Tanto PM2!!

If done correctly a tanto encompasses the best of all attributes of a good blade. The addition of a deep belly will make a great slicer, a long curve centerline drop point will make for great piercing and the intercecting edges will provide an excellent razor edge. No other design can incorporate all the right stuff. The spidey tanto doesn't look like it will be the one but it's pretty cool indeed. The tanto design to beat them all is pretty much this diskin.
http://imgur.com/Qa3d7I7

I’d be down if not for the spyder hole and hump - if that part was minimized greatly. Looks like the Bradley folder.

I have to say I’m warming up to this one now.

Last edited:
I’m in.
A PM2 like this will come in handy as a harder use job site folder.
Please offer this setup in Elmax with the foliage green scales!!

Last edited:
Come on with the Tanto PM2!!!i want (at least!) 3,one for the collection and the others to use!if at all possible a different steel than S30V.

Last edited:
I like the tanto blade pm2. I think it’s one I would be interested in buying. DLC with satin bevels would be neat.

Hmmmm. Very interesting. Not sure if I'd be in or not. I'd have to see.

But I'll say this, in my experience, there are two kinds of PM2's, ones that have their tips broken and ones that haven't yet. It may be just me. The tanto my solve that.

I like it!

I don’t own a PM2, but have been looking to add one to my Spyderco arsenal.

I love my ZT0620 tanto in Elmax and would love to see this tanto PM2 in a similar steel.:thumbsup:

I think it's a fine idea, though it's not something I personally have any interest in. Never been fanatical about tantos, though I do own some(several Cold Steel and Kershaw plus a CRKT with the more "true" Japanese tanto design that I favor over the American tanto) and have no problems with them. Just not really to my taste aesthetically.

I'm sorry Eric, I hate the compression lock. I love the Lum grind. I'm torn for sure

R00l4dx.png

The blade looks like a Kershaw Thermite with a hole. A hard pass for me.

If the blade looked more like the Hissatsu by CRKT

...and less like a Recon 1 with a compression lock...

I’d be all over it.

I just saw it at SHOT show along with a wharncliff version too. They have alot of prototype blades on display
I want to see the the wharncliffe version, was it curved on top like the Delica or angular like an XM-18?

Back