Take your shot here if you need to.

Bob,
Simon has issues"BOO-HOO!I could care less if he apologises or not!!I didn't ask nor expect one! "MY" feeling is this,"HE CAN KISS MY ***"!!I have NO desire to listen to anything he has to say,I remember when he first appeared,ISSUES,you say,HOW ABOUT "LACK OF TASTE,CLASS & PROFESSIONALISM"towards HI,Bill & Rus. You went over to "EXPLAIN!!"WHY??You owe him NOTHING!!You stated he is NOT going to change! Well guess what,NEITHER am I.Get kissy-poo & BUDDY BUDDY with Simon,"I'd" rather be with a Rattler!
THE DUCK! :cool:

Isnt it bit wierd, the very thing you slated sirupate about in the MA forum, you all want on your kukris i.e. traditional bosters, no cho creep etc. Perhaps you shouldnt be so hypocritical by attacking him aftr all if sirupate had not woken you up to these facts you would still be selling the same old tourist kukri that all the kukri houses in Nepal make. I have had the experince ( and i am so pleased ! ) of handling and using a HI kukri in comparsion to the other Kukri that i use.Personally i was shocked !!!! i have been using weapons for a long time and found this the most inacurate unbalanced weapon i have used, not only does it look shocking it feels like an oversized letter opener and woud have no confidence in using this in any situation !(even to open my mail!!!)

Gurkha said:
Isnt it bit wierd, the very thing you slated sirupate about in the MA forum, you all want on your kukris i.e. traditional bosters, no cho creep etc. Perhaps you shouldnt be so hypocritical by attacking him aftr all if sirupate had not woken you up to these facts you would still be selling the same old tourist kukri that all the kukri houses in Nepal make. I have had the experince ( and i am so pleased ! ) of handling and using a HI kukri in comparsion to the other Kukri that i use.Personally i was shocked !!!! i have been using weapons for a long time and found this the most inacurate unbalanced weapon i have used, not only does it look shocking it feels like an oversized letter opener and woud have no confidence in using this in any situation !(even to open my mail!!!)

1. The desire of some here for the non-hibaki bolster and chos closer to the bolster dates back years. Pre-Simon, that would be. That fact does not fit your thesis, but facts can be that way.

2. Hi had begun to respond to customer desires in that respect before Simon opened the ball with his attack on HI.

3. Your opinion that HI products are trash and that Simon's products are the world's best has been duly noted. I suppose the Tora "flogging" will continue until we agree. (Pun intended.)

4. The odd private transaction aside, we, the members here and the moderators, do not sell khukuri. We are fans of khukuri. We buy them. You have acheived a task I thought impossible - putting us off some pretty attractive khukuri we would otherwise have been inclined to buy -- or in my case continue to buy.

5. I find it difficult to believe you have been at anything for "a long time," but I've been wrong before, that being the nature of life.

Bobwhite, you did a good job. I was amazed that you were able to muster the energy to engage in that slimy melee. Just reading it exhausted me. When someone decides that they're the devil's advocate, it's time for me to look for the nearest exit. I felt like I needed a shower afterward.
We know who we are, and why we hang out here. Shun the trolls. Ignore the fools. The children will be back in school soon, so don't even bother with them.
Thanks for defending the HI flag.

Gurkha, you are welcome to express yourself but I take exception to some of your comments.

" if sirupate had not woken you up to these facts you would still be selling the same old tourist kukri that all the kukri houses in Nepal make.

While no expert, I have handled some of those tourist khuks and there is no comparison. The HI khuks are of extremely high quality and they perform extremely well for the chopping that I use them for.

i have been using weapons for a long time and found this the most inacurate unbalanced weapon i have used, not only does it look shocking it feels like an oversized letter opener and woud have no confidence in using this in any situation !(even to open my mail!!!)

Silly analogy. I have great respect for martial arts people but I doubt that you are one of them. If I'm going to get into a fight I'll let my CCW 1911 Colt 45 speak for me. Use the right tools for the job friend and don't play games.

