TAP Questions

Hey all,

I just received my new Evenheat kiln and I have a couple of questions.
1) Anyone know of an android version of the TAP mobile control app? If so, where do I get it?
2) I see that there is a software update for TAP. Do you usually wait X amount of days before installing it?

Thank you,
K Murphy

A Google search brought up this one.

I don't know anything about it though. So far it's the only Android one I could find.

I have updated the firmware on my Evenheat once or twice in the 1.5 years I've owned it. It makes me nervous, but I've never had any problems.

Yeah for some reason the android app stopped working about a year ago, it was horrible and always crashed on me. The apple version is not much better. It’s only working function is temps but the create/edit schedules skip steps, abort and other options are still listed as “coming soon”. Even this one function, temperature is has a lot of lag. The app has not been updated in over two years according to apple. Controller works great, and the $10 WiFi usb dongle is good to have to install updates.

My Apple app works great. Yeah it’s a little finicky but what it does is amazing. I can edit schedules on the fly. I can look at the temp and view the graph. I use it every day and am quite happy with it.

Back