Tacticlol Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
img_7881.jpg.pagespeed.ce.R2D8Z7u7MK.jpg

I like Sebenza Regular/21/Classic/Insingo but Umnumzaan for me is accident at work. Especially tanto version. :)

I like Sebenza Regular/21/Classic/Insingo but Umnumzaan for me is accident at work. Especially tanto version. :)

I'm not a CRK fan, but knowing the customer base this was probably the result of requests made. He would make them if he wasn't selling them...

LeatherMistressØye;14668822 said:
TacticLOL blades are not just a modern, popular phenomenon. Blade crafters and wielders have been adorning their knives and swords with unnecessary features for centuries.

Enter: HistoricLOL.

Ballock dagger c.1500 England
Has someone questioned your masculinity? Would a normal stabbing fail to drive home your point balls-deep? The Ballock dagger’s handle sticking out of his body leaves no question that he just got f***ed.

Landsknecht Amour c.1500 Germany
Fitting as it might seem, this is not a sheath for the Ballock dagger, nor was it worn by the men who carried them.

The Landsknecht, or Doppelsöldner, preferred a much longer blade, the Zweihänder flamberge. When you wear armor with velvet pleats, you carry a sword with swirls and scalloped edges.

More stuff, functional or not, is always better.

Henry VIII’s horned helmet c.1511

Tactical garments and accessories are everywhere, but a disappointing number of them include horns and glasses. During a zombie apocalypse, King Henry could head-butt his way to victory with precision vision.

Europeans aren’t the only culture with a tacticLOL history:

Ōdachi c.1843 Japan

African Ceremonial blade

History is rich with tacticLOL that makes random serrations, unnecessary jimping, pointless ornamentation, visually-confusing facets, and matte black paint a small point on the timeless epic of HistoricLOL.
Even if we think it ridiculous they probably had a reason to carry serrated swords. Now the reasoning they had might have been wrong even back then but I'm curious to see how they justified it.
Rope cutting? Less frequent sharpening? ;-)
Predetermined breaking points as to not have the whole blade snap off right at the guard but somewhere in the middle at one of the serrations?
Or just to confuse or scare the opponents? Any idea?

Uniforms always where fashion items until more dispersed fighting and camouflaged tactics became more popular.
If they all fight in close ranks anyways then looking like roosters was no disadvantage. Many where forced to fight or even sold to different countries to fight for them. Thus at times they had to be prevented from escape by their own superiors and some color prevented them from blending in with their surroundings.

On the battlefield it helped to distinguish between enemies and even the different kinds of your own troops had distinctly different clothes from each other. Kind of vital without radios and when your leader has to make sense from what he sees through a telescope.

I watched "Turn" last week and was surprised at how colorful and shiny even some American troops where not too long ago.

TacticLOL blades are not just a modern, popular phenomenon. Blade crafters and wielders have been adorning their knives and swords with unnecessary features for centuries.

Enter: HistoricLOL.

Ballock dagger c.1500 England
Has someone questioned your masculinity? Would a normal stabbing fail to drive home your point balls-deep? The Ballock dagger’s handle sticking out of his body leaves no question that he just got f***ed.

Probably religious reasons for shape. Also known as kidney daggers (long after use was uncommon). Often associated with triangular piercing blades. http://www.myarmoury.com/feature_spot_bd.html

Landsknecht Amour c.1500 Germany
Fitting as it might seem, this is not a sheath for the Ballock dagger, nor was it worn by the men who carried them.

Fashion has always been ridiculous. I'd say we've seen a few examples in this thread despite it being knife-oriented.

The Landsknecht, or Doppelsöldner, preferred a much longer blade, the Zweihänder flamberge. When you wear armor with velvet pleats, you carry a sword with swirls and scalloped edges.
Mostly decorative, especially in the example above. However potentially useful in milder forms, especially against wood staffs (axes, halberds, etc) and of course show off a smith's skill.

More stuff, functional or not, is always better.

Henry VIII’s horned helmet c.1511

Tactical garments and accessories are everywhere, but a disappointing number of them include horns and glasses. During a zombie apocalypse, King Henry could head-butt his way to victory with precision vision.

As already mentioned, bright distinctive uniforms necessary for mass combat in the centuries before telecommunications were possible. Easier to read battle and to regroup. Also not uncommon for demon shapes used to terrify enemies.

Europeans aren’t the only culture with a tacticLOL history:

Ōdachi c.1843 Japan

Almost certainly a ceremonial sword dedicated to a shrine. Exhibits the best a smith can make.

History is rich with tacticLOL that makes random serrations, unnecessary jimping, pointless ornamentation, visually-confusing facets, and matte black paint a small point on the timeless epic of HistoricLOL.

Actually I'd say we are in the Golden Age of Tacticlol since the advances in agriculture and technology now allow us excess income, transport, and communication mediums to order things like the DarkOps Interceptor 911 from almost anywhere with internet access delivered to our door which in turn drives makers and manufacturers to ever greater heights of ludicrous. Truly we are blessed by TacticLOL and LMFAO

Last edited:
Can't a girl share pictures of some goofy blades, including one whose handle is a gross-looking shaft and balls, without receiving a banal history lesson? This is the TacticLOL thread, people. ;)

Honestly I only like skulls on knives when they're a bead. Anything else is ugly in my opinion. Like those guys that get custom pocket clips with a skull attached

SF-PC-GroupShot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back