Team Gemini Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will always be a crowd favorite, you can go with the crowd, or you can go your own way. That is one of the cool things about collecting shit. If it does not strike your fancy, don't collect any. If it does build a set. Or you could just keep a few to use. Different strokes for different folks, this is a hobby and hobbies are for fun.

hydeinmind hydeinmind , that's quite a collection you have there! Which is you favorite variant and why? Also, what's the super long one?

Thank you sir! The ones that get the most love are my TGLBs and 1 of the TG14 (the satin 2 on the left) next to the long one which is the TGP in SR-101 only...for now.;)

As I understand it, the P stands for Paul, the taller of Jerrys twins. Inversely the smaller shorter ones are TGMs. I believe the M is for Madie the smaller of Jerrys Gemini Twins! But don't quote me on it.:)

For me, firstly, it is pure aesthetics. Best looking knife I have ever seen. After that, I know I could never hurt the thing. Tglb owner btw.

IMO: the TGLB is where it's at. Once I held one, I got it! ;) Nothing quite like it w the double talon guards and mild out tang, it's so light for its size, fits my hand like a glove, and of course it's infi!

IMO: it's an all round one size fits all user. I carry one in my camping/go bag. Some guys prefer something else. The ASH1 is popular. ASH2 I love it! B8LE I love it! But if I only have weight or room for one fixed, for me, for now, it's the tglb. However, it's a little thick behind the grind for slicing and it could POSSIBLY be improved by being thinner/anorexic and of course satin!;)

Just my 2cents:) I'm sure everyone is surprised lol.:D:p

I can definitely see how a thinner stock in this design would hold more appeal for me.

I'm not sure I have seen all the variations- like Flar has that recurve blade, what's with that one? Did it have a specific name? and Hyde, no Crusader?

PS, if you were using the right color tractors you'd have a better collection :p

Flars recurve from extrabaconplz is one I do not have as I'm not a recurve fan though I must admit he has it looking so sweet all satiny mmm! And no sir no Crusader...yet lol;)

And bro I'm not completely bias. I got some green love. Look what I just bought....GREEN Brent 1282 to match my red one! ;):p

IMG_3610.PNG

Ment to pm these to you but I just haven't found the time as I'm so busy lately doing this....

IMG_3619.PNG
IMG_3618.PNG

And just to keep it on topic ;)

IMG_3614.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_3611.PNG
    IMG_3611.PNG
    391.8 KB · Views: 3
Guess I’m one of the few that absolutely do NOT like this knife.

Disclaimer: the only thing I like is the blade itself. I also ordered it the first time it came out. Got the knife and just as quickly sold it on the exchange after being throughly disgusted by the design.

The rest of the knife which is the handle and the hilt with that ridiculous metal pointing out from both sides prevented me from feeling like I could fully use the knife including that groove thingie on the blade itself. I have a smallish hand as a lady and this is by no mean a female friendly knife. It’s for big handed men. It’s not friendly towards my finger placement, forcing it to stretch beyond comfort to reach the groove on the blade just so I can do finer tasks with it, all because of that silly metal hilt guard thingie that gets in the way.

Second, I wish that Busse gave a more smooth handle instead of it being beefy and bumpy in 3 spots.

And lastly, no, I don’t feel like I need to or should jump through hoops just to “fix” the knife to my satisfaction, not when Busse has made many other knives that were far superior handle/hilt design. In my opinion, the hilt/handle design should have never left the drawing board in first place.

Nice cart! I handle Brent too, sold 1 or 2 of those but we're mostly 882 size here - We're just starting to cut beans this week. Temps in the 90's for a few days. Keep them rotors blown off!

And I really like Flar's recurve. I'll see, that Burp is curved so I'll get my first taste of one soon.
Be safe out there!

Disclaimer: the only thing I like is the blade itself. I also ordered it the first time it came out. Got the knife and just as quickly sold it on the exchange after being throughly disgusted by the design.

