Talk to me about the mini sheepdog!

anyone have it and have anything to say about it? From what I understand the action and fit & finish are excellent and I LOVE the design. Just need a little push to make the purchase.

Great little knife. Don't think about it just buy one. Every one I've tried has a great action.

Kizer have really upped their game on their actions recently which I've noticed on the Gemini, Ursa Minor and a few others that used to be rather hit and miss if you got a good one or a weak one. Now they are consistently good like the mini Sheepdog.

Mini Sheepdog is the only Kizer that I have.
I decided to dip my toe in the water, and try out the Vanguard series.
Received it last week, and have carried it every day since.
I really appreciate the quality and design.
You won't be disappointed.

anyone have it and have anything to say about it? From what I understand the action and fit & finish are excellent and I LOVE the design. Just need a little push to make the purchase.

Did you buy the Mini Sheepdog? I ordered one yesterday!

I've heard that he damascus is coming out in 2019. Does anybody have a more exact date? I'm craving one of those beauties.

I've had a Vanguard Mini Sheepdog for about 4 months now and love it. Ultra sharp out of the box and deploys easier/quicker than any knife I own.

Last edited:
I'd love to get one, but it isn't able to be a left hand carry. Now if they would drill and tap it for that, I'd be on it in a heartbeat!

Just ordered the mini sheepdog 10 minutes ago. Mine will have the blue handles.

Last edited:
Wow, 3 months ago they were everywhere. Guessing it was a short production run.

That's where I got mine a few months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
A new production run on all three versions (black, blue and green) is available!
I got new stock last month (dealer in Europe).
The new mini's in titanium (Kizer Bladesmith series not Vanguard) will be available pretty soon!

Back