Question Tapatalk

After a few days of using the new site via iPhone I've found it to be one of the more well suited sites I visit. I do&will miss Tapatalk's auto sizing picture feature. Now I have to make attempts at cropping a pic to get it to fit, that will be a pain, unless there is something I'm missing.

I agree that the site works much better than the old version on my phone.

Regarding pics... I'm of two minds here. I love that we can upload pics directly to the forums. I had pretty much let my Photobucket account die anyway, and I now refuse to pay them yearly so I can have greater bandwidth and storage, such that all my pics show up. I'm going to migrate all those photos off at some point, or I may just leave them there and export/copy them elsewhere. Given that a lot of my pics are embedded in old threads that don't claim as much traffic anymore, maybe they'll continue to show up.

However, I agree that photo resizing is going to be a bit of a pain. I can't upload directly from my phone to BFC. The file is too big. So far, the easiest solution I've come up with involves emailing the pics to myself as "Large" or "Medium" attachments instead of "Full Size." If anyone has a better workaround, I'd love to hear it.

I agree that the site works much better than the old version on my phone.

Regarding pics... I'm of two minds here. I love that we can upload pics directly to the forums. I had pretty much let my Photobucket account die anyway, and I now refuse to pay them yearly so I can have greater bandwidth and storage, such that all my pics show up. I'm going to migrate all those photos off at some point, or I may just leave them there and export/copy them elsewhere. Given that a lot of my pics are embedded in old threads that don't claim as much traffic anymore, maybe they'll continue to show up.

However, I agree that photo resizing is going to be a bit of a pain. I can't upload directly from my phone to BFC. The file is too big. So far, the easiest solution I've come up with involves emailing the pics to myself as "Large" or "Medium" attachments instead of "Full Size." If anyone has a better workaround, I'd love to hear it.

Screenshots of images on my iPhone are small enough to be posted in full, so opening up a photo you want shared to fullscreen and then taking a screenshot should work as a workaround.

Edit: just did that with a photo that was too large in full, it worked.

IMG_4487.PNG

I am not able to pm or start new conversation either... is this because of my membership level?

Yes, it's a paid feature. You still have access to profile posts (previously called visitor messages)

I used TT for posting photos only from my phone.
To do it now photos must be re sized and then show up in thread as thumbnails.
I'm still working on that. For now, you can use a site like imgur and copy their share links.

I for one hope that tapatalk functionality will be back. I like using the app while mobile and greatly appreciate the built in photo hosting capability and the ease of posting photos in general through the app.

Anyone else share this sentiment?

Im with you.

Tapatalk its easy to use and the picture option better.

Just my opinion

Yep, worked pretty quick and easy. Clicked the "Upload a File", picked one from my photos on my iPhone and chose to insert the full image rather than the thumbnail. No error message that it needed to be resized. Pic I just took the other day so it's a pretty damn big file size too.

In a quote, I have noticed that a link will show, rather than the picture when it was uploaded directly. I suppose this saves on bandwidth.

Ahhh, I see that now. That's kind of nice since it gets old scrolling past the same pic when people seem to like quoting the pic for the 20 consecutive replies following the original post lol.

In doing some research on Tapatalk and integration with Xenforo, imagine my surprise when I found this: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...droid-windows-phone-mobile-app-deleted.27837/

Long story short, multiple forum administrators brought up security concerns and questioned Tapatalk's practices. Tapatalk locked & deleted these from their site, and removed their plugin from Xenforo's add-on directories instead.

Yeah, fuck that. I wasn't particularly familiar with Tapatalk other than it offered mobile users a mobile friendly format back when vBulletin did not have a mobile skin. I didn't use it - I always used the desktop version. I was not aware that they were scraping all Bladeforums.com content and mirroring it on their servers, monetizing it, and diluting it by combining it with other forum sites. They actively discouraged user registrations, allowed spammers to come through, disabled 2 factor authentication, spammed members for their app, and a bevy of other questionable choices.

Now that we've moved to a genuinely responsive & mobile friendly site, it's doubtful that we will reenable Tapatalk. I understand that push notifications were an attractive feature; as soon as there is a reliable & trustworthy alternative I will purchase it and get it enabled.

is there a way to get tapatalk to stop mirroring content they don't own?

I've already "unpublished" the site from there and told them to remove all content. We'll see what happens

As far as posting pics directly from my phone (and iPad) I also had the file too large message. I downloaded a free photo resizing app, and now no problems. I can resize old pics, as well as take new pics directly through the app. I set my pics at 50% through the app and they post every time. Since downloading that app (there's quite a few to choose from) I have uninstalled TT and haven't looked back. Hope this helps.

Dave

Good day everyone!

Just want to hear from people using Tapatalk if they are experiencing the same thing as I do. Whenever I try to use BladeForums on Tapatalk it keeps saying "There is a problem with BladeForums. Contact an admin or try again later. Code - 2209.

Hope any admin can shed light to the problem.

Thanks!

I don't use TT but it is no longer supported as of now. Go over to techsupport to see the discussion.

See post 19 from Spark

A mobile ap would definitely be nice. I haven't really been on BF at all since Tapatalk stopped being supported and I usually spend quite a bit of time on the site everyday.

Back