• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

TADGEAR? nope, not with this attitude....

You see everyone, I was able to not only get my point acoss, to some of the people who can read on this site, but got a guy to support the BLADEFORUMS site by becoming a GOLDMEMBER!! I feel great. And Mr. Ed Geeker, I wasnt keeping this thread going. Brandon was. Also, as I have stated, I was not including every registered user of this site. People like your self who decides to jump on the bandwagon with this thread to defend your status as a basic member on this site is not at all the point of this thread. AGAIN, its about a guy who had a problem with TAD. Do you understand this?

What I"m beginning to learn from all of this is that if you do a deal with an individual, and you say "He's Good, A+++" then you know he's 'safe' for conducting business transactions. That's really the main reason I look at this forum.

But I understand if you have a problem, and post it on this Forum, it seems to rattle people. It's not called NOTHING BUT THE GOOD Forum. Maybe we should call it "Better and Not So Good" so as not to traumatize others with damaging labels.;) My complaint wasn't huge, but I felt it was postworthy and therefore I posted it. I did not criticize anyone's penis, knife collection, or membership history. By the same token, I feel I had a valid complaint and tried to back it up with correspondence and why I felt as I did. I apologize for the 'putz' comment, I guess I just felt I was the recipient of an unprovoked 'jibe'.

It seems to me that possibly a bigger issue here is whether or not you CAN voice a concern, a gripe, a complaint, albeit with respect and tact, and not ignite a turf war. wow....

:thumbup: Dave, you and HotRodKelly have it figured out.

I posted a complaint about a member and I was flamed. :thumbdn:

How far will some go? :jerkit:

Especially to try and contradict the person making the post. :foot:

icon3.gif
It's mind boggling.

:D

:thumbup: Dave, you and HotRodKelly have it figured out.

I posted a complaint about a member and I was flamed. :thumbdn:

How far will some go? :jerkit:

Especially to try and contradict the person making the post. :foot:

icon3.gif
It's mind boggling.

Not really the same thing. You got flamed not for complaining about the user but repeatedly demanding they submit proof of your claim instead of you just posting it. :confused:

Not really the same thing. You got flamed not for complaining about the user but repeatedly demanding they submit proof of your claim instead of you just posting it. :confused:

G3 you're wrong... and you being wrong is besides the point.

The point being, a negative comment made (the same as Dave or anyone else with a complaint.)
There are those people that feel the need to either flame the poster or spin the post, for their own pleasure.
That's B.S.

Go reread the thread. People were asking you to submit the proof to your claims. They weren't bashing you, just confused why you would start the thread and then expect the one your complaining about to incriminate themselves and post the said evidence?
That's mind boggling to me and I obviously wasn't the only one. IIRC, not every post was negative and most were willing to listen until it was apparent you weren't going to post anything.

Complaining about a member and complaining about a comment in response to a complaint are two different things.

G3 you're wrong...
Well, no, actually he's correct.

It went something like this:
  • You: So-and-so did me wrong!
  • Others: How did so-and-so do you wrong?
  • You: It's up to so-and-so to show you how he did me wrong!
  • Others: Say what? :confused:
  • You: You're bashing me! What business is this of yours?
  • Others: We're not bashing you. We're just confused. Please show us how so-and-so did you wrong.
  • You: It's up to so-and-so to prove how he did me wrong.
Ad nauseum.

I don't want to derail the thread anymore just wanted to point out that Franklin was given fair time and room to breathe and wasn't being flamed for the reasons he still seems to think he was.

EDCeeker, what can I say except you're full of it.

ED, I'm going to email you my thoughts...

You see everyone, I was able to not only get my point acoss,
The only point you've managed to "get across," hotrodKelly, is that you're suffering under the delusion that members are somehow "better" than registered users. But waitaminute, you're not done!

People like your self who decides to jump on the bandwagon with this thread to defend your status as a basic member on this site...
Oh wow :rolleyes:

Is sad that A "GOLD MEMBER" is getting the third degree from "Registered users", who don't support this site let alone another member of the site and that is what I tried to state in my posts.
People like your self who decides to jump on the bandwagon with this thread to defend your status as a basic member on this site is not at all the point of this thread.

There is a contradiction here, Kelley.