Your post here is hurting your master Simon much more than helping him. Much better to let sleeping dogs (sharks :D ) lie.

Have a beautiful day.

Ice :)

Im pretty new to this forum but it makes good reading - looking at the comparison between Kukris the HI ww2 kukri looks like something someone read about in a book and thought they might have a go at making rather than a genuine Kukri ( and a poor first attempt at that!) Still im sure your im a lumberjack and im ok attitude makes you very good at chopping !! - but wouldnt you be better off buying a chainsaw or an axe for that?

limbu said:
Im pretty new to this forum but it makes good reading - looking at the comparison between Kukris the HI ww2 kukri looks like something someone read about in a book and thought they might have a go at making rather than a genuine Kukri ( and a poor first attempt at that!) Still im sure your im a lumberjack and im ok attitude makes you very good at chopping !! - but wouldnt you be better off buying a chainsaw or an axe for that?

Hmmm. Another Simon/Gurkha clone. Your comments do not deserve the dignity of further answer. But keep trying anyway. I like to laugh.

Ice :)

I finally took a brief look at the Txxx site, and saw a few things about their offerings that I kinda liked. The thicker, more substantial (looking - at least) butt cap, the slightly curved handle, and the aforementioned, debated-to-death lack of cho creep and habaki bolster. I think that HI could help their product line by looking at the competition. It's called capitalism :D
HI khukris are great, but they might be even greater in the future.

Bri in Chi said:
I think that HI could help their product line by looking at the competition. It's called capitalism :D

I agree. Its also called good sense and I'm sure that Yangdu will make sure that improvements come. My only problem is that guys like Simon, Gurkha and Linbu come here and make only negative comments while trying to promote their own agenda. Definitrly not cool on a forum that promotes HI products and has enthusiastic supporters.

Ice

Bob, you're a braver man than me and all credit to you. I have bought khukuries from Tora and HI and others. Love them all but for different reasons. Right at this very moment I have Robert from Survival Sheath Systems about to forward to me a Tora Officer's model and a 20 inch HI Gelbu Special in back sheaths. I used to be an active member of the HI forums a few years back. I loved Uncle Bill because he was one of the most revered peace makers that I have ever had the pleasure to come across. My most prized khukuri is a 21 inch chandan handled sirupati that was once the possession of Uncle Bill - I never plan to sell it - it is prized because it once belonged to Uncle Bill. If he had been leading a forum selling watermelons or silk worms, I would have joined his forum. I grieve for his passing as all of us do. He is irreplaceable. You appear to be following in his revered footsteps. I am absolutely convinced you are doing what he would have wanted done. To use someone else's quote: "He was a giant among men".When I first saw what was happening in the earlier threads I thought this is one topic to steer away from. You didn't and from what I have seen kept a clear head in a very difficult situation. There have been understandably a lot of very emotional comments but I firmly believe you are doing the right thing.

Greetings: Bobwhite
This is J. W. KIlpatrick here. I am really sorry that I was not able to be there in person at old Simon's forum along with you and Simon and Gurka and Limbu or Limbo or whaterer his name is. We could have gotten together and had a good old donnybrook. Since I am of the Irish, I love a real donnybrook. I could have thrown my lasso around all three of them and tied them up in one tight bunch and kicked all three of their butts into outter space (he, he, he ) That's me laughing pardner.
When I was a young man, I would jump on top of a long bar with a bunch of cowboys and bullriders standing in front of it drinking their beer and I would walk down it and kick their beer into their faces just to stir up some excitement. Sometimes I would have to fight two or three of them off me at the same time. One time I remember leaving a bar like that with chips of their teeth in my knuckles from hitting them so hard. (he,he,he ) I was young and wild and full of fire and looked at it as just having some fun.
However, since I am 64 now and am getting older and rounder, I may not have actually been able to kick their butts into outter space, but I would at least have been able to hold them all in a corner and let you kick the stuffings out of them as long as you felt like doing so. I am absolutely sure that we would have felt better and much more relaxed after an experience like that. (he,he,he) Hey, Bobwhite, you did good. God Bless you, J. W. Kilpatrick

