• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

TADGEAR? nope, not with this attitude....

Sorry you felt insulted by TAD. I wouldn't have felt insulted by the comments you posted and made by Evan, but then maybe I have been in the world longer and have been called worse.

Never bought anything from TAD but have seen them at several knife shows and have even talked to whoever was behind the table, and found him friendly enough.

I remember the story once told to me when I was a child in church. A traveling man asks another what kind of people he would encounter in the place he was going to. The first person said something to the effect: "Terrible, they're all A..holes" He walks a little further and asks another person the same question. The second person replies: "You will find the nicest people there" And the lesson is....

I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading all of this!:eek:

I just had to say it!!!;)

Shall I continue to show restraint and tolerance, or should I start showing my intolerance and unrestraint?

Hmmmmmmm....... I haven't burned down on anyone lately.........:eek:

hdwrlover, I appreciate Dad's stories, the wisdom in uncanny.

..that the world is filled with a-holes and nice people?... I'd agree.

I agree too.

And at the end of the day, what have we learned?

1. Dave posted a personal experience with TAD.

2. TAD responds with a lame attack.

3. Posts are made in attempt to discredit Dave................

Sorry you felt insulted by TAD. I wouldn't have felt insulted by the comments you posted and made by Evan, ...
I would have. In fact: I was offended by the "library" comment and it wasn't even directed at me. I have a problem with vendors that cop an attitude, regardless of how good (they think) they are. Maybe, as others have suggested, this was some attempt at some form of humour on Evan's part. If so: It misfired badly. Perhaps, assuming it was meant to be a kind of humourous sarcastic comment, phrasing it a bit differently and adding an appropriate emoticon might've lessened its impact. Everybody needs to remember that printed text communicates no body language or inflection.

In any event: I don't think I would've related the exchange here. To my mind it wasn't that big a deal. But to each his own. Maybe I'd feel differently if I'd been on the receiving end.

Okay. What Diamdave said was.....that he didn't like the library comment and not the 5% incase anybody missed it.

Tad Gear was like so effed up for posting the Library comment OMG. I will never buy from them again. Except that new Phoebus Wilderness kit that thing is the shizzznit! and maybe a pair of Ti chopsticks but that's it! :mad: Library? what did he think? that evean just bought the knife to READ it?

Brandon and HotRod kelley, you two should go on tour :D

I think all Gold members are effeminate nancy boys and Registered Users are just unwashed leechy users. Users and losers. The only members that are cool are the super deluxe secret club members. We're so cool our status is on stealth mode so we are among you and you don't even know it! Ha! Son! since before you was born B! What!

All you TAD cheerleaders......gay.
All you cheerleader bashers...impotent.
All you misquoters.......get a Gold membership or shut up cause you uneducated!
All you other people....My collection is way bigger than yours is cuz I own your collection and you too! What! I went to the Library and I sid I'll take a mini-UMF biotch! Hey Xanadu is on cable.

I can understand Evan's comment in context, but I'd be really upset if I e-mailed my local library to ask them about a due date and they said they weren't a library either, because then I wouldn't know who to trust.

But I think the point is that Evan came off as a little annoyed and diamdave took offense, but at the same time, TAD was charging him 1/3 of the restocking fee in the first place so I'd just let it go. I wouldn't blame you for not dealing with them again just because there are plenty of other places selling the same stuff for the same price and if I was holding a grudge, however small, it's just as easy to go somewhere else. Sometimes sarcasm, facetiousness etc. don't come off right in a post or e-mail (I've had that happen to me before, too), and most knife retailers tend to send rather succinct and blunt e-mails, so a lot gets lost in translation. If I said "Spark, you're a bastard!", he probably wouldn't be happy. If I said "Spark, you're a bastid :D!", he'd probably still not be happy because I haven't renewed my membership yet, but at least he would be a little more happy.

Okay. What Diamdave said was.....that he didn't like the library comment and not the 5% incase anybody missed it.

