Tanto PM2!!

I'll pray to the knife gods that it's not TOO exclusive of a blade HQ exclusive, and everyone who wants one will be able to get their hands on it.

i wonder how much it will weigh. i thought i was going to love the waved version...but the heft of it ended up turninng me off...just didn't feel like a spydie to me...

I was going to pick one of these up, had no idea there was so much excitement over this one. I'm not a big Spyderco fan, in fact this will only be my second Spyderco in my collection of 70 knives.

I was going to pick one of these up, had no idea there was so much excitement over this one. I'm not a big Spyderco fan, in fact this will only be my second Spyderco in my collection of 70 knives.
I think the excitement has been building for an awful long time. I hope Blade HQ has several truckloads of them ordered.

I don't know the rules around exclusives, but I wonder if this could shift to a regular production model. It would be nice if coated and satin blades in S30V were regular production models and Blade HQ did jade G10/M4 as an exclusive.

No issue with BHQ, but DLC on S30V doesn't even begin to get my attention. IMO, that's all about looks and that's definitely not what I care about.

Interesting but I think I will stick with my Cold Steel Tantos. I started buying Spyderco for the non tanto blades and their other unique designs.

Anyone think it will be possible to regrind these into a spanto blade, resulting in a spear point PM2 with a nice, strong tip?

Last edited:
Unless you dislike the wave, you could just get a waved PM2. They are basically what you described - the tip is very robust on it.
I do not like the wave. I do like the spanto blade on my Hinderer XM18 very much, and it doesn't look like it would take too much work on my Wicked Edge to convert the Tanto PM2:
OV0JVD3.jpg

nlLkMjG.jpg

Back