Question Tapatalk

3fifty7

Gold Member
Can anyone use the forum via Tapatalk or is this no longer an option?
I get multiple prompts ending with contact site Mod. or Admin.

Tapatalk is down, Spark posted this in a thread earlier. He stated it was his last concern.

I for one hope that tapatalk functionality will be back. I like using the app while mobile and greatly appreciate the built in photo hosting capability and the ease of posting photos in general through the app.

Anyone else share this sentiment?

I for one hope that tapatalk functionality will be back. I like using the app while mobile and greatly appreciate the built in photo hosting capability and the ease of posting photos in general through the app.

Anyone else share this sentiment?

Have you tried posting pictures from you phone in the new site?

I have and it hasn't worked for me. I do not have a photo hosting app that I utilize regularly.

Should be able to hit the "upload a file" at the bottom of the editor and it'll let you pick a picture from your phone's library or even take a new pic.

It just asks for the image URL.

Tapatalk hosts the image itself and inserts the URL automatically.

I cannot discount the possibility of operator error, but I think I'm doing it correctly. There is just another step from when using Tapatalk.

It just asks for the image URL.

Tapatalk hosts the image itself and inserts the URL automatically.

I cannot discount the possibility of operator error, but I think I'm doing it correctly. There is just another step from when using Tapatalk.

Have you tried the 'upload a file' button that's near the 'post reply' button?

IMG_4480.jpg

I am a non paid member . . . that option is not available when I post.

Two options then:

1: buy a membership and support this awesome site ($10 a year is most reasonable)
2: use an image-hosting website from the outside to host your photos, and then use those image links as you see fit. I use imgur.com for my hosting, it's free and dependable and quite easy to use.

IMG_0176.JPG Trying to post a pic straight from my phone.

Seems to work after 2 attempts to rezize.
Still looking forward to Tapatalk becoming available again.

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring Potato cam... :D

Spark..please don't allow those annoying sigs from TT, Apple, Samsung and the rest.
Why should they get free advertising?

I hope Tapatalk will be working soon too, I use it during the day from my iPad. Right now I cannot login through Tapatalk at all.

Yeah, you aren't going to be able to log in via Tapatalk until / unless it's installed. That said, be sure to check out the various features and different forum styles as everything is pretty mobile friendly now

I always found Tapatalk to be awful. Only worked about 40% of the time. I just use the normal site on my mobile. It was hard on the eyes, but at least it worked.

Now with the upgrade it works great on mobile. So long Tapatalk!

In doing some research on Tapatalk and integration with Xenforo, imagine my surprise when I found this: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...droid-windows-phone-mobile-app-deleted.27837/

Long story short, multiple forum administrators brought up security concerns and questioned Tapatalk's practices. Tapatalk locked & deleted these from their site, and removed their plugin from Xenforo's add-on directories instead.

Yeah, fuck that. I wasn't particularly familiar with Tapatalk other than it offered mobile users a mobile friendly format back when vBulletin did not have a mobile skin. I didn't use it - I always used the desktop version. I was not aware that they were scraping all Bladeforums.com content and mirroring it on their servers, monetizing it, and diluting it by combining it with other forum sites. They actively discouraged user registrations, allowed spammers to come through, disabled 2 factor authentication, spammed members for their app, and a bevy of other questionable choices.

Now that we've moved to a genuinely responsive & mobile friendly site, it's doubtful that we will reenable Tapatalk. I understand that push notifications were an attractive feature; as soon as there is a reliable & trustworthy alternative I will purchase it and get it enabled.

Any chance of a true mobile app instead of Tapatalk? I really liked the app version, but completely understand why you are choosing not to let it continue. I think our own BF mobile app would be awesome!

Back