Tanto PM2!!

I was thinking about the concerns about the cost of these compared to the standard, flat grind PM2s, and it occurs to me that the grind on these Tantos is much more involved than the standard flat grind with the hollow grind on the primary and flat grinds on the secondary and wedge. Maybe that adds to cost of production?

I have one of these on the way, pretty darn expensive, but I have wanted a tanto PM2 for quite a few years now, it would be a shame not to have it in my collection.

At the time I'm posting 15 min after the drop, they are still available. Hopefully the run is large enough that everyone who wants in on it can snag one.

I grabbed one. I like this design. prefer without the dlc coating and a different steel, and a better price, but.......I was willing to trade off all of that dislikes for this blade shape, which I like.

Picked one up for the collection but I'm holding out for a different blade steel for a user.

Still available 46 minutes after the drop. This was seen pulling into Blade HQ this morning:
dHqwrhe.jpg

This knife looks really cool but I just can’t bite at over $200 after tax. I’ll probably regret not buying in the future but oh well.

Finally sold out.

2 hours to sell out isnt bad, especially considering they did virtually nothing to promote the knife except for a post on Instagram and Facebook.

Hopefully BladeHQ puts a video up on YouTube that includes more details about what's coming down the pipeline regarding the Tanto PM2.

Price seemed inflated to me, so i passed.

Spyderco really limited themselves allowing the Tanto as an exclusive. They would sell a lot more of them if it was a standard model.

On Instagram it says more coming. I don't think these will ever truly sell out. But just speculating since they don't share that kind of info.

As for the price, it’s totally justified considering the complexity of the grind vs the FFG clip point. Plus the coating....overall it’s like $26 more than the standard DLC model.

With that said, a near $200 PM2 is getting a little ridiculous. Spyderco likes bumping up those prices consistently

I grabbed one. I like this design. prefer without the dlc coating and a different steel, and a better price, but.......I was willing to trade off all of that dislikes for this blade shape, which I like.

The only reason why i wanted one was the tanto otherwise dlc and s30v is just ok.

Back