1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 15, 2019.

1. David Lennon

David Lennon Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Understood, just for a while orders and dings for payment were happening within days of each other, which is either good or bad depending on your finances at the time.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    lmcq784 and fkctrjt121 like this.
  2. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Yeah. I actually miss the long lead times that we had during the first O2W run.

ipal, duramax, luethge and 1 other person like this.
  3. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    It's pretty great. Not to get ahead of myself, but I think I picked my colors for the TGULB and when it comes in I'll post a pic of all three together. I somehow resisted the Forsaken, but I would be kicking myself if I missed this one. Just when you think something can't be improved!

Also, does anyone have an idea what standard canvas scales would weigh for the TG?

JACKMANDU likes this.
  4. Iliveocean

Iliveocean Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2019
    No satin :( I guess I’ll settle for comp.

ScoMa likes this.
  5. Amy-0

Amy-0 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mar 8, 2006
    Take a deep breath and RELAX. The TGULB will not be not available able to order till Wednesday September 25th at 9:00 pm EST. :)

OKAY, You ALL can freak out NOW cause OMG it is so cool. Feels great in the hands (I love the changes) and on a personal note (OMG):)

That is all HAHAHA.
    XOXO
    Amy-0

6. extrastout

extrastout Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Drinking already

sixplymaple likes this.
  7. ruff111

ruff111

Mar 12, 2012
    Anyone know how durable hammered silver is compared to the black coating. I was able to resist the other brigades but dont think I can pass on this one

8. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    If these somehow stay on the website as long as those FFG Infimandu's did, half of this forum will be broke for the rest of the year lol.

nydude likes this.
  9. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Just a guess, but I'd say ~1-1.5oz. If the average canvas micarta TGLB weighs ~16oz (based on a few search results, they vary) and the TGULB is ~20% lighter, you get 12.8oz. Then Jerry said without scales the proto was 11.8oz.

Weighed my coated DS8 and it came in right at 12.6oz, which is interesting. The TGULB should have better weight distribution though. :)

nydude likes this.
  10. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Definitely getting canvas micarta. Probably maroon, but the black sometimes calls me.
    It probably depends on whether I go BIG DC, or decide to absorb the extra $30 to get CF.
    Thinking if it is CF, then maroon. If BIG DC, then black. Or maroon..... :rolleyes:

11. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I'm getting pretty excited about this one. Just weighed my BGTG and my REK'ed TGLB and they were 18.6 oz and 15.2 oz. The REK'ed TGLB feels much lighter than the BGTG so if the TGULB is another 3 oz lighter it's going to feel amazing.

20190921_202131.jpg

12. nydude

Jun 10, 2009
    Soooo excited for this.

My OGTG weighs in at 20oz and my TGLB weighs in at 16oz. If the TGULB gets even close to 12oz!! it would be an incredible feat of engineering.

again soooo excited!

lmcq784 likes this.
  13. nydude

Jun 10, 2009
    Going to buy this, beat on it, love it, then start a ULB Ruck thread!!

lmcq784, duramax and BeastClaw like this.
  14. Cheesehead_Slasher

Cheesehead_Slasher

Apr 21, 2016
    I have been a fan of the TGLB for quite some time now. I initially bought there and ended up selling two off. I didn't realize the one I sold that was tanker grey and blue/black G-10 was about 3oz. lighter than the black with orange/black G-10 i kept. I regretted selling it due to the lighter weight and "slicer" blade profile from being a bit thinner. I bought the Flak Jack due to the thin blade profile to fill the void left from selling the TGLB. Now that the TGULB is coming I am stoked. This is what I've been waiting for :)

I think I'll be in for a CF with Black canvas. I don't foresee splurging on the G-10. Although, I would like the black & blue handles.

15. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    In for sure...Competition Finish, of course :cool:.

Thanks a million for rolling CF back into the lineup Jerry! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

But this time I'm gonna switch things up a little and forgo my usual black or maroon canvas handles and go with some green canvas Micarta :) ...

The Team Gemini models always remind me of iconic WWII American gear, so IMHO some OD will compliment that theme :thumbsup: ...

16. fromABACUStoPC

fromABACUStoPC

Dec 15, 2009
    I wish they could bring back tigerhide micarta, to me it's the most beautiful micarta handle especially when hand finished

17. nomanyeti

nomanyeti

Nov 28, 2017
    Paper, Linen, or Canvas? I'd like to see all three.

18. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Sooooooo conflicted on choices o_Oo_Oo_O Lol

I keep trying to wrap my head around .200 thick !!! Should be an awesome blade :)

mpjustin, fkctrjt121 and David Lennon like this.
  19. argyle1812

argyle1812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2016
    As much as I love this I really wish there was an SR101 option...

Crosier, duramax and Ulf Krogstad like this.
  20. rothnroll

rothnroll Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 6, 2019
    I am torn between Green Canvas (Included) and Green/Black G-10 +$80.00. Does anyone have a comparison picture of both?