• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Tales from Stupid Ebay

No links in this thread just funny stuff.

I'm currently selling away a lot of My collection circa 2012 to present on a certain site to pay off bills. My experience has been very positive working with other collectors but every now and then You get an inquiry like this. It was about my LionSteel SR2a orange:

Good morning,
How early is the lock up? Is the blade centered? Does it have any blade play?
Thank you

Yeah. My Response

How early is the lockup? Wtf? Yes it is centered it is a Lionsteel they all are centered. Blade play?
You obviously dont need to ask these questions If You had any experience with a LionSteel blade.
Thanks for the interest but I dont think this is the knife for You.

Maybe its just early and My lockup isnt guud

Seems OP isn’t getting the response he wanted.

Those are questions that I would ask for any folding knife even one made by Jesus himself.

Infact if a buyer doesn’t ask me those questions I offer pictures showing them anyway so that way he can see what he’s getting.

I'm currently selling away a lot of My collection circa 2012 to present on a certain site to pay off bills. My experience has been very positive working with other collectors but every now and then You get an inquiry like this. It was about my LionSteel SR2a orange:

Good morning,
Thank you

Yeah. My Response

How early is the lockup? Wtf? Yes it is centered it is a Lionsteel they all are centered. Blade play?
You obviously dont need to ask these questions If You had any experience with a LionSteel blade.

Maybe its just early and My lockup isnt guud

Wow. Just wow.
At risk of falling victim to a troll thred, here it goes...

FWIW I returned a Lionsteel folder to an online retailer for just the details you were asked. The Lionsteel fixed blade I kept is beautiful in some areas, and just barely adequate in others.

I’ve bought blades in the Exchange here advertised as “Near Mint!” only to find scratches in the stonewash and dents in the scales.

Check out the GBU forum on this site. It won’t take long for you to find someone lamenting about receiving a “Like New In Box” specimen that’s been taken apart, messed with, obviously used, etc etc.

I learned very quickly here that regardless of what pictures show and how it’s advertised and how many positive transactions the seller has, I always ask, “Hows’s the centering and lockup, any blade play, any scratches or signs of use?”

If it’s too cumbersome for the seller to respond with, “No problems mate, no signs of use or wear...etc,” then franky I’d rather do business with someone else. A good seller understands that buying sight unseen entails some risk on behalf of the buyer.

OP, a personal thanks to you for letting me know where you fall out on the subject.

Last edited:
Personally I'd have no problem answering those questions, especially if they already haven't been addressed in my listing. Helps prevent the hassle of a return and me wondering why didn't the buyer ask those questions prior to the purchase. The guy actually was doing you and himself a favor by asking questions before wasting everyone's time imo

Personally I'd have no problem answering those questions, especially if they already haven't been addressed in my listing. Helps prevent the hassle of a return and me wondering why didn't the buyer ask those questions prior to the purchase. The guy actually was doing you and himself a favor by asking questions before wasting everyone's time imo

I’d actually be suspicious if a buyer DIDN’T ask those questions. It would indicate to me he is fairly new to the hobby and might not be the best person to do business with.

My experience has been very positive working with other collectors but every now and then You get an inquiry like this:

Good morning,
Thank you

^ I don't find anything remotely funny, regarding the childish, extremely rude, response, that you had the nerve to send to a, potential customer??? The audacity that you displayed, behaving in such a manner, speaks volumes, as to your moral character, or lack thereof. :thumbsdown:

The potential buyer (that you did a huge favor btw- by chasing him/her away), simply sent you a polite inquiry, that began with a friendly: "Good morning," followed by 3 short succinct questions that any prudent buyer would want to know the answers to, followed by a: "Thank you."

You really need to consider taking a long look in a mirror, and maybe ask your self a question along the lines (insert "MY":
:confused:

Back