Taking pre-orders on next batch of Nessmuks

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have a batch of Nessmuks and Monster Nessies coming up soon. Should be done end of next week, actually. ;)

On top of that...I will have some Kenny Rowe Pin-Lock sheaths available for each...and a "piggyback" sheath to hold both - should you need a "SET". :thumbup: (kydex available too...but these look great in leather!)

Note: the only leather sheath I will have available for the Nessmuk will be the Kenny Rowe Pin-Lock...absolutely the best looking, most secure, functional leather sheath you can buy. :thumbup:

If you already know what you want, go ahead and specify the handle material, options/extras, and blade steel you would like, by adding your order to my Order Tracker here:

www.kosterknives.com/orders.htm

Here's what I'll have available:

Nessmuks (pricing starts at $145)
(3) in O-1, 1/4" thick, drilled handle, tapered tang (1)
(3) in W-2, 3/16" thick, drilled handle
(4) in 1095, 1/8" thick, SCANDI grind (zero grind)

Monster Nessies (pricing starts at $245)
(10) in 5160, 1/4" thick, drilled handle (2 w/ tapered tang)

I have a lot of Arizona Desert Ironwood, Cocobolo and Koa. I prefer these woods for the Nessmuks because they are HARD CORE and extremely tough/durable natural materials.

I will gladly do other handle materials...micarta, G10, other stabilized woods.

For those that want to see-before-they-buy....those are the handle materials I will be using most.

I will need a materials deposit (30%) to guarantee your order. Then the remainder on completion.

Feel free to call/email/PM about anything, any time. You can post your interest in this thread as well.

Thanks for looking!

Dan

479-366-7794
dan AT kosterknives DOT com

pic for comparison sake:

BladeShow01.jpg

Nessmuk - 9" overall, 4.5" blade, 4.5" handle

The woods shown in the pic above are (from the top):
- Arizona Desert Ironwood (price w/ mosaic pin and liners = $180)
- Koa (w/ liners = $170)
- Stabilized Curly Maple (w/ mosaic pin and liners = $160)

Monster Nessie (2nd from the top) - 13.75" overall, 8.5" blade, 5.25" handle

- Shown in Arizona Desert Ironwood with mosaic pin and red liners. Pricing for similar would be $295

Sheath Options:

Kydex = I will gladly make a kydex sheath for $45.

However...to me, it belongs in leather. So, I contracted with Kenny Rowe of www.rowesleather.com to get the absolute best sheath possible for these knives. (I will post pics as soon as they arrive)

Pricing is as follows:

Pin-Lock Sheaths = $120

"Piggyback" Pin-Lock sheath (holds both Nessmuks) = $170

Here is a pic of a pin-lock sheath by Kenny Rowe. There is no way that knife is coming out! Yet still easy to deploy (better and safer than a snap...no strap to get accidentally cut as you put the knife back in the sheath).

My K-BOAR/K-TUSK combo from the Hog Hunt last year
Pin-Lock sheath in the open position - the blade is held in place by the pin (against the guard - ring in this case)

Note: the sheath in the link above is a "piggyback" sheath as well (attached to a Doc Holiday harness). For these Nessmuk piggyback sheaths, I asked Kenny to make both knives pin-locks...vs. this one where the smaller knife is a snap-strap.

dan owns my wallet. he knows this :)

bladite

I got you down for one, Bro. :thumbup:

Go ahead and add your order to the Order Tracker to simplify things for me. :D :p

What are their respective dimensions (blade length, blade width, overall length) and prices? What is the cost for the sheaths?
Furthermore, from the picture that you have provided could you please let me know which knife has which wood for the handle? Have you also placed a red spacer between the handle scales and the tang of the knife or, it is just a visual?
Regarding blade steel, what differences do you see between O-1 and W-2?

Thank you in advance for putting up with all of my questions.

Thanks for the reminder - I've updated the first post to include specs/prices. :thumbup:

The knives in the above pics do have spacers.

O1 is a tougher alloy tool steel. Very dependable. Patinas quickly.

W2 is a finer-grain steel - similar to 1095, but with vanadium. Has gained popularity among bowie makers for holding a keen edge. Also, you can get a hamon (quench line) with W2.

If you want a good general use knife, go with O1. If you need a finely polished edge and the visual appeal of a hamon...go with W2.

Thanks!

Thank you for your comprehensive reply. BTW, those are fine looking knives:thumbup: !

Still got a few spots left...going to be gluing up handles today/tomorrow. Now's your chance to pick-n-choose. ;)

Note: I will be leaving on a 2 week vacation starting next Monday. So, if you're "on the list" - yours gets done this week. :thumbup:

The rest I'll finish when I get back.

Payment info here:

www.kosterknives.com/payments.htm

Thanks!

Dan

Progress Pic:

attachment.php

1 = 1095 1/8" Zero Edge Grind

2 = O1 1/4" full flat grind

3 = W2 0.200" full flat grind

4 = Monster Nessies

:D

Attachments

• NessmukPic1.jpg
    NessmukPic1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 243
Check out my Order Tracker - you can "price out" different options there.

Generally speaking, though...the nessmuk starts out at around $145 and the Monster Nessie at $245.

Thanks!

Dan

Back