Tanto PM2!!

Love everything about that lightweight Para 3 except the clip. I always end up snapping those things. That tanto is cool looking. Not for me, but neat :thumbsup:

Tantos have held little appeal to me in the past and I don't think I would be interested in buying a tanto PM2. The blade shape is a big part of what appeals to me on that line, so I wouldn't view a new tanto offering as an improvement worth spending my $ on unless there were some exclusive steel offerings in that configuration.

In jade g-10 and m4? I would be all over that! :thumbsup:
A sort of improvement on the Lum Tanto sprint, eh?

The tanto is, to me, a decidedly non-Spyderco design. But the PM2 is so popular and I'm sure some folks out there want a tanto, or even just a fresh take on the PM2, so good for them!

A sort of improvement on the Lum Tanto sprint, eh?

The tanto is, to me, a decidedly non-Spyderco design. But the PM2 is so popular and I'm sure some folks out there want a tanto, or even just a fresh take on the PM2, so good for them!
Exactly!

I'm just going to say that I was disappointed with my jade Lum tanto and leave it at that.

I was going to say no way not for me.
But being hollow ground (if that is the way the production version goes) I see shades of the Gayle Bradley One there.
Hmmmm
I was wrong about the GB blade shape (I like it now that I own one) before that I just thought it was weird.
Hmmmmmm
Tanto Para 2 . . . maaaaaaybe.
I would never give up my full flat ground pointy Para2 for it .
Might carry both together in the same day though.

Eric shows this at the end of the video linked below. He said it is a prototype, but he would like to make some. It looks really well done to me. I like the fine tip on the PM2, but I would probably get a tanto just for fun:

Definitely want this tanto para 2 depending on the tip. I love the para 2 but the fragile tip has always been my main gripe about the knife.

Before I say eff no. If they can do a "traditional(ish) tanto or more specifically like my swamp rat tallywhacker. Yes. American tanto is a hard absolutely no.

I just got my first tanto folder a few months ago. I appreciate hard use work knives, but I don t like the tanto. I ll definitely pass on a tanto point on my medium hard use PM2. Why mess with an already great all around edc?

Yes to tanto!
For most of my knife uses(card box, yard work etc.) tanto cuts as well as other blade shape. Love the aesthetic of the tanto, the stronger top couldn't hurt.

I'm sorry Eric, I hate the compression lock. I love the Lum grind. I'm torn for sure

R00l4dx.png

Back