You are the one bringing this whole "GOLD MEMBER" Vs. "registered users" thing into the thread. This was never an issue until you brought it up. Moonwilson, now a gold member, was simply trying to clarify some simple notions you have not yet grasped.

A gold membership enables additional options at your profile, and allows you to attach images to your posts, use private messaging, post polls in any thread you start, and sell items in the Exchange section of bladeforums. It also turns your username gold, showing that you proudly support the forums with your hard earned money. I´ve got newsflash for you, Kelley: a gold membership does not automatically make your opinions any more worthy or valid. For instance, a gold member can be banned just like everyone else.

There are registered users in here that have been members for many years, users whose knowledge and experience with knives is vast, people which have contributed a great deal to these forums. Some of the registered users (like yourself) choose to upgrade to gold membership. Some were gold members for a time, others will be in the future. The fact remains that the feeble registered users are the bulk of this community, they write the vast majority of posts, and they buy the majority of the knives for sale.

Of course, these things I´m saying are all pretty obvious to anybody except you. Your posts are impregnated with the ridiculous notion that being a gold member automatically makes your opinions more worthy.

It does not, and you should wrap your head around that as quickly as possible.

G3 you're wrong... and you being wrong is besides the point.

The point being, a negative comment made (the same as Dave or anyone else with a complaint.)
There are those people that feel the need to either flame the poster or spin the post, for their own pleasure.
That's B.S.

Wow, someone with a level head that's screwed on straight. Well said. It's as if some folks have zero tolerance for a view different than their own. Maybe it would help if the moderators showed some restraint and tolerance.

whitie

Maybe it would help if the moderators showed some restraint and tolerance.

whitie

Doc their wages. I'd say most are pretty tolerant, I mean they're tolerating this drivel.:) You can't always be everyone's favorite.:(

And G3 was fairly accurate in his assessment of the Franklin thread in my opinion.

ps. If you don't like whitie does that make you a racist?:eek: :p

There is a contradiction here, Kelley.

You are the one bringing this whole "GOLD MEMBER" Vs. "registered users" thing into the thread. This was never an issue until you brought it up. Moonwilson, now a gold member, was simply trying to clarify some simple notions you have not yet grasped.

A gold membership enables additional options at your profile, and allows you to attach images to your posts, use private messaging, post polls in any thread you start, and sell items in the Exchange section of bladeforums. It also turns your username gold, showing that you proudly support the forums with your hard earned money. I´ve got newsflash for you, Kelley: a gold membership does not automatically make your opinions any more worthy or valid. For instance, a gold member can be banned just like everyone else.

There are registered users in here that have been members for many years, users whose knowledge and experience with knives is vast, people which have contributed a great deal to these forums. Some of the registered users (like yourself) choose to upgrade to gold membership. Some were gold members for a time, others will be in the future. The fact remains that the feeble registered users are the bulk of this community, they write the vast majority of posts, and they buy the majority of the knives for sale.

Of course, these things I´m saying are all pretty obvious to anybody except you. Your posts are impregnated with the ridiculous notion that being a gold member automatically makes your opinions more worthy.

It does not, and you should wrap your head around that as quickly as possible.

B-I-N-G-O! That's it! Actually, since looking at this thread this morning, I started paying attention to the membership status of the different folks I come across. It turns out that most of my favorite folks here are "mere registered users" and some of the guys I find most irritating are platinum. Conversely, there are horrible troll registered users and really awesome gold and platinum members. Membership status has to do with what privileges you need and are willing to pay for. The only guys who are somehow "higher" than anyone else are the moderators, and this is not because their opinions are necessarily more valid, but rather, because they are the guys who can drop the hammer if you get out of line.

Um ... thread drift happens, but isn't this getting a little ridiculous? There's a button on the forum page that looks like this: It's just as easy to click that one as the one that says
reply.gif

Gents, this is Dave's thread, about TAD. Keep it relevant or you'll make Glockmann come in here and get crabby with you ;) Or worse, Cougar and Dann will both get crabby with you!

Back to topic....

Brandon and I just had a little pow-wow via email.

He and I are officially standing down in regards to each other.

(I like whitie, does that make me a reverse racist?)

Um ... thread drift happens, but isn't this getting a little ridiculous? There's a button on the forum page that looks like this:
It's just as easy to click that one as the one that says
reply.gif
Here's a button that we could have used about 5 pages ago:
button_shut_up_current.gif

Back