• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

TADGEAR? nope, not with this attitude....

What I"m beginning to learn from all of this is that if you do a deal with an individual, and you say "He's Good, A+++" then you know he's 'safe' for conducting business transactions. That's really the main reason I look at this forum.

But I understand if you have a problem, and post it on this Forum, it seems to rattle people. It's not called NOTHING BUT THE GOOD Forum. Maybe we should call it "Better and Not So Good" so as not to traumatize others with damaging labels.;) My complaint wasn't huge, but I felt it was postworthy and therefore I posted it. I did not criticize anyone's penis, knife collection, or membership history. By the same token, I feel I had a valid complaint and tried to back it up with correspondence and why I felt as I did. I apologize for the 'putz' comment, I guess I just felt I was the recipient of an unprovoked 'jibe'.

It seems to me that possibly a bigger issue here is whether or not you CAN voice a concern, a gripe, a complaint, albeit with respect and tact, and not ignite a turf war. wow....

DiamDave,

I apologize for the response given to you in the email, it was NOT proffessional. There really is no excuse to give for it, but Evan is indeed a good guy, and the comment was not meant to offend you, but more just a little under written, but should not have been included nonetheless. Here is what it means, I will state it plainly, so as hopefully it will not lead to more posts:

We are not a library, and the re-stocking fee is more of a deterrent than absolute law of the land. It's discretionary, and is used accordingly to prevent loss of revenue due to CC fees, which Knife Outlet:)thumbup: ) was very thorough in explaining. That is why we it was offered at 5%, as a gesture of goodwill, and I believe you understand it as such. That's not to say we will NEVER charge a full re-stocking fee, but that it is DISCRETIONARY. ;)

Unfortunately, there are indeed people out there who do use retailers as a library, and while some businesses can afford to absorb such things heavily, we simply cannot. I do not think you are one of those people, and it is a cost of doing business to take returns, as someone else(sorry I am not going back through this thread to find out who, but you know who you are :thumbup: ) has stated. :D

I know you were not in any way complaining about the re-stocking fee, and that's pretty cool of you Bud, I just wanted to put that out there so if it ever comes up again perhaps any one wondering about it will come across the explanation, straight from the horse's mouth, etc. :) As far as your re-stocking fee goes, please contact me directly at 415-318-8252 or Mike@TADGear.com and I will get you all squared away, and would also like to correspond with you.

This is GBU, and as long as I have been on BFs and the internet in general, HELL YES YOU SHOULD POST YOUR EXPERIENCES WHETHER GOOD, BAD, or UGLY. Many people can take it many ways, but I like to look at posts in here as opportunities to make right, and to learn from mistakes, be it mine, ours, or anyone else's. I beleive in the SPIRIT of GBU and similar areas of the internet, and it's a shame when someplace forgets about why it was created in the first place.

No matter how many good things you do, it's always the bad that is paid the most attention to, and hey, if a fella can't step back and say, "My Bad, lemme make that right for you", then their momma didn't teach them proper, imo.

To everyone that has replied to this thread, thanks, there's nothing like the internet to communicate with your fellow humans, and it's nice to have a line of dialogue that you can come back to and truly see if what you were tryin' to communicate was understood as you intended it, which you can't always do IRL. Everybody enjoy your knives, they're cool.

Mike :)

please contact me directly ... and I will get you all squared away, and would also like to correspond with you.

Thanks for offering to step in and help out, Mike.
TAD does indeed rock.

It speaks volumes when you step up to the plate and make things right, Mike. That was honorable of you. Now, I can place my order...where's that darn credit card???

Mistakes happen, it's how a company responds that matters. The response from tadgear, is worth 12 pages of cheerleading :p .

Well done, stepping up to the plate like that, Mike. Evan's comment may've been ill-considered, but TADGear seems like a good place with which to do business, from what I've read here.

As far as abusing retailers: I've always tried to treat retailers as I would like to be treated. That means I don't buy stuff with the intention of returning it. That means I don't try to return stuff I bought because I found it someplace else cheaper, later. That means I don't go into local stores to check out the merchandise and turn around and buy it cheaper off the 'net. That means I don't go into local stores and badger them about 'net prices. That means a whole host of things.

