Team Gemini Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I like the TGLB, I welcome opposing viewpoints. Jerry and his crew hit a very high percentage in great knives, but not every model will please 100% of the people. Remember, a pro baseball player is considered successful with a batting average over .300. Jerry hits much better than that.

Last edited:
I think they are big chunks of beautiful beefy goodness :D As I've been searching the forums, and sites, it is actually one that has drawn my eye on numerous occasions. I believe I am in the crowd that likes them. I have also never seen whatever TV show it was in, I just saw it and was drawn to it by pure asthetics.

Wow, you walked right in to that one lol looking at these huge posts lol
But i see exactly where U coming from, i been there (still kicking my self for mot getting few off the website for $387) but since than i had TGLB, TG, TG14 and few TGMs, and still got TG14 and TGM. My advice is lije others said, BUY ONE (or 3) if it doesnt speak to you, its probably the easiest blade to sell. Assuming you dont get it from Fleabay for $1K+ lol
Good luck

Ever stop to think that maybe if they improved the design and make the choil a lot more accessible, that it will be even more popular than it is now? I still stand by it: It should’ve stayed on the drawing board.

Also, most of the popularity of this particular knife comes from the name. The name is what makes any design flaws more forgiving. Just in this case, even the name couldn’t save itself from its own design flaws.
Nope. If i wanted a different design I would buy one, and have. Lots of options. If you cant find a busse or kin in this size to fit what you like in design then you aren't looking. Why make this design something it isn't? Cheers!

Nope. If i wanted a different design I would buy one, and have. Lots of options. If you cant find a busse or kin in this size to fit what you like in design then you aren't looking. Why make this design something it isn't? Cheers!

Oh I’ve been looking. Looked for many years and I have eyes on a few at the moment. Even have a Dog soldier ready for shipping (just checked) that has similar blade design.

And why make this design something it isn’t? Because it has a design that isn’t friendly and has been mentioned often for quite a while. Some folks even went so far as to correct said design flaws which is why I specifically said I do not want to jump though such hoops just so I could use that particular blade style. I’m also very sure to win this bet: I bet that there were a lot of design already trashed into the trashbin. Again, this one should have stayed on the drawing board.

Also, if we were to follow your “Why make this design something it isn’t” to heart, many cars and trucks and smart phone devices, etc would have never evolved very far if they sticked to such rigorous mindset. I personally rather be open for a re-design to make something even better than it is today because the Blade style deserves a more practical handle and hilt.

So with that being said, I bet that if Busse company kept it on the drawing board and figured out a better way to have the choil be accessible, it will be even more popular than it is now.

But since it’s a Busse knife, it’s far more forgiving because of it’s brand name. Just that real life is less forgiving and it is an impractical design (just like some other folks in this thread has even mentioned).

“Cheers!”
~LadyEarth

Busse is like Porsche they rarely change anything. might be a few minor cosmetic changes here and there but rarely any "new models" and they're doing quite well because their designs just work.

As a combat vet that carried a Kabar I can tell you that the TGLB is probably the ultimate combat / survival knife in a single package. I bought an a2 model but I am still searchin for 2 in INFI... 1 as a safe queen and another as a user.

I'm not sure I have seen all the variations- like Flar has that recurve blade, what's with that one? Did it have a specific name? and Hyde, no Crusader?

PS, if you were using the right color tractors you'd have a better collection :p

My tglb with the recurve blade is a prototype. Thanks to EBP my brother from down under. :)

Last edited:
I have absolutely no problem with the choil and top gaurd. Instead of going over the top adjust your thumb slightly to the side easy problem solved.

Ever stop to think that maybe if they improved the design and make the choil a lot more accessible, that it will be even more popular than it is now? I still stand by it: It should’ve stayed on the drawing board.

Also, most of the popularity of this particular knife comes from the name. The name is what makes any design flaws more forgiving. Just in this case, even the name couldn’t save itself from its own design flaws.

No one knife can fit every hand, see above post. And maybe try a tgm. My mother luvs hers! !:D

Also a TGLB hater. Had couple, never the original. Make a 3/16" TG blah blah without a fuller and clip point, I'd be in. There are some thick ass knives that can still slice/stab well, ASH 1's .25" and under for example, but have had two tglbs and without taking off alot of steel to thin out edge/tip and up, it wouldn't satisfy my needs in a knife. INFI or SR101 blah blah should be able to handle anything at 3/16, unless your doing something retarded. Don't get the super thickness/grinds on many, makes the knives borderline useless. Will never buy a Busse with a fuller again either, unless real thin. I'm picky.:p With the variety in Busse , everybody gets what they want, and that's awesome, haven't had a TG wanted to keep tho. Know it's gotta be hard to come up with "new" models cause there is only so much you can do with knives that haven't been done before blah blah, but hoping for some new ones. If a TG at 3/16" cokes along, I will bite, HARD!

Also a TGLB hater. Had couple, never the original. Make a 3/16" TG blah blah without a fuller and clip point, I'd be in. There are some thick ass knives that can still slice/stab well, ASH 1's .25" and under for example, but have had two tglbs and without taking off alot of steel to thin out edge/tip and up, it wouldn't satisfy my needs in a knife. INFI or SR101 blah blah should be able to handle anything at 3/16, unless your doing something retarded. Don't get the super thickness/grinds on many, makes the knives borderline useless. Will never buy a Busse with a fuller again either, unless real thin. I'm picky.:p With the variety in Busse , everybody gets what they want, and that's awesome, haven't had a TG wanted to keep tho. Know it's gotta be hard to come up with "new" models cause there is only so much you can do with knives that haven't been done before blah blah, but hoping for some new ones. If a TG at 3/16" cokes along, I will bite, HARD!

+1 I wouldn't mind owning a Thin-Gemini-Light-Brigade as well.

Truly spoken after my own heart gents! I'd love to see a thinner/Anorexic TG. The ATGLB...LE of course for slicyness!;)

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/a-riddle-for-atglble-tglble.1519110/

Busse is like Porsche they rarely change anything. might be a few minor cosmetic changes here and there but rarely any "new models" and they're doing quite well because their designs just work.

The design does not work. Even the Porsche has to come up with new design to address issues over the years they have been making cars or otherwise the porches will have NEVER gotten to the point where they let in computers, let in new safety systems, let in new engine designs, etc etc. So your point is a bad one, sorry.

The hilt with the two metal bumps on each side while blocking the choil is like putting a bumper in front of the gas and brake pedals instead of being designed better via putting the bumper in front of the car and out of the way of the gas/brake pedals.

The TGLB is light enough, short enough, etc to have the need of the choil for more delicated tasks and it clearly does not need the hilts to be in the way. It’s like giving the Busse Cub knife a D guard; it is just bad impractical design that serves no point being on the TGLB. Yes, it looks awesome! Especially on the Walking Dead. But thats it. No other functions.

The TGLB is light enough, short enough, etc to have the need of the choil for more delicated tasks and it clearly does not need the hilts to be in the way. It’s like giving the Busse Cub knife a D guard; it is just bad impractical design that serves no point being on the TGLB. Yes, it looks awesome! Especially on the Walking Dead. But thats it. No other functions.[/QUOTE]

Yea we get it, ad nauseam, you don't like it. Lot of folks do. Different strokes for different folks. Please forgive me I'm drinking tequila.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back