1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Tacticlol Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TwitchyBlade, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blues Bender

Blues Bender Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Anything with the name "Medford" makes me chuckle...:p

2. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    I'm surprised Jason would design something like that. I EDC a T4 and love it. I normally love his designs

3. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious?

Dec 25, 2012
    Wow, in a thread full of terrible knives, this Brous still manages to stand out as being a particularly idiotic design.

4. C_Becker

C_Becker

Oct 7, 2012
    Weird, isn' t it ? Especially because most of the other knives are some cheap United Cutlery or BudK crap.
    You could probably buy half the BudK catalog for the price of this thing.

Found another one, I wonder how you are supposed to use it ?
    [​IMG]

5. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    to remove corks I would guess

6. NeilB

NeilB

Jul 26, 2013
    Honestly, this is the most awesome thread I have ever read in my entire life.

7. n7titan

n7titan

Jun 14, 2014
    That twisted Boker actually doesn't look too ba.... Nope nevermind I can't imagine a comfortable way to use it.
    From Boker,
    Overall length: 9 1/4"
    Blade length: 2 1/2"
    Weight: 6.6 oz.
    Blade material: 440

8. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    I still can't believe Jason came out with something like that. I mean the T4 is such a beautiful functional knife

[​IMG]

9. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    What? You cant believe the guy who brought us these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

would have designed that? Did you miss his "Kut Throat Knives" days?

10. n7titan

n7titan

Jun 14, 2014
    Those look waaay better than the one with cutouts.

11. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Yeah. :rolleyes: De gustibis, I guess.

12. n7titan

n7titan

Jun 14, 2014
    Well... it's not my style for sure. I just think the first one looks like a project from a teenager and the other ones look like action movie props.

13. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Are you following the whole "tacticlol" concept. That we are goofing on knives that look like "action movie props"?

14. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious?

Dec 25, 2012
    Ha, I think the last time that one was posted was when I posted it eighteen months ago:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/748204-Tacticlol-Knives?p=11763788#post11763788

I forgot this thread. I love this thread. :)

15. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I hate to admit it, but I kind of like this one as a piece of sculpture. Maybe an icepick? After reading this thread, the bar is set pretty low..........

16. n7titan

n7titan

Jun 14, 2014
    Yeah I am, it's just the square cutouts is so ugly and confusing to me I'd gladly choose the green zombie knife over it. I can see the cutout snapping over regular use, the zombie knife looks to be at least +5 in durability and +4 in agility just by the shape. :p
    This guy knows what I'm talking about :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  17. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    [​IMG]

18. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Just because it's got a couple too many zeros on the end of the price doesn't exclude it from tacticlol

[​IMG]

19. roughedges

roughedges

Oct 3, 2004
    Personally, I wouldn't include that Szabo here. Most of his designs are undoubtedly pretty funky looking but are designed for one very specific purpose. I also can't recall ever hearing any knowledgeable people say anything but positives about him as an instructor.

But yeah, not my cup of tea at all.

eta: He's based out of Miami, or at least he used to be.

20. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    tactical karam-cleaver

[​IMG]

the dragon talon claw flipper

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.