Tanto PM2!!

No tanto.

In fact you know this is trendy when spyderco says tantos don't sell when they make them that's why they don't have more... And a bunch of people jump at this.

Jade g10, m390 all the things, art knives that don't cut well, etc. These trends are crazy.

Knife market trends. Or hipsters.

But hey whatever, It doesn't affect me. I just find it annoying. I own 1 tanto... Never use it. It's basically useless to me.

kinda like it myself. I'd add one. like original better but its nicely done for a tanto, angle wise and such. looks good and I'm not really a fan of tantos in general.

Compound grinds are popular, you don’t sacrifice much the the recent Lum Tanto since it has a hollow grind with a bit of belly and a thick tip. If they added a bit of belly to the hollow grind I think I might own a few, it would cut well and still have a burly tip for piercing and scraping.

I want to see the the wharncliffe version, was it curved on top like the Delica or angular like an XM-18?
It was just like the Delica, essentially a scaled up version. I wasnt sure if I was allowed to take pictures but I wish I could share it. I was surprised they had everything out on display.

One for the collection but probably not a user but the wharncliffe on the other hand, I'd want at least two of those.

Just a stupid question. Can you use tanto style blade in the kitchen for food prep? And yes, I am using my regular PM2 for food everydammday, so it does matter to me a quite a lot.

Just a stupid question. Can you use tanto style blade in the kitchen for food prep? And yes, I am using my regular PM2 for food everydammday, so it does matter to me a quite a lot.

If you were camping or something and it was your only blade and you had to cut food then it will cut... otherwise I would stay away from tantos in the kitchen. There are much better options.

It was an early prototype sneak peek, and they have the new system where they don't reveal knives until they're within 3 months of release. I'd be patient.

As far as a PM2 Warnie? I'll buy one in a minute if it has a blade closer to the ZT 0392 WC as opposed to the Delica Warnie. This is purely an aesthetic thing with me, but aesthetics do play a part!

Back