1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Tacticlol Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TwitchyBlade, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bitfiend

bitfiend

Feb 19, 2015

Well, the biggest obvious flaw is that it's a knife. You might mangle the hell out of an attacker, and he might die; but he'll probably die later.
    Angry people who attack normal folks for no good reason are frequently very hard to stop, and might not even notice that the pain they are experiencing during their attack is their flesh being laid open. Or they don't care.

A knife is better than nothing for damned sure, but it's not really a good defensive weapon, and you can't even stab with a Civilian. Which may well be your only option if you are rolling around on the ground fighting with a badguy. Don't get me wrong- They do look horrible to be on the wrong end of. I would shoot any attacker with one immediately. :p

Also, during the one single fighting knife class I took, I ended up with chalk from my own rubber knife on myself. I was also able to get some chalk from my rubber blade on the other guy (expert), and I obviously had no idea what I was doing. What I learned: It takes some serious practice before the average person can use a blade defensively, and you're probably going to get badly cut even if you practice daily when rolling around with knives because knives are sharp & fighting is unpredictable.

There's also a big difference between being an aggressor & on the defense with any weapon. Aggressor = big advantage.

TL;DR Knives are cool but extremely hard to use defensively, the Civilian especially included.

2. ooitzoo

ooitzoo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2010
    This one put a smile on my face. A slow moving guy made slower by all the uber tactical gear destroying soda. Pretty epic. Did they ever stop to wonder how many times he'd have been shot in that 80 seconds it took him to get through those stationary soda bottles?

3. ooitzoo

ooitzoo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Some people should not be allowed to reproduce.

4. EDCanAdamas

EDCanAdamas

Sep 8, 2013
    https://youtu.be/C3UiMfnoitQ

Irish Fighting Stick. Another gem form United Cutlery. It's marketed as a weapon from the start, I wonder how many police evidence lockers have one in them.

5. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    [video=youtube;UcBdtDhHnsA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcBdtDhHnsA[/video]

For the survival needs of the outdoorsman/alcoholic.

6. unit

unit

Nov 22, 2009

Yup, you are correct (sort of). I only noticed that I faled to exclude that reference to other tacticlol knives with the Civilian AFTER I had been quoted...so I did not go back and edit it. To be clear, yes, many of the knives in this thread have very obvious flaws for use as a self defennse sitation (but not the Civiilian, in my opinion)...though it appears some peole have some pretty silly concepts of what to look for.

With regard to your other statements you make that seem like attacks...whatever...I am comfortable with everything else I said, and I know well what I am talking about.

And BTW a different paragraph is not "the same breath". But if you feel it helps establishing your credibilty while contributing your wealth of tactical insight in this thread on a forum, go for it;)

7. Lone Wolf McBlade

Lone Wolf McBlade

Jan 12, 2014
    katana_chainsaw_by_dima91-d3g1uiw.jpg

Chainsaw Katana! Why? Cause... a Texas ninja needs to massacre with something?

8. gosuto

gosuto

Feb 7, 2015

I can't breathe from laughing. The first thought I had was "Aww my knife got so sad it melted itself"

9. sideways

sideways

Feb 19, 2013
    [​IMG]

Screw in sheath, corkscrew wound cavity, 1k price tag. Tacticool enough? :D

10. Samon

Samon

Nov 12, 2012
    Want.

11. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Hey! That's my dedicated cardboard knife. And yes, it is a joy to sharpen.

12. DAVE_M

DAVE_M

Jun 16, 2010
    At least that sheath is better than the old one lol

[​IMG]

13. retzius

retzius

Sep 17, 2009
    When you put the knife in the sheath the whole contraption looks like a women's pleasure tool... just sayin

14. DAVE_M

DAVE_M

Jun 16, 2010
    Yea there's a slang term for that sheath. If you google "Microtech (*insert toy name*) sheath", you will probably find a ton of threads making fun of that knife.

I seriously hope no one paid the $800+ price tag for that monstrosity.

15. sideways

sideways

Feb 19, 2013
    I agree... the new one looks much more comfortable. :D

16. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Every time I see the hole in this knife I wonder "WTF!!?"

17. All-R-Crazy

All-R-Crazy

Apr 11, 2014
    Finally got through the whole thread and at least I can say I had plenty of laughs

18. Leftytwogunz

Leftytwogunz Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 30, 2013
    LOL. It took forever to read this whole thread, but it is a great one.

I think that Microtech Jagdkommando is a top contender. That one and the bayonet for a pistol.

I think MT should combine the two and make the Jagdkommando able to be put on a pistol rail, and then add some LED lights.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

These three items combined = WIN the tacticLOL contest

19. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    The soul harvester

[​IMG]

20. retzius

retzius

Sep 17, 2009
    They should call it "The Virgin Keeper" for all the dudes that buy one

Thread Status: