Tattos and City Gangs

Originally posted by solid_soldier
Or as a last resort, I can get a friend that I trust, a bottle of Jim Beam, and a razor blade and have him do you know what.

Most Reputable Parlors will not Tat drunks, if for no other reason, you end up tattooed in your own blood. Dulls vibrant colors. :D Alcohol acts as an anticoagulant. Not a good idea in any event. You'd bleed like stink.

Get it lasered off. Don't screw around with Jim or his brother Jack and a razor blade...

As Don said, most reputable tattoo artists will not work on you when you're drunk because alcohol also dehydrates you.
I don't know what MEPS is but I'm guessing you can't be tattooed because of what you stated. Try to find a good tattooist who may be able to match your flesh color and tattoo over it, though it may take more than once. The razor blade idea is not smart for a number of reasons. You'd have to get down fairly deep as tattoo ink sits beneath 3-5 layers of skin when done right, who knows how deep yours is, and then there is the cleanliness aspect. I hope you were just kidding about this, don't do it!

I'd like to qualify my previous posts above by pointing out that I said I respect them, which is not the same as admire. I can respect anyone who believes in something enough to give their all to it. But I decided long ago not to go the criminal route so I hope I didn't come off as if they were my heroes.

Dave

****, well... I guess it's to the parlor I go :(

Originally posted by lifter4Him
I'd like to qualify my previous posts above by pointing out that I said I respect them, which is not the same as admire. I can respect anyone who believes in something enough to give their all to it. But I decided long ago not to go the criminal route so I hope I didn't come off as if they were my heroes.

Dave

I was wondering about what you said but never dwelled on it because I know on this medium, sometimes far too many things are read into posts that are simply not there.

I don't know that I would even say "respect" is the word I would use if they are involved in a criminal enterprise that has victims. Violence, etc. But I do understand what you are saying.

down here in texas we have the bandidos MC and one of the 'officers' i guess ya would call him, lived down the street from me but we first met working out at the gym - he had some 'dido tats, etc but i dont THINK he had ever been to prison, actually a helluva nice guy, had the baddest harley i have ever seen and i've seen a few - street rods? try '66 chevy 11 w/big block, tons of stuff, great paint, etc and a '56 chevy nomad w/a 468 CI chevy and lots of stuff, looked like a showcar, might have been , and corvettes, custom trucks, a willys w/a blower, etc - he has some cool stuff for sure, has a legit job, wife is a 'dancer', but all in all a good honest guy imho - it is kinda different to interact w/him, i ran into him(and 4 other 'dido's) at a restaurant in my area while dining w/another couple(my neighbors lol), and he came up and talked,introduced me to his buds, etc - the other couple were like 'ya know that guy' etc - was kinda funny lol, i think they scared them - point being, ya cant always judge a book by its cover, at least some bikers if met under the right circumstances and they get to know, trust ya are really ok guys (yeah i know this sounds nutz) of course i never asked /he never mentioned anything about the 'didos other than just the basic things about the club, etc i respect him enuff not to stick my nose in his biz -

sifu

What I cantstand to see is a LEO with tattoos that look like prison work! I go out of my way to help and send them to my buddie to get their "work" fixed.

A "Crucified Skin" is symbolic of the death of a fellow Skin. Generally they are black and white, and indicate that the wearer is NOT a a racially motivated nimrod. It signifies how non-rascist Skins are "crucified" by both sides of the conflict. By the media and minorities for "being one of those Skinheads". And by the white power idiots for being "Race Traitors".

I ran across a little bit of the Skin subculture when I was living in Berlin. There's an elaborate color-coding thing w/ the bootlaces for example. Same for the ink, but I didn't know any of these guys well enough to ask about their work.

Skinhead colors and cues vary from place to place and over time. I've known a number of skinheads and ex-skinheads. The few I've known to have the crucifixion tattoo were racist skins.

At one time they ALL wore Oxblood steeltoe dr. martens (trademark skinhead weapon), I forget all the variations but red bootlaces meant you had killed a non-aryan. White laces used to mean something but I forget now. (memories formed in 1985-1993).

I dont think these have the same meaning now, except possibly among hardcore old-school skins, if they still exist.

Ahhhh, the laces game. Been a while since I've heard about that.
From the information that is available from Non-tabloid and non-police sources, the laces game as it is called has pretty much been a way to weed out posers. Most skins wear black laces cuz that is what comes with their boots, and new laces cost as much as beer at the bar, which is the most important matter to any skin regardless of their politics. As far as things being different in different places, you got that right. Regardless of their politics Skins tend to be a pretty nasty lot towards non-skins.

Well, I know a little about this from growing up working-class and working at several bars.
A crucified skin tattoo {skinhead nailed to a cross) is worn by every type of skinhead.You will find these on both bonehead(racist) and traditional skin(non-racist). Funny thing is is that the traditional crucified skin is always two-tone (black/white) and faceless(anyone/everyone).That would lead you to believe that only non-racist skins would get it tattooed on them but that is not the case. Lace color is an individual issue. Traditional skinheads (non-racist) will wear whatever color looks stylish and sharp, so generally this will tell you nothing about a skinhead.I was raised to be non-racist so I kept away from racist people. It was when I met a BLACK SKINHEAD (you read it right!) that I learned quite a bit of knowledge about the traditional skinhead(non-racist) subculture. If there are any specific question I will try and help answer them about this subject.

I remember when I was back in high school that the anti-racist skins were called SHARPs. Skin Heads Against Racial Prejudice. And, the shoelace thing was generally for the posers. I saw more black guys wearing the red laces than racist skins. A few years ago somebody wrote in to PC Gamer magazine indignant because Laura Croft, (Tombraider, for the Game/Movie illiterate), was wearing white shoelaces with her hiking boots. The editors laughed at the guy and said that they didn't think Laura was really into that.

Originally posted by solid_soldier
Are their other ways to take care of this problem? So far, I'm thinking a tattoo place can ink over the whole deal in a birthmark colored ink./? Or as a last resort, I can get a friend that I trust, a bottle of Jim Beam, and a razor blade and have him do you know what.

Hey, don't use the razor blade (or any knife of your choosing for that matter) to remove your tattoo. You're going to have to cut deep, very deep... the ink from a tattoo needle pierces through to the first lipid (fat) layer. It's not a scar that easily heals, and honestly what you will be doing will be nothing short of scarrification, you'll end up with a scar in the shape of the tattoo (or if your buddy has been hanging out with "Jim" too much, whatever shape he chooses!),
You could get it covered up in flesh color, but only if the original tattoo is in a light color to begin with. Black and red ink can only be covered up with a darker color, which usually just translates to black and red ink.
If you need it off, cough up the money for the laser procedure, the scar will be a lot less noticeable than the ole home remedy. And when you go through it, do everything you can to make sure the skin heals right. I've gone through a lot of ink (arms, back, legs, head...and i love them all) and a big branding on my leg. Friends of mine do piercings, brandings, scars, and implants... and they've always said if the goal is to minimize the scar, then let it heal... if you want the scar there prominently (like in a branding) then don't aid the healing process.

Back