Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

When I buy 5+ at a time of a particular model it's because the knife model is so good that I want my whole crew to have one. I have two brothers, a buddy, and a niece and nephew who can't afford to buy Busse and I know these knives are going to last longer than we are but their availability won't. Along with a good camp knife like the ASH 2, the TG (in whatever variant) is a must have in my opinion and for those who can only afford to own one Busse the TGULB should be the one (again in my opinion). How my order is getting disbursed:

2 CF blk mic (niece and buddy)
1 CF blk g10 (brother 1)
1 CG blk on blk g10 (nephew)
1 CG blk on blk/red g10 (brother 2)
1 CG blk on blk/org g10 (me)

My wife and I are fostering two boys (brothers ages 3 and 4) so I'm thinking about getting a couple extra in case we end up adopting them so they each have one when they get older 'cause they ain't getting mine! :) The color combos listed above are in line with what I've gotten for each of them on other Busse I've gifted them in the past. Lucky fools.

I’ve been lookin for an uncle like you my whole life bro. :D

Seriously though, that is incredibly generous! Totally awesome man!
:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

When I buy 5+ at a time of a particular model it's because the knife model is so good that I want my whole crew to have one. I have two brothers, a buddy, and a niece and nephew who can't afford to buy Busse and I know these knives are going to last longer than we are but their availability won't. Along with a good camp knife like the ASH 2, the TG (in whatever variant) is a must have in my opinion and for those who can only afford to own one Busse the TGULB should be the one (again in my opinion). How my order is getting disbursed:

1 CF blk g10 (brother 1)

My wife and I are fostering two boys (brothers ages 3 and 4) so I'm thinking about getting a couple extra in case we end up adopting them so they each have one when they get older 'cause they ain't getting mine! :) The color combos listed above are in line with what I've gotten for each of them on other Busse I've gifted them in the past. Lucky fools.

i am so touched with your generousity and kindness.
one of the best, no...make it the best, reason to get multiple amount of this TGULB :thumbsup:

Anyone else have issue at checkout? Go to PayPal thinks for a second then everything disappears... Disregard got it figured out, ordered CF with OD green and black g10.

Last edited:

1 CF blk g10 (brother 1)

It’s the craziest thing. I just got back my AncestryDNA, and it turns out we are related. Wild I know.
Anyhow, I prefer CF, but am good with CG as well. And I tend to prefer micarta over g10 but I’m not picky.
So glad we’re able to connect. :)

Have the gremlin marks gone away underneath the coated blades or are they still a thing....also what is the blade finish before the big dc is applied (maybe a rough satin?). I have been thinking, does Busse make all satin and comp blades first. Then when they slip up and gremlin the blade they just pass it to the coating department and try again? I figure it could be on purpose because they charge more for the comp finish when it technically is just wrapped up in the cheaper coated blades. The gremlin marks still confuse me on a high end blade. I'm asking because I'm undecided on the coated tgulb coated or dc

It’s the craziest thing. I just got back my AncestryDNA, and it turns out we are related. Wild I know.
Anyhow, I prefer CF, but am good with CG as well. And I tend to prefer micarta over g10 but I’m not picky.
So glad we’re able to connect. :)

xxwarderxx OMG so glad we found each other!!! I'm always looking to meet long lost relatives! I hate to ask, but since we're family now I'm kinda in a spot with a guy I owe money to since I overextended myself on his primo product (I'm NOT addicted by the way). Help a brother out? I've heard rumors he feeds deadbeat miscreants in a trough to hogs on some compound in Ohio! :eek:

Have the gremlin marks gone away underneath the coated blades or are they still a thing....also what is the blade finish before the big dc is applied (maybe a rough satin?). I have been thinking, does Busse make all satin and comp blades first. Then when they slip up and gremlin the blade they just pass it to the coating department and try again? I figure it could be on purpose because they charge more for the comp finish when it technically is just wrapped up in the cheaper coated blades. The gremlin marks still confuse me on a high end blade. I'm asking because I'm undecided on the coated tgulb coated or dc
No one can say 100% for sure but the general rule "I have found" is this - In a full flat grind, no gremlins except at the ricasso because those are added at an earlier stage of the machining process before the FFG is made, blade is clean. If it's coating on a saber grind, expect gremlins and surface grinder marks. - Now keep in mind, this is MY experience and is not supported by anything other than that - If you happen to strip it and there's no gremlins, great! But I wouldn't bet you a nickel either way, most likely, it's got em. I've spent countless hours working grinder marks out with a diamond hone and it's just not worth the difference in initial price to me any longer. I really thought I was saving something doing it myself, but you have to take off so much to "blend them at best" and keep it flat. I don't find the machining marks any worse under the bigDC than the CF - Satin is it's own thing and I get it why it wasn't offered, so many would sell they would be finishing TGULB blades into next summer.
My advice based on my own travels, if you're going to strip it, or use it enough to take the coating off? Get the DC and be ahead of the game. Bottom line, get a TGULB :D won't regret it.

I wish these would sell out faster. I can’t talk myself into spending on one but I do miss my tglb CF!
Same here. I’ve been debating on one the last few days. But I have a light brigade already. Though this new one seems pretty sweet. Which there was a satin Version. It’d be a no brainer if that were the case.

xxwarderxx OMG so glad we found each other!!! I'm always looking to meet long lost relatives! I hate to ask, but since we're family now I'm kinda in a spot with a guy I owe money to since I overextended myself on his primo product (I'm NOT addicted by the way). Help a brother out? I've heard rumors he feeds deadbeat miscreants in a trough to hogs on some compound in Ohio! :eek:

Oh man. Now I KNOW we’re family.

Back