Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Probably a different thing, but I once added a small link to my work email signature to try and do some organic SEO and found out something like 75% of my client emails were not getting through. There wasn't a clear pattern (and not everybody responds) so it made it difficult to figure out right away. Not good for business.

It seems like this is all over the map in terms of emails...I don't think I have ever missed a shop email that I am aware of...wish I would have missed a few last call emails, actually...makes it easier to stick to your initial gut reaction and assessment of the purchase when you say, nah, not for me, got 20 more that will do the same thing...I am usually pretty good at it, although not this time!!!

C

There's a news letter? Never received one, must be top secret - I use Gmail since the beginning - never anything other than invoices. It's amazing how those always come through ;) ` Maybe if newsletters and last calls were marked "Invoice" we'd all get them 100% LOL!

Just in case I wasn't signed up for the newsletter, I went to the "sign up" tab and reentered my info. It said I was already subscribed. I'm guessing my disparaging remarks Coors Light got on Amy-0's "list." I didn't know that would get me banned from the newsletter, but what else could it possibly be?

Only one way to find out:

Hey Amy-0! I just wanted to say that Coors Light is the best of the best! Better even than Pearl Light and Lone Star and all the beers they brew in Shiner combined!

Just in case I wasn't signed up for the newsletter, I went to the "sign up" tab and reentered my info. It said I was already subscribed. I'm guessing my disparaging remarks Coors Light got on Amy-0's "list." I didn't know that would get me banned from the newsletter, but what else could it possibly be?

Only one way to find out:

Hey Amy-0! I just wanted to say that Coors Light is the best of the best! Better even than Pearl Light and Lone Star and all the beers they brew in Shiner combined!
JTT....You Might want to also Mention the Janitors favorite CBL...Carling Black Label...Just in case he is taking overflow mail to help Amy-0 sort the Orders....:rolleyes:

I received the Last Call email on Saturday, September 28th at 4:58pm-est
It was sent to my gmail account, and was in the Promotions inbox
Some Busse emails go there, while others go to my Primary inbox
Invoice/order confirmation/shipping emails always show in the Primary

I was going to order another. I kept looking at the order page several times throughout the day.A few times in the morning,few more in the afternoon and once tonight. Just couldn't decide which one until a couple of hours ago.

Well look like it's official..... I've made my mind up and I'm ready to place another order but It seems I'm out of luck :(

Well after 6 years and 17 Busses and Swamprats ordered, I am thinking the TGULB will be my last order. I have no ambition to be a knife collector. It has been a fun ride chasing the perfect knife. And with Busse every one of them was quite solid. I'll be back when they offer a new Battle mistress or something similar.

Thank you guys for all of the sheath maker suggestions. I'm assuming that the makers (leather and kydex) that are purchasing the blade for sheath making would comment on this thread? Is that normal?

I'm fighting the urge to start a new thread called "TGULB Sheath Makers". I know there are a lot of guys that make excellent sheaths out there for Busse knives but the ones mentioned seem to be buying blades and I like that they do that. Any thoughts on a new thread or is this one enough of a "magnet" to get the sheath makers to let us know if they are buying one? (Or I guess have already bought one because the last call is out)

W wolverinealpha1 You might consider picking a maker who makes sheaths that you like and contacting them directly. They may not all come to you.

Will do. Thank you. I just didn't want to bother all 50 plus makers represented at some time or another here on the Busse board when I am not sure if any of them besides the ones commenting on this thread were even buying the blade (Like David Brown, etc). I may reach out to a few nonetheless.

Well after 6 years and 17 Busses and Swamprats ordered, I am thinking the TGULB will be my last order. I have no ambition to be a knife collector. It has been a fun ride chasing the perfect knife. And with Busse every one of them was quite solid. I'll be back when they offer a new Battle mistress or something similar.

View attachment 1205759

MF! I hesitated... now im screwed
I'm sure you will be able to buy the online auction-bay overpriced ones in a few months. The ones here seem more fairly priced with only modest markups if any markup at all. So keep an eye out on the forum. Also make sure you requested to be on the waiting list because Christmas is coming and people might decide that they don't actually need 15 TGULBs and decide to cancel a few and you might still be able to get one.

Last edited:
Will do. Thank you. I just didn't want to bother all 50 plus makers represented at some time or another here on the Busse board when I am not sure if any of them besides the ones commenting on this thread were even buying the blade (Like David Brown, etc). I may reach out to a few nonetheless.
You should go through this whole thread again. I just checked the first few pages, and I think it’s safe to say that Pirtle and Brown will each be making sheaths. There are probably other makers who have commented, as well.

Back