Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has ever made the rounds here:

"Sponsored by Cold Steel."

*Ahem*

Double Barrel Knife Launcher for M16!!

[video=youtube_share;X9LmzAeQqNM]http://youtu.be/X9LmzAeQqNM[/video]

3syqnh.jpg

I would be a lot more impressed if the magazine wasn't inserted upside down....

*Ahem*

*Ahem*

I'll admit that after I got done laughing my ass of, I actually thought it was a pretty cool project.......:eek:

All he needs is to add some fletchings to the knives, and they'll fly a lot better. Oh and make it a single (rather than double) launcher to cut down on bulk and wight. And maybe make it shorter too....

It does seem like an exceedingly rare occasion to dedicate an entire part of your knife design to...
If I needed to cut my own seatbelt, I'd get it done, even if I cut myself a bit in the process.
But for rescue workers, I can see how it could be useful.

I've cut quite a few seat belts over the years... usually after cutting the roof off of a vehicle to get people out. (Think about where the shoulder belt feeds through and you will realize why you you need to cut them away to remove the roof completely.) At that point you are cutting well away from the person and you usually have quite a few tools, shears, etc. to choose from to cut the belt.

I don't ever remember cutting one because it jammed though.

However, where they are extremely useful is cutting away a person's clothing with less risk of cutting their skin. Shortly after getting the Kershaw Funxion EMT, I was carrying it at work to try it out. We were dispatched for a person who had a heart attack while riding their bicycle. Their heart had stopped, and we were performing CPR on them. I needed to open their shirt and attach big sticky pads to look at their heart rhythm and possibly deliver a shock. As, it turns out it worked great. And we were successful in saving a person that day.

Benchmade rescue hooks work great for the same thing also, and I have used sheepsfoot blade knives (Leatherman Super Tool 200 serrated blade comes to mind) if needed also.

Ideally, I'd love a 915 Triage but I'm hesitant to carry something that expensive at work and lose it. Although, I did pick up a 940-1 as my first BM for casual carry....

Back on topic, seat belt cutters are not necessarily Taticlol, but are often misunderstood / marketed.

Honestly, I've found most rescue marketed tools are questionable at best though, with the exception of the above mentioned tools, and the Gerber Hinderer Rescue (Although not great it's functional.) And I've got high hopes for the LM Raptor, but I haven't used it at work yet.

If not obvious from the post, I'm a career Firefighter (13+ years) / Paramedic / Instructor

When I was in the Marine Corps, if you were issued a pistol you were required to have a lanyard on it. We called it a "dummy cord", and it was usually just to make sure you didn't lose it.

I always considered the lanyard a PITA. I remember one time, I turned my weapon back in without the lanyard. They just about came unglued!

I'll admit that after I got done laughing my ass of, I actually thought it was a pretty cool project.......:eek:

All he needs is to add some fletchings to the knives, and they'll fly a lot better. Oh and make it a single (rather than double) launcher to cut down on bulk and wight. And maybe make it shorter too....

Joereg rocks, check out some of his other videos. Dude makes slingshots that are just short of a pistol in deadly, and legal most places. Plus he has a really dry sense of humor as evidenced by that video- he knows what he is doing is goofy but he is having fun doing it.
Hes on another forum I used to go to a lot (zs) and a hell of a guy.

oh yeah!

[video=youtube;_xB0IZVDL8U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_xB0IZVDL8U[/video]

Never stopped cringing the entire video. Seriously, what in the actual **** did I just ****ing watch???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back