Tacticlol Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
And other "tacticlol knives"? Sorry, but you are just lumping the Civilian together with the other crap posted here, and you mention it in the same breath with throwing stars, which appears to indicate you can't tell the difference...

So, again by association, the Civilian has obvious flaws as a "defensive weapon" now? I'll tell you what: Grab a KA-BAR by the blade, bare-handed, and you'll have almost as good a grip as the owner... Wrap the index behind the guard, and your grip will beat the owner's... That's why thin edges on hollow grinds actually matter... How's that for a defensive flaw? Want to try the same thing with a Civilian now?

Gaston

Well, the biggest obvious flaw is that it's a knife. You might mangle the hell out of an attacker, and he might die; but he'll probably die later.
Angry people who attack normal folks for no good reason are frequently very hard to stop, and might not even notice that the pain they are experiencing during their attack is their flesh being laid open. Or they don't care.

A knife is better than nothing for damned sure, but it's not really a good defensive weapon, and you can't even stab with a Civilian. Which may well be your only option if you are rolling around on the ground fighting with a badguy. Don't get me wrong- They do look horrible to be on the wrong end of. I would shoot any attacker with one immediately. :p

Also, during the one single fighting knife class I took, I ended up with chalk from my own rubber knife on myself. I was also able to get some chalk from my rubber blade on the other guy (expert), and I obviously had no idea what I was doing. What I learned: It takes some serious practice before the average person can use a blade defensively, and you're probably going to get badly cut even if you practice daily when rolling around with knives because knives are sharp & fighting is unpredictable.

There's also a big difference between being an aggressor & on the defense with any weapon. Aggressor = big advantage.

TL;DR Knives are cool but extremely hard to use defensively, the Civilian especially included.

Be ready for the great soda uprising

[video=youtube_share;T5MACgBz24I]http://youtu.be/T5MACgBz24I[/video]

This one put a smile on my face. A slow moving guy made slower by all the uber tactical gear destroying soda. Pretty epic. Did they ever stop to wonder how many times he'd have been shot in that 80 seconds it took him to get through those stationary soda bottles?

[video=youtube;UcBdtDhHnsA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcBdtDhHnsA[/video]

For the survival needs of the outdoorsman/alcoholic.

And other "tacticlol knives"? Sorry, but you are just lumping the Civilian together with the other crap posted here, and you mention it in the same breath with throwing stars, which appears to indicate you can't tell the difference...

So, again by association, the Civilian has obvious flaws as a "defensive weapon" now? I'll tell you what: Grab a KA-BAR by the blade, bare-handed, and you'll have almost as good a grip as the owner... Wrap the index behind the guard, and your grip will beat the owner's... That's why thin edges on hollow grinds actually matter... How's that for a defensive flaw? Want to try the same thing with a Civilian now?

Gaston

Yup, you are correct (sort of). I only noticed that I faled to exclude that reference to other tacticlol knives with the Civilian AFTER I had been quoted...so I did not go back and edit it. To be clear, yes, many of the knives in this thread have very obvious flaws for use as a self defennse sitation (but not the Civiilian, in my opinion)...though it appears some peole have some pretty silly concepts of what to look for.

With regard to your other statements you make that seem like attacks...whatever...I am comfortable with everything else I said, and I know well what I am talking about.

And BTW a different paragraph is not "the same breath". But if you feel it helps establishing your credibilty while contributing your wealth of tactical insight in this thread on a forum, go for it;)

chris%20zaccara%20UUK.jpg

I can't breathe from laughing. The first thought I had was "Aww my knife got so sad it melted itself"

When you put the knife in the sheath the whole contraption looks like a women's pleasure tool... just sayin

Yea there's a slang term for that sheath. If you google "Microtech (*insert toy name*) sheath", you will probably find a ton of threads making fun of that knife.

I seriously hope no one paid the $800+ price tag for that monstrosity.

Finally got through the whole thread and at least I can say I had plenty of laughs

LOL. It took forever to read this whole thread, but it is a great one.

I think that Microtech Jagdkommando is a top contender. That one and the bayonet for a pistol.

I think MT should combine the two and make the Jagdkommando able to be put on a pistol rail, and then add some LED lights.

hqdefault.jpg
Untitled.004_large.jpg
sog-bladelight-hunt-blt20l-cp-blacklight-large.jpg

These three items combined = WIN the tacticLOL contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back