Tangram Santa Fe manufacturing quality

Cyrano

Gold Member
IMHO, there is some darned good manufacturing quality here — especially considering the price.

The scale in these images (at the lower left corner) is in units of microns, where 1 micron = 0.001 mm.

i-X8mmPVm-X2.jpg

i-fJTZKDJ-X2.jpg

i-ppz2TnC-X2.jpg

i-Wb7zNMT-X2.jpg

i-7Cm9L8Z-X2.jpg

Damn, that’s better than any of my Kizers....o_O

DKB, half of Benchmade's sharpening personnel should be drawn and quartered....or retrained at the very least!

Really appreciate the post, brother. Just got mine delivered to the folks house so they can bring it to me in Taipei. Looks amazing, not even to mention the price. Looking forward to actually having in-hand.

Sadly, my Sante Fe came with a defect in the blade. Specifically, there is a slight bend near the tip. It's very subtle. I stared at it for a week before I took some measurements to determine it was indeed deformed. I contacted Kizer and am awaiting a reply. This doesn't diminish my opinion at all—it's still my favorite budget EDC. In fact, I'll hate going without it while I wait for a replacement. However, I've seen this exact issue on a Ruike P831-SF which makes me wonder if thinner wharncliffe blades are prone to this sort of thing during manufacturing.

I have the Tangram and I think it is the smoothest knife for twice the price. I didn't think I would like it because of it's small size (for me) but I can't seem to leave it at home. I don't no exactly why but this knife seems to have everything sewn up. It has temporarily replaced my PM2 for pocket time and I seem to use it more often than the PM2. Usually when a higher end knife company makes lower cost items they usually have trouble putting out good products but in this case I think that the Vanguard series has prepared them for this project. All I can say is great knife for the money

Back