Bri in Chi, glad to see someone in the HI forumhas somecommon sense. it takes a man to take critcism and we all need it to improve .Repect where respect is due i think.I would like to ask if anyone on this forun has had more experience,training in kukri than sirupate ? i would be pleased to know as there are many people willing to attack his knowledge and skills yet cannot come up with any evidence of there own knowledge or profffesionalism in this area. i would also like to comment on an earlier thread dismaying the video footage on his site cutting a watermelon 3 times in just a few seconds when i have not seen any evidence of ANYBODY else with this skill. If you have please feel free to post it and show me that i am wrong in believing what i know, i will be the first to offer public apoligies to anyone that can prove (as many people have tried) that simon has no knowlegde and skill with kukris.

Sorry who is Simon? Im only posting my opinion of HI Kukris - its fair to say that certainly the ww2 version doesnt appear to be like any traditional kukri ive ever seen. Obviously everyone here is very passionate about kukris but surely even the HI advocates must see that there is no such thing as the perfect kukri and that there is always room for improvement - only a fool would argue otherwise.

limbu said:
Sorry who is Simon? Im only posting my opinion of HI Kukris - its fair to say that certainly the ww2 version doesnt appear to be like any traditional kukri ive ever seen. Obviously everyone here is very passionate about kukris but surely even the HI advocates must see that there is no such thing as the perfect kukri and that there is always room for improvement - only a fool would argue otherwise.
Limbu I think part of the problem, at least for me, has not been a question of whether HI should change things or not, but rather the manner by which Simon aka Sirupate has framed his comments. Especially after the recent death of HI leader Bill Martino, rash comments about HI pedalling tourist khukuris on unsuspecting Americans, that his Quality Control is better because he sells khukuri as a hobby whereas HI is a business (a comment like this makes it seem like HI is only after money whereas he is altruistic), etc... strike many members here as not commentary about need for change, but rather a direct affront to the memory of Bill Martino.

One thing I still do not understand is this laughable assumption that HI sells tourist khukuri common all over Nepal. I hate to say it, but I have seen alot of tourist khukuri, and have never seen ones with habaki bolsters. In fact I have seen more tourist khukuris that have had pointy tips, curved handles, and less cho creep but blades that wouldnt cut warm butter. I dont understand why I should take a British man's opinion over what a tourist khukuri is, when experience says otherwise, and my Nepali friends here at work (yes there are Nepalis here in the US) laugh that real khukuri are supposed to look only a certain way, when for them it is whether the khukuri works that makes it a real khukuri and not what it looks like. I would still like to see where these tourist khukuris that so resemble HI blades are being sold, because as of yet I have seen too many other tourist khukuris that look far more like this Sirupate notion of a proper khukuri.

Limbu, the "WW II" is but one of many styles sold recently by HI. It no more looks like any WW II issue khukuri I have seen (thus far) than my much older antique khukuri look like the non-traditional military models. On the other hand, HI and Tora make khukuris that look much like a WW II MK II -- and call them "M 43."

Most here just do not understand why only certain forms are "good" and all else is "poor" or "trash" -- unless it is the matter of who is selling.

:rolleyes:

Gurkha, Gorkha, Gurkha, whatever:

As for "proving the negative," I have no idea if Simon Hengle is the greatest martial artist in the world or not. I only have the word of the man himself and a couple of loyal students. For those who care (and not suggesting he should not care - accomplishment is important), the real Internet wonks out there can search for proof one way or the other. (I could find my son's teacher a couple of years ago, but he's "merely" an 8th dan.) The MA world seems to be a "small town."

Tell you what, prove I'm not a former black ops sniper who "terminated" unwanted Latin American pols in the 1960's . You should have a great time tracing me from 1961 to 1970. :D

Back