nothing even remotely looking like this junk was ever considered.

But then, I have never understood the tacticool knife thing, exept as a ploy for knife manufactorers to push cheap to produce knives for inflated prices. Hype marketing at it's best.

Actually, I find it very sad, that modern youth has had no mentors of grandfathers who taught them what a decent knife is

Hey! I have 7 grandchildren who have seen Grandpa's knives (some of them). The boys want to know all about them and the girls' eyes kind of glaze over when I discuss the merits of a various knife. :)

That Strider knife was designed for and featured in a video game called Extermination, for the PS2 I believe. I know I played it once or twice years back. Doesn't get much more tacti-cool than that thing! :D

QUOTE=Minnesota;8311925]
rao-00-main-horizontal.jpg

3577a5a35081a4cccbdab9d8367c3594.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That Strider knife was designed for and featured in a video game called Extermination, for the PS2 I believe. I know I played it once or twice years back.

Are you a movie star RoadMaster78? Okay who are you!

Nope, not a movie star by any means! Just remember playing that game and one of the backup weapons was that knife. Looked it up online and found out it was an actual piece, albeit a somewhat goofy one. It fit the game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back