Tanto tip

BellaBlades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I cannot find any photos of the 21 Tanto tip vs standard tip. Can somebody show some pics of the 21 Tanto and maybe the Inkosi Tanto as well?

What is your opinion if you carry one.

Thank you.

I cannot find any photos of the 21 Tanto tip vs standard tip. Can somebody show some pics of the 21 Tanto and maybe the Inkosi Tanto as well?

What is your opinion if you carry one.

Thank you.

There are some of both models listed in the exchange Pg. 1 at the moment

How about this?

I do carry one at times and it’s a small plain titanium with dual silver lugs. An excellent grind that’s a little tougher than the other two. The Inkosi version is even beefier but that straight edge is really useful on either.

Last edited:
@AJack , Wavicle Wavicle , P Peter Hartwig .

Thank you for the help.

I suppose the reason why I ask is ;

-I keep looking at my 21 loving the grind wishing the tip was thicker.

-Anytime I use ANY knife it's the two inches of blade toward the tip that get used the most.

I have always had a thing against the wharncliffe blade and I enjoy the drop point for use on things like food slicing occasionally . But toughness is #1.

I'm thinking about sending my WC 21 in for a Tanto blade or trading it for a Double Lug Tanto of some sort.

There you go. Having a moment on perfecting my search for owning only one CRK.

My WC 21 is there. But I'm torn when I think about a thicker tip. Then some will say use the correct tool for the job :)

Last edited:
@AJack , Wavicle Wavicle , P Peter Hartwig .

Thank you for the help.

I suppose the reason why I ask is ;

-I keep looking at my 21 loving the grind wishing the tip was thicker.

-Everytime I use the knife or dull the edge it's the 2 inches of blade leading to the tip.

I have always had a thing against the wharncliffe blade and I enjoy the drop point for use on things like food slicing occasionally . But toughness is #1.

I'm thinking about sending my WC 21 in for a Tanto blade or trading it for a Double Lug Tanto of some sort.

There you go. Having a moment on perfecting my search for owning only one CRK.

My WC 21 is there. But I'm torn when I think about a thicker tip. Then some will say use the correct tool for the job :)

Chances are you won't like the tanto. I've got a small tanto I'll send you if you want to try one out. It's the only tanto I've got that's right handed. No need to spend the extra money not really knowing.
Shoot me a PM with your mailing address.

Chances are you won't like the tanto. I've got a small tanto I'll send you if you want to try one out. It's the only tanto I've got that's right handed. No need to spend the extra money not really knowing.
Shoot me a PM with your mailing address.

That is awesome of you. I might just consider. It may be that I am over thinking it. Let's be real. I've never snapped a tip in my life and the drop point is so versital and the hollow grind gets even " more slicey" as you sharpen it.

I've known you for a while and I'm sure your spot on with how I would feel once obtaining a Tanto.

This isn’t quite what you’re looking for, but It’s what I’ve got at the moment.
If I get home early enough to have good ligting, I’ll try to post a side-by-side spine pic.
Of course they’re smalls, but maybe it will help.

I really like the small tanto for EDC.

Okay, I got the Canon out and a 100mm macro lens. Tanto is left, Drop Point on Right. These are small Sebenza's

40112248683_98bc11f155_b.jpg

40112247883_78521d0716_b.jpg

40112249543_b40c8a70e2_b.jpg

Looking almost straight on at the end of the blade with an f/22 aperture (and a manual focus challenge)
40112250353_9d55cda600_b.jpg

Last edited:
Any update? Which one did you go with? I've been considering a Zaan Tanto for the 1st time ever. Owned every model in a folder CRK makes except for an Umfann and the Tantos never appealed. Really liked the usefulness of the Insingo too but the slight upswept of the Tanto Zaan is really catching my eye and sometimes the regular w/ swedge gives off a mighty aggressive look. Wondering if the Tanto will pierce at least partly good as the regular drop point.

Any update? Which one did you go with? I've been considering a Zaan Tanto for the 1st time ever. Owned every model in a folder CRK makes except for an Umfann and the Tantos never appealed. Really liked the usefulness of the Insingo too but the slight upswept of the Tanto Zaan is really catching my eye and sometimes the regular w/ swedge gives off a mighty aggressive look. Wondering if the Tanto will pierce at least partly good as the regular drop point.

I'm still not sold on the tanto. I'm waiting for a Fatty XM 18 Spanto ATM.

My next venture will be back to CRK. Either a Zaan/ Inkosi. Tanto or Spearpoint.

Back