Talk of a Wee blade, the story unfolds

Get to feeling better, Ray! No fun being home illin'!

Ran across this while browsing, don't know if any aspects of it lend to any inspiration...
View attachment 1085670
I think that pattern is a "Nessmuk" Mitch. It's one I've been interested in.

John, the blade sketch is beautiful. All that belly... Very nice :thumbsup:

Get well, Ray. :(. Soup and a little whiskey :pesp
My wife is ill, I'm trying to stay ahead of it. This time of year is tough :eek:

The knife project is looking great. A few bumps in the road, but hopefully we're all learning things along the way :)

Last edited:
Trying to multipass, workin on this sheath and sketching things up. I don't like to use graph paper for sketching anymore, but had some out for making the sheath pattern.

Nickel silver end cap, micarta to bolster it. Stacked leather, with blackwood up front, Nickel Silver guard. Peened tang in typical Redmeadow fashion. That would be a lightweight little user right there I think.

Options might be, micarta (rear spacer) color and type of wood by the guard. Rough sketch.
View attachment 1085679

OK, now you have my attention! I really like the shape that you sketched there. :cool: Reminds me a little bit of an oyster knife (ETA - and a bit Scagel-ish too, looking at it more), but so much more elegant! Love the flat grind there too. That would be a really practical EDC-type knife. :thumbsup: LeeLoo approves! ;)

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Trying to multipass, workin on this sheath and sketching things up. I don't like to use graph paper for sketching anymore, but had some out for making the sheath pattern.

Nickel silver end cap, micarta to bolster it. Stacked leather, with blackwood up front, Nickel Silver guard. Peened tang in typical Redmeadow fashion. That would be a lightweight little user right there I think.

Options might be, micarta (rear spacer) color and type of wood by the guard. Rough sketch.
View attachment 1085679
You've been looking into my daydreams again, haven't you?
That drawing looks just like I envisioned it.

John, how many of these are were you planning on making again? :oops:

Maybe a first run of 4 or 5? First Dibs to the posters in the thread.

(For the newer guys, don't feel obligated to buy one just because you posted in this thread, we don't work like that).

Maybe a first run of 4 or 5? First Dibs to the posters in the thread.

(For the newer guys, don't feel obligated to buy one just because you posted in this thread, we don't work like that).

So tempted. But I'll leave it for now. You might need to make more than that... :eek:

Well there are the two I figured were most definitely for sure! ;)

^ We Know :rolleyes:

Me too!

Ray

Ray, we're not into the whole "metoo" thing... ;) Better call actual "Dibs" to be safe.

I've been counting 4 or maybe 5 that want in on this one. I'm liking it more and more as I look at it further, but I did not push this model nor participate in the polls, so I don't feel like I should jump in line quite yet. Maybe I can call a backup dibs? In case they're not all spoken for by the end of the day? I don't want to step on any toes. But this would fit into my Redmeadow lineup quite nicely! :cool:

For those wondering....

"DIBS" is just a placeholder for when these become available, It's not an obligation. Sales are offered first to the Dibs, then the Newsletter, and only then to a public sales thread. Can't find a public sale's thread from me? Well, nothing usually makes it that far, that should tell you something.

This thread will be unique in that I will offer Dibs to those who posted in the thread first. All I need when that time comes is a Yes, or a No, I don't expect anyone to feel obligated just because they posted, I want to make that very clear.

OK, there's the other three I figured would be wanting in. I guess I'll throw my official "DIBS" in here at this point, if there's enough to go around. :) Now, the only question remaining is does Sheldon want in or not? (ETA - And I'm fully aware if Sheldon calls a DIBS here, he supplants my place in line, as he posted way earlier in this thread than I did. ;))

Last edited:
John, my mind settled down last night and a realization came to the fore...
:rolleyes:
Would it be possible to put a lanyard hole (for those that want one) in this kind of handle?
I really like this feature in my knives. Thanks.

... and a compass :thumbsup:

:D Geez I must be feeling better I'm getting back to my not nice temperament. :)

Just funnin' with ya Pinemoon Pinemoon A lanyard hole - a tube? - could be very useful on a wee blade.
Don't know how practical with stacked leather but the answer man will let us know.

Ray

Back