The rest of the knife which is the handle and the hilt with that ridiculous metal pointing out from both sides prevented me from feeling like I could fully use the knife including that groove thingie on the blade itself. I have a smallish hand as a lady and this is by no mean a female friendly knife. It’s for big handed men. It’s not friendly towards my finger placement, forcing it to stretch beyond comfort to reach the groove on the blade just so I can do finer tasks with it, all because of that silly metal hilt guard thingie that gets in the way.

Second, I wish that Busse gave a more smooth handle instead of it being beefy and bumpy in 3 spots.

And lastly, no, I don’t feel like I need to or should jump through hoops just to “fix” the knife to my satisfaction, not when Busse has made many other knives that were far superior handle/hilt design. In my opinion, the hilt/handle design should have never left the drawing board in first place.
On your last point, then it wouldn't be so popular ;). No need to be disgusted by a knife, it is just a knife and clearly not for you. Different strokes and what not....

Crosier, I have feelings similar to yours. I have had a few . Sold most.Never had an original. It's a cool knife. Have nothing bad to say about it. I am surprised about how many enthusiasts Lust them and will pay what I think is crazy money for them. But I'm sure some would say the same about some other Busse that I have bought over the years.
I'm thinking it was a popular knife from the start , once on TWD it went galactic! If someone wants to give me a good deal on an original I would try it out.:)

Thanks for the feedback.

i like how they look but i cant find a real use for them lol.

i dont fantasize about stabbing zombies in the head all day so it being an actual fighting knife doesnt do much for me.

top fingerguard screws with my ability to use the choil for small work.

its not my best chopper being lightweight and medium sized.

they look really cool though so ill always have at least one.

And I like these kinds of discussion for all points of view- I pick little things out of all of them. Someone posted a link earlier here on an old discussion and same thing, lot's of views- that's the good stuff. For me, I really have no daily applicable use that justify even one of these knives, but better to have and not need than the other` :thumbsup:

There will always be a crowd favorite, you can go with the crowd, or you can go your own way. That is one of the cool things about collecting shit. If it does not strike your fancy, don't collect any. If it does build a set. Or you could just keep a few to use. Different strokes for different folks, this is a hobby and hobbies are for fun.

The B8 and B8LE are the crowd favorites. Or didn't you see the thread w 10.5k+ posts? IMHO the B8LE beasts the TGLB in pure sliceyness and in satiny goodness. But if I could only ever use one, it be the TG as I think it would hold up better over prolonged hard use time. Just my opinion....current testing in progress;)

It's one of those knives that just feel right from the second you pick it up, and the profile is just pissed off looking, see hyde's 2nd to last pic on page 1 wheres he's holding it. But from a USER standpoint Swamp rat's are pretty good, and the busse fusion series like FSH or FBM which sink into the chop like no other.

Don't like alot of the busse models myself examples: the Mofo , Mojo , Hellrazer , Muk , Pork Chop , Ergo's etc. but some of them TGLB included are just perfection.

When the Team Gemini came out I just really did not like the style with the double guard. Then I managed to go to Blade 2012 and fondled one. Decided that I did in fact like it and picked up a Competition Finish TGLB, in a Ganza . It is now one of my favorites, and ordered a A2 version to compliment it.

On your last point, then it wouldn't be so popular ;). No need to be disgusted by a knife, it is just a knife and clearly not for you. Different strokes and what not....

Ever stop to think that maybe if they improved the design and make the choil a lot more accessible, that it will be even more popular than it is now? I still stand by it: It should’ve stayed on the drawing board.

Also, most of the popularity of this particular knife comes from the name. The name is what makes any design flaws more forgiving. Just in this case, even the name couldn’t save itself from its own design flaws.

I felt the same way about the TG and have always passed on it till the TGA2 came out...I've heard and seen so much about it I couldn't pass it up again..I ordered the Black/black. Psyched to see what it's all about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back