DiamDave,

I apologize for the response given to you in the email, it was NOT proffessional. There really is no excuse to give for it, but Evan is indeed a good guy, and the comment was not meant to offend you, but more just a little under written, but should not have been included nonetheless. Here is what it means, I will state it plainly, so as hopefully it will not lead to more posts:

We are not a library, and the re-stocking fee is more of a deterrent than absolute law of the land. It's discretionary, and is used accordingly to prevent loss of revenue due to CC fees, which Knife Outlet:)thumbup: ) was very thorough in explaining. That is why we it was offered at 5%, as a gesture of goodwill, and I believe you understand it as such. That's not to say we will NEVER charge a full re-stocking fee, but that it is DISCRETIONARY. ;)

Unfortunately, there are indeed people out there who do use retailers as a library, and while some businesses can afford to absorb such things heavily, we simply cannot. I do not think you are one of those people, and it is a cost of doing business to take returns, as someone else(sorry I am not going back through this thread to find out who, but you know who you are :thumbup: ) has stated. :D

I know you were not in any way complaining about the re-stocking fee, and that's pretty cool of you Bud, I just wanted to put that out there so if it ever comes up again perhaps any one wondering about it will come across the explanation, straight from the horse's mouth, etc. :) As far as your re-stocking fee goes, please contact me directly at 415-318-8252 or Mike@TADGear.com and I will get you all squared away, and would also like to correspond with you.

This is GBU, and as long as I have been on BFs and the internet in general, HELL YES YOU SHOULD POST YOUR EXPERIENCES WHETHER GOOD, BAD, or UGLY. Many people can take it many ways, but I like to look at posts in here as opportunities to make right, and to learn from mistakes, be it mine, ours, or anyone else's. I beleive in the SPIRIT of GBU and similar areas of the internet, and it's a shame when someplace forgets about why it was created in the first place.

No matter how many good things you do, it's always the bad that is paid the most attention to, and hey, if a fella can't step back and say, "My Bad, lemme make that right for you", then their momma didn't teach them proper, imo.

To everyone that has replied to this thread, thanks, there's nothing like the internet to communicate with your fellow humans, and it's nice to have a line of dialogue that you can come back to and truly see if what you were tryin' to communicate was understood as you intended it, which you can't always do IRL. Everybody enjoy your knives, they're cool.

Mike :)

i think that explains everything and should resolve the issue imho........

I have to back diamdave on this one. He posted the exact correspondence and half of the responses blamed him or didn't see anything that wrong with TADGears reply. Obviously they must do something right because they clearly have fans on this site. Evans response was over the top, rude, and whether you all continue doing business with them is a moot point. I will bet that diamdave won't. For those of you in retail that frequent this board, I hope that you get the message. The customer is not always right, but being an ass while dealing with a customer is always wrong. People do read this forum and with the internet its too easy to find a firestarter, microtech, 55o cord, etc. anywhere else. TADGear would be well served to have someone responsible (ie the owner) check outgoing emails because enough dumbass moves like this one will dry up some business. Hopefully, TADGear made it right with dave.

I have to back diamdave on this one. He posted the exact correspondence and half of the responses blamed him or didn't see anything that wrong with TADGears reply.
That's an inaccurate representation, IMO. Few, if any, disagreed that Evan's reply wasn't appropriate. Many, myself included, simply felt TADGear didn't deserve to be pilloried simply for one ill-considered comment.

Since then, somebody from TADGear has publicly apologized for the incident. That being the case: Isn't this becoming something of an exercise in inflicting corporal punishment an expired large ungulate mammal at this point?

Made my first trip to the TAD brick and mortar store yesterday. Was pleasantly greeted had all my questions answered and Mike even brought out some goodies from the back that are a must have on my Christmas list. My experience was very positive and no I am not a cheerleader:D just relaying my experience in the GB&U.

Made my first trip to the TAD brick and mortar store yesterday. Was pleasantly greeted had all my questions answered and Mike even brought out some goodies from the back that are a must have on my Christmas list. My experience was very positive and no I am not a cheerleader:D just relaying my experience in the GB&U.

Oh yeah, Mike will make sure you walk out of there spending more then you planned to when you walked in.

That's an inaccurate representation, IMO. Few, if any, disagreed that Evan's reply wasn't appropriate. Many, myself included, simply felt TADGear didn't deserve to be pilloried simply for one ill-considered comment.

Since then, somebody from TADGear has publicly apologized for the incident. That being the case: Isn't this becoming something of an exercise in inflicting corporal punishment an expired large ungulate mammal at this point?

What he said...

Attachments

• dedhorse.gif
    dedhorse.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 260
Hey GUys...

I don't think I'm saying anything new that Tad Gear is Stand up,, but it could have been handled differently for sure...

I also know Dave to be Stand Up, and don't think he was Finger Phucking the knife just for something to do...

If it's just not for him, and wasn't satisfied with it for Whatever reason, he shouldn't have been spoken to like that.

Mistakes happen, Evan may have had a bad day,, who knows..

I hope the matter gets resolved though, Evan and Dave are both good people in my book..

ttyle

Eric
O/ST

Thank you Normark.

I just read mike's post. Thanks. I"ve sent Mike an email. I'm confident we can move on to other things now.

Back