Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 15, 2019.

1. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie

Sep 20, 2016
    I used to be a 100% G10 guy, until I got a taste of the OP2WP2 micarta. If youre hesitating on the G10 upcharge, skip it, you won't miss it. Looks just as good, and grippier. Im a sucker for the green mic, it makes for a fine infi sandwich.

2. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr

Jun 23, 2014
    Yeah I was going to go with tan G-10, I think I'll do a green or black Micarta and DC.

fbusmc likes this.
  3. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr

Jun 23, 2014
    And I got my order in, green canvas and DC .

fbusmc likes this.
  4. ruff111

ruff111

Mar 12, 2012
    Got cf green micarta

Leonardo63 and PeteyTwoPointOne like this.
  5. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015

She’s a beauty! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry you have to sell her, but I hope the tgulb is satisfying as well! ;)

6. Briandt3

Briandt3 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Thanks brother, if I only had the 1 TG14 from the C.S. I would definitely be holding on to it. But yes, the TGULB is something I look forward to for that knife satisfaction most of us enjoy or can understand :)

hydeinmind likes this.
  7. 360joules

360joules Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2013
    That dc with bnt g10 is tempting

8. ScoMa

ScoMa Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2017
    “What’s the problem? We talked about this, Honey. You agreed that I would get 2 of each style.”

lmcq784, duramax and hydeinmind like this.
  9. extrastout

extrastout Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Seems mostly marketing on this forum, make a cool name but do not further explain. Guess you have to call them. It's just about the structure of the blade that greatly effects strength and performance no biggie

10. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Hey Dude, Outside of the evolution of the terminology I think the techniques used to make the TGLB are well documented and I believe this is the same knife except at .20 instead of .25 and with a slightly contoured fuller. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone from the shop can jump in, but if you like the knife, I wouldn't let the language stop you from buying it. After being here a while I just don't think Jerry is going to put something out that can't handle a beating. Also, I beat on and baton my TGLB and Skinny ASH, which is .187, without issue, and if you do really manage to damage it doing something normal, A) I'm sure the whole knife won't fail and B) The shop will take care of you. Just my 2 cents. Rock on.

TommyGun56 likes this.
  11. Iliveocean

Iliveocean Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2019
    I doubt they'd slap a lifetime warranty on it if the steel couldn’t back it up. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  12. extrastout

Mar 10, 2013
    Ok..well I always like to know what I'm buying with my limited funds. This is a different version from what I see. Maybe you can afford 5 of these, but I'm scraping for the 1 I ordered. Most seem to get these knives as a novelty and for the cool color combos. I kinda want to use it and appreciate what is involved with the tool. I tend to use a BLADE on a knife and when I'm paying over 400... and I'm on a BLADE forum it would be neat to know about my blade....or at least clarification on what is advertised

Thanks Dude
    Bill

13. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie

Sep 20, 2016
    Busse typically don't overintroduce their blades. I am 100% certain they could boost sales if they did, but thats just not how they operate. I am positive that if they put more color combos in the original post, some angled shots, spines, fullers, hollows, theyd generate more interest.

I think I understand why they dont though, I tink they want to save that impression for the unboxing. It seems to work, as every knife I ever ordered was far better and more awesome in person than on the site.

Apocalyps, phod330 and extrastout like this.
  14. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Hey Bill, Totally get it. Also, I'm only getting one as well, and it will definitely get used. At least for me it's not a novelty, but it is an indulgence, one of the few things I really splurge on, and have put together a nice little collection of users over many years. Whatever you decide on this model, I'm sure you'll get one and enjoy it eventually, and we can swap stories then!

lmcq784, phod330 and extrastout like this.
  15. extrastout

Mar 10, 2013
    I feel this:thumbsup:

16. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    Well...if you took the time to read Jerry's FIRST post with his Humorous Opening he explains what you are going to receive...He has a full break down of "Specs" he explains the weight reduction, listed all options for Blade coatings, Handle Options, Pricing along with Photos of 3 really nice Selection choices....When you ask a Person what time it is do you really expect them to explain how the watch was made??? I have yet to have a Busse blade fail under heavy abuse, AND if for any reason it did fail I know the Steps to take for Warranty...:thumbsup::cool:

17. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Busse knife names are cool?
    They always struck me as ... I dunno … something else.
    Endearingly dorky, maybe?

ipal, ScoMa and UNRL Ghandi like this.
  18. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    As for the blade and strength~ I can remember as a pup reading comments where some not so Busse oriented guys complained that Busse's were overbuilt and didn't always need to be so thick and heavy. Also they were thick behind the edge because they were too thick to begin with and comments like that. But where they missed the point was, Busse is just Busse and they do what they do because it's a proven formula whatever alcohol content it happens to be that day. Must be a formula that works, last time I saw Jerry I could swear his flip flops were almost new :D ~ Getting a good blade Stout! and I doubt there would be a shortage of takers if it just happened to not be your thing, and it happens. I've got over the moon excited about things and took me 5 seconds to announce "bye babe! Have a nice life with someone who will love you cause it aint me" HAHA! ~ So, I don't have any doubts this one will be one of the most "popular" babes to come along.

duramax likes this.
  19. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    When I buy 5+ at a time of a particular model it's because the knife model is so good that I want my whole crew to have one. I have two brothers, a buddy, and a niece and nephew who can't afford to buy Busse and I know these knives are going to last longer than we are but their availability won't. Along with a good camp knife like the ASH 2, the TG (in whatever variant) is a must have in my opinion and for those who can only afford to own one Busse the TGULB should be the one (again in my opinion). How my order is getting disbursed:

2 CF blk mic (niece and buddy)
    1 CF blk g10 (brother 1)
    1 CG blk on blk g10 (nephew)
    1 CG blk on blk/red g10 (brother 2)
    1 CG blk on blk/org g10 (me)

My wife and I are fostering two boys (brothers ages 3 and 4) so I'm thinking about getting a couple extra in case we end up adopting them so they each have one when they get older 'cause they ain't getting mine! :) The color combos listed above are in line with what I've gotten for each of them on other Busse I've gifted them in the past. Lucky fools.

David Lennon, dogboye, CataD and 8 others like this.
  20. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Went for one in forest green/black canvas. It's good to be back in the game, first new order from the shop since the DS8 for me.

While I'm in the camp that generally prefers flat grinds, I'm not worried about the strength/toughness of the TGULB. Have a big pile of users in SR101 and INFI and they've all been more than capable of handling anything I threw at them.

fromABACUStoPC, nydude and blackhat like this.