Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

I'm not making it up........It's sad but true

J72W8D3.jpg

I'm not sure if I should get any more than the three already...…..??????

One overlooked plus for this one over the OG TGLB

Most people who got into TGLB’s did at the cost of the secondary market. So if (highly unlikely) you ever needed to use the warranty, you’d be issued the original retail amount, probably A good sum less than what was paid secondary.

This is a chance for people to get a fresh complete 100% warranty on a TGLB.

I ove the TG series. I had the opportunity to get an OG TGLB back in the day, but I didn't understand Busse at the time. Let it go and didn't buy. Soon realized that was a mistake. Then TWD came out and the 2ndary market exploded. TGLBs were going for $600-800.

So I got in on the battle grade and a2 drops. Now this. So now I've got 3. Which is OK. I really like the thinner stock and lighter weight. I'll probably end up throwing this in my hunting pack. I use the battle grade as my chainsawing knife (it is stupid handy to have a chopper with me).

So is there, like, an official list of sheath-smiths making kydex and leather sheaths for this blade (who are buying the blade so I won't have to send my lil babies in for a custom fit)?

I notice some of the buyers so far are sheath makers but I'm hoping a lot of the makers will buy a blade (if only for the business of making sheaths) so that we have options.

So is there, like, an official list of sheath-smiths making kydex and leather sheaths for this blade (who are buying the blade so I won't have to send my lil babies in for a custom fit)?

I notice some of the buyers so far are sheath makers but I'm hoping a lot of the makers will buy a blade (if only for the business of making sheaths) so that we have options.

No "official list" but here's my list:

Kydex:
BuyBrown (this is my 1st stop for sheaths, quite honestly). He gets every drop IIRC, so he's a good bet.
Mashed Cat (they do pretty good, but they get the more popular drops. ask before you buy if it's not listed)
AZwelke (might have spelt this wrong). Good reputation, good sheaths. May not have every option.

Leather
Azula gun holsters (that's their nic here too). I've never bought anything from them but they seem to do well here so.....
Pirtle made (again, never done business with them) They have a stellar reputation and their work is always making me want to get one)

There are others, but these would be the makers I'd go to.

I'm a leather guy and most of my Busse knife sheaths are leather sheaths, some made by Chuddy Bear, really beautiful sheaths, Armoralleather is another reputable maker, but their wait time can be well over 4 months. Currently my favorite maker is Azula gun holsters, they use veg tanned leather, good thing about their sheaths is super lightweight, my HOG B8 sheath weights only 2.5oz, not bad at all for a leather sheath

No "official list" but here's my list:

Kydex:
BuyBrown (this is my 1st stop for sheaths, quite honestly). He gets every drop IIRC, so he's a good bet.
Mashed Cat (they do pretty good, but they get the more popular drops. ask before you buy if it's not listed)
AZwelke (might have spelt this wrong). Good reputation, good sheaths. May not have every option.

Leather
Azula gun holsters (that's their nic here too). I've never bought anything from them but they seem to do well here so.....
Pirtle made (again, never done business with them) They have a stellar reputation and their work is always making me want to get one)

There are others, but these would be the makers I'd go to.

Not to argue, but saying Mashed Cat does pretty good is quite the understatement. They are a top tier kydex maker. Perfect fitment. No rattles. "Just right" retention (will not shake or fall out, but does not need extraordinary effort to draw). No kydex scratching your satin blade. Many options for colors and accessories.

In addition to the excellent makers already mentioned, here are a few more:

Kydex
JG Sheaths and PawPaw. But you'll likely need to send the knife to them.

Leather
Paul Long
Condo's Leather
Rowe's Leather

And there are so many more not listed. We're lucky to have so many talented craftsmen to choose from.

Not to argue, but saying Mashed Cat does pretty good is quite the understatement. They are a top tier kydex maker. Perfect fitment. No rattles. "Just right" retention (will not shake or fall out, but does not need extraordinary effort to draw). No kydex scratching your satin blade. Many options for colors and accessories.

In addition to the excellent makers already mentioned, here are a few more:

Kydex
JG Sheaths and PawPaw. But you'll likely need to send the knife to them.

Leather
Paul Long
Condo's Leather
Rowe's Leather

And there are so many more not listed. We're lucky to have so many talented craftsmen to choose from.

I won't argue with you about mashed cat. I think I was unclear....they "do pretty good" at getting blades in to make sheaths.
None of the makers I listed are considered anything but top-tier in craftsmanship. If I maligned anyone, that was not my intent.

Mostly lurk and do a lot of reading here, but thought I would post up that I'm in for two. CF with Black Canvas and the other is Desert Sage with G10. These will be my first Busse!
I’m curious what color g10 to go with your desert sage?

Mostly lurk and do a lot of reading here, but thought I would post up that I'm in for two. CF with Black Canvas and the other is Desert Sage with G10. These will be my first Busse!
Cool beans man! If there was a ever a first blade to choose, you chose wisely! :thumbsup:

Congrats on your first! A fine blade for a first too! Hope it won't be your last and you'll stick around!

Back