Tad Gear was like so effed up for posting the Library comment OMG. I will never buy from them again. Except that new Phoebus Wilderness kit that thing is the shizzznit! and maybe a pair of Ti chopsticks but that's it! :mad: Library? what did he think? that evean just bought the knife to READ it?

Brandon and HotRod kelley, you two should go on tour :D

I think all Gold members are effeminate nancy boys and Registered Users are just unwashed leechy users. Users and losers. The only members that are cool are the super deluxe secret club members. We're so cool our status is on stealth mode so we are among you and you don't even know it! Ha! Son! since before you was born B! What!

All you TAD cheerleaders......gay.
All you cheerleader bashers...impotent.
All you misquoters.......get a Gold membership or shut up cause you uneducated!
All you other people....My collection is way bigger than yours is cuz I own your collection and you too! What! I went to the Library and I sid I'll take a mini-UMF biotch! Hey Xanadu is on cable.

Okay, I gotta know, and this thread has enough gear-queers hanging out to at last get me an answer - WTF is with the whole ti spork thing anyway? I was at Galyan's this weekend and the Ti sporks which are remarkably close to any other ti sporks being sold, I mean, c'mon, how many different kinds of ti sporks can there be, are utter junk.

It became truly puzzling when I compared them to the far sturdier and superior Lexan sporks, which incidentally costs about $2 versus $15 for the ti ones. And the Ti bent easily. Permanently bent? I cannot say for sure, but I will vouch for them not truing up in 15 minutes of me screwing around while my wife tried on a few jackets.

Maybe the ti sporks are the tactical models. Tactical lunchtime or something, for when you are using the SWAT lunchbox at the office. You know, the old retro tactical lunchbox with the graphics of the old TV show. That really makes points with the other guys. Those sporks really oughta be flamed (flamed? ) and then tigered (maybe white tigered?) and then they'd really tactical, er, better somehow.

C'mon, let's drift again - but this time, someone tell me about the sporks and how a utensil which was useless in the fifth-grade cafeteria is suddenly part of your essential EDC "load-out." Inquiring minds want to know.

Marcelo, I'm laughing my keister off and calling this a day - beautiful work. Truly the entire thread in a microcosm. You get a fresh beer for this one :D

I think Busse should make some LE #'ed sporks. I would buy some so I could add them to my small knife collection. Maybe they could make like a tactical spork as well, the teeth would never break!

I am pissed!!!

I went to the Library to get a book on back pain and the Librarian told me they are not a knife store............................BITCH!!!!!

Maybe the ti sporks are the tactical models. Tactical lunchtime or something, for when you are using the SWAT lunchbox at the office. You know, the old retro tactical lunchbox with the graphics of the old TV show. That really makes points with the other guys. Those sporks really oughta be flamed (flamed? ) and then tigered (maybe white tigered?) and then they'd really tactical, er, better somehow.

Bwahahahaha! :D

Actually, I think I did see some Strider Sporks somewhere. Of course they were Ti, and yes they had the Digicamo, and yes they cost $100.
You use them to gouge out your opponents' eyes, like a melon-baller. I assume that was the premise behind them. Either that or you throw them in while in a murderous rage. I hear they are aerodynamically optimized so they break the sound barrier and the tip glows red-hot like the nose of the space-shuttle on re-entry as it flies screaming across the cafeteria, directly through the chest of the guy who dissed you in the last meeting, and sticks in the wall behind him. And then EXPLODES!

I can add I have a tad "glass breaker ring that the spike fell off of and was lost and a delta life capsule that the tritium capsule had cracked in.

I emailed them many,many times a few years ago as to what I could do and was totally ignored. I did NOT expect a FREE repair. Just a direction on what I could do to replace the spike and the tritium capsule.

Their service was GREAT I will say.... until I needed a repair.

I choose to shop else where.:thumbdn:

Back