Tanto style blades, what's everyone's feelings?

Still liking tantos... :thumbup::p;):D

26297959042_bd00a736b4_z.jpg

26498470466_6c611bbfa3_z.jpg

26161481112_c7d6165ee5_z.jpg

26135297935_ae3111e781_z.jpg

24941091690_a8a75fbb0b_z.jpg

25087483025_e9ccc55d98_z.jpg

24984789354_56b5aab615_z.jpg

Last edited:
Only criticism is Tanto points are a pain to sharpen.Other than that they are good working blades.

I don't know why people have problems with sharpening the tanto :confused:

I don't have much experience with tantos, but I like my only tanto that I own, a Charlie Mike Street Samuri in 1084. A little big for edc but I do love the grinds.

I don't have much experience with tantos, but I like my only tanto that I own, a Charlie Mike Street Samuri in 1084. A little big for edc but I do love the grinds.

Cord wrap or G10?

Czechmate, nice edge on that 760LFTi! IS that convex? Been pondering doing that myself. On sharpening them; maybe the people who are having difficulty are using a guided system? I think they are pretty damn easy; sharpen one edge, sharpen the other.

No need to sharpen my tantos. They get sent back to get sharpened for free for life!

It was a cord wrap tanto. A lot of tantos I see have a straight profile but I do like how the primary edge has a gentle curve. I brought it off of you in Instagram

Hahaha! Wassup bro?

Nice to see you here!

Hahaha! Wassup bro?

Nice to see you here!

What's up CM, it's Tony from Instagram. I'm also on Bladeforum. I love all your knives, my most used knife is that palm dagger. Surprisingly, a double edge knife has some edc uses besides stabbing bad guys, I use it more as a package opener and just a general cutting tool around the home. I guess you could say that with a tanto blade too. Just because a blade style seems useless or has a limited use to one person doesn't mean it is for the same thing for another person.

48cb59af54ba9394d9eb05c3e6c08b9c.jpg
I feel tantos are easy to store In my new knife display can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like a chisel ground tanto. Not the easiest thing to sharpen in a wicked edge, edge pro, etc. But get a belt grinder or some bench stones and they're cake.

I just wish I could get a Protech CQC7 with the grind opposite the presentation side.

I like a chisel ground tanto. Not the easiest thing to sharpen in a wicked edge, edge pro, etc. But get a belt grinder or some bench stones and they're cake.

I just wish I could get a Protech CQC7 with the grind opposite the presentation side.

That's my favorite knife to make!

(this one is Ti)

I carried one for a few years. They aren't great in the woods, but not bad for the urban. The one folder I have I really don't like in use, though I do like my early fixed Master Tanto. I'm in no rush to buy into "tanto" styles again.

I like tantos for self defense. I don't use them for utility work but some here say they work very well. Scraping would be one such use.

Czechmate, nice edge on that 760LFTi! IS that convex? Been pondering doing that myself. On sharpening them; maybe the people who are having difficulty are using a guided system? I think they are pretty damn easy; sharpen one edge, sharpen the other.

Thanks and what you're seeing is the remnants of the old sharpening job blended with a new edge I did on my paper wheels... All buffed to make it look better LOL... :thumbup:

What a sweet blade that 760 is CM!!
I love mine.....just something about the machining and that monstrous slab of M4!!
4000eea890983cedd85f92e68fa4494f.jpg
a036ebfa2639394439df7dcd3de9d5fb.jpg

Back