Team Gemini Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like it was designed for combat not utility. E.g. stabbing, not chopping. It's obviously not designed specifically for wood work, so any criticisms of it based on it's lack of ability in those areas are probably missing the mark.

Having stabbed a few pigs with my TGLB, I can say the double guard helps to stop your hand sliding forward; you have to push hard with a blade that thick, and the pig is wriggling and you're moving around a bit, and there's a chance of your hand slipping onto the blade.

oNTOZPD.png

The fuller also helps with a quick kill or so I've been told (I haven't done this enough to know myself). The heart is inside a lot of liquid and pressure from other organs and when you puncture it, it 'self-seals' and slows the process of bleeding out. The fuller introduces a pocket of air into the heart and kills it instantly. This is good for the pig, and good for you and the dogs.

If you are buying a knife for other uses of course you would buy a model designed specifically for those uses, you wouldn't buy a TG and then complain it doesn't do what you wanted.

But a TGLB is a beautiful knife, feels amazing in hand, and is great at what it actually does! Also, it can do the other things at a pinch which is handy when you don't want to carry two knives.

I should have read the whole thread before posting, because I basically repeated most of your points. Anyway, right on!

Thank you for providing me more evidences of my points.

You flip floppped between treating the TGLB as a heavy duty knife that does not do finer tasks based on #3 of your statement because if you actually used it for finer tasks, your fingers and thumbs would have cease using the knife to give your fingers/thumb a break from the unweilding pressure from the hilt. If you have actually used it for 7 years, you would have observed the issues upon your fingers/thumbs after whittling for more than 15 minutes to an hour or even more. But hey! By agreeing with me, you would actually feel like you’re belittling your TGLB so it’s better to deny it, right? :thumbsup:

And #1, your “thumb at rest” is just that, at rest. But the real test is when it has to try and control the blade from the spine with the hilt prodding into the side of your thumb. It will no longer feel at rest but feel bothered due to the unnatural placement of the hilt.

#2 is irreverent to this thread. But then again....if this knife was made for the Walking Dead, then that explains even more the Mall Ninja design and why it wont be changed out; it was purely for theater purpose. That also further proves that it should’ve stayed on the design board because this is not a practical design by Busse standard or rather stay in the tv show The Walking Dead.

If you would like to assume things about my experience vs Mr Busse, then go on ahead; seems subjectivity with embellishments added in for extra measure is you prefer cup of tea while I rather operate with objectivity when looking at the design of things around me. I still stand by my observation and yes, I had personal hands on experience with the TGLB as well as my Husband and his outdoor friends. They all came to the same conclusion as me and others in this thread.

But hey! It’s a Busse knife, we dare not say a negative feedback regarding anything of the Busse Brand; It’s blasphemy and sinful! :rolleyes:

P.s. Thank you for your original pictures: it helped me illustrate the very design flaw in such a clear crisp fashion, even tho it was not your intention to help me out. (Don’t worry, I wont tell anyone that you helped me against the Busse TGLB knife) ;)

The knife in my pix is not a TGLB, it is an original TG, and with that said I will happily admit that the orginal TG isn't for finer work, it is a convex ground, v-edged chunky workhorse. The TGLB is a hollow ground convex edged version, and can handle a wider range of finer tasks better.
This knife was NOT made for TWD. Think my point was that it pre-dates the show...It wasn't named in relation to it either.

So here's the short version of my reply: I like this model. You seem to not like it. Fantastic. However, I don't have to admit to things that aren't accurate with me. We apparently see different things in my images... Again, fantastic. You see what you want, I'll remember how it feels. :)
Have a knife day. :)

Lady & Crosier

It is apparent that you do not like the TG family and we all know that every Busse deserves a loving home. So I offer to take any and all of your unloved TG'S off your hands at a fair market value.

Then stop whining and move on. Myself and others have no issues with using the choil to do more delicate work and the knife is strong enough for the tougher jobs. It is a very fast fighting knife forward or reverse grip. So just find the ONE that suits you.

I'm done feeding the troll. :rolleyes:

As the OP I ask that you refrain from mucking up my thread with low quality shitposts that probably belong in Whine and Cheese.

Classic troll tactic, make a troll post then accuse others of trolling.

Are you unable to debate Lady on the merits of her arguments? She has not come across as whiny, and whether you agree with her or not, has probably articulated her arguments better than anyone on either side of the debate.

As the OP I ask that you refrain from mucking up my thread with low quality shitposts that probably belong in Whine and Cheese.

Classic troll tactic, make a troll post then accuse others of trolling.

Are you unable to debate Lady on the merits of her arguments? She has not come across as whiny, and whether you agree with her or not, has probably articulated her arguments better than anyone on either side of the debate.

His observation was that she doesn't seem to like the TG design, that would be accurate as she has called the TG design "flawed." Nothing to debate. He wasn't trolling, he's a well known/respected contributor here.

OP, I would encourage you to close the thread as it appears you have all the information you need. Prodding someone to debate with someone else, it just isn't needed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back