Taking a stab at paracording the handles on my Izulas.

Well, as I favor hobbies that engage coordination, concentration and motor skills, all of which are recommended for staving off Alzheimer's, I briefly took up paracording skeleton-handled knives. These are three of the four Izulas that I pararcorded yesterday. You can see I used William Cutting08's basketweave pattern, from one of his YouTube how-to videos. The top one is an Izula II, the other two are regular little Izulas in venom green. Great little work blades. The green paracord fabric glows in the dark, in case you misplace it in the dark.

I managed not to cut myself, but I really need to learn how to tie those ring knots, though.

IzulaWrapWebStar2.jpg

Good job:thumbup: one thing I would do is melt the ends of the cord so they don't Frey...

Thanks for the advice! Those knots and frayed cord ends is what happens when I rely only on YT videos to learn cool stuff. I accessed some great videos, but no info on which is the best type of knot to use or how to cauterize them cord ends. A moments like these I wish I'd been a boy scout. Lol.

So just taking a match or a lighter to those cord ends should do the trick, eh?

If you want to keep working with your hands, you could whip the end of the rope instead of fusing it.

whip.jpg

Interesting bpeezer. That seems to involve an entirely different wrapping method but I like it.

The thick post looking thing is actually the end of your paracord, the thin "rope" being used in the picture is more like one of the white strands inside paracord. It's a method that keeps the ends of paracord from fraying without melting them. Looks like this at the end.

rope%20end%20whipped.jpg

My current izula wrap is gutted paracord in a sort of twisted "katana" wrap (if that makes sense) then the ends are whipped together with 2mm cord. makes a nice little tag on the end. other times I've just done a reef knot, and melted it a bit.

Back