Tag Sale 119,110

Hello All, I came across a couple of knives that I bought yesterday. The box for the first one says it's a 119-00-0. It came with a black leather sheath and 2 pamphlets. The box is in bad shape but everything else is mint and it appears unused. Did I come across something decent?? I paid $60 for both. I collects lone wolf knives and have a feeling that I'm going to be hooked on collecting Buck models now. Just what I need..:D:D:D:D...

The other knife is a buck 110 with an Indian head in the handle. It only came in a buck sheath and no box. It appears to be unused also. I really do like this one. Any idea's on what each is worth? Thank You for your opinions or information. Pete G

Welcome Pete. As per Forum rules registered members cannot ask for 'worth' on knives. Must be Gold level members to ask such. Buck still makes the 119 and I see them in box stores priced at 45$ and 110's in the same setting at 40$. DM

Pete, as David said, the 119 is common but vintage is also important. The 119-00-0 model code sounds recent so probably not vintage. The 119 is the classic iconic Buck knife and a great start for a collection if it's in mint shape as you say. There is a symbol on the tang of the knife next to the 119 and that is a date code. You can find a list of date codes in a sticky thread at the top of this forum page. The 110 is another matter...you said "Indian Head" on the handle. Again you don't give a picture but there was a 110 made in 2003 with oak colored handles with the Indian motorcycle logo on the handle and that would be a very nice, super sweet find and a great start to collecting the second most iconic Buck knife... the 110.

For comparison to your 110, here is what the Indian motorcycle logo looks like on a Buck 175 knife. In all, I think the Indian motorcycle logo was available on the 110, 175, and 525.

175IndianBlack01_zps5df1ece4.jpg

Last edited:
Back