Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Chad, if ya want something neat to watch while tooling~ I got hooked into this series on YT about a guy restoring an old wooden boat. He's been doing it for 2 years now dropping a couple 20m vids a month, he's up to 55 of them. It's quite interesting and I find it inspiring! I've actually picked up the pace in my shop a bit over the last couple weeks because this guy is a working machine! and the things he does with so little is utterly amazing. So check out Leo on YT rebuilding "Tally Ho" - under Sampson Boat Co.
Yes, this TG is going to be epic! I am so down for 1 it's not even a question. Might be the last one for me for a while, got some new horizons on the way so gotta batten down the hatches and man the sails! Yea, still waiting on a couple other orders too and the Regulator will certainly be a comforting companion to make do with while passing the time :D

I'll flag it for sure, thanks! I have to be careful because if I get too involved no work gets done, which is why I watch shows I've seen a dozen or so times.

Good luck on the new horizons! :)

Jerry has very generously added the hand smoothed option to two offerings where it wasn't originally offered, if its feasible it could happen.

Especially easy now that the "hand smoothed" isn't really so much "hand" smoothed, as it is cut by the new machines with the much finer cutting head. Literally just a slightly different CNC program now.

Especially easy now that the "hand smoothed" isn't really so much "hand" smoothed, as it is cut by the new machines with the much finer cutting head. Literally just a slightly different CNC program now.

I always put a note to the shop to have Jerry do the last pass with 800 grit.

Huh?

I am very excited to hear about these new machines that we have "with the much finer cutting head." o_O :confused:

Where's Garth??? . . . . No one tells me anything!!!! :eek:

Let's Drink! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

LOL! And you didn't even notice this machine was expensed out? LOL! ~ Hey glad to hear the hand smoothed option is available Jerry! YOu're the best! :D

Kinda torn, i love the classic fuller on the original tglb and its what i picture when imagining a tglb but then i also kinda like this new fuller. Cant be sure tho until i see the whole knife. More pics please!!

Kinda torn, i love the classic fuller on the original tglb and its what i picture when imagining a tglb but then i also kinda like this new fuller. Cant be sure tho until i see the whole knife. More pics please!!
I too love the TGLB fuller! I am almost glad the TGULB has a different fuller. It keeps the TGLB looking distinctly original. We can still say that’s a TGLB, at just a glance.
Bring the pics!

Huh?

I am very excited to hear about these new machines that we have "with the much finer cutting head." o_O :confused:

Where's Garth??? . . . . No one tells me anything!!!! :eek:

Let's Drink! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

Boss, I'm talking about the fingerprint-like lines that can be seen in the newer handle scales, as discussed and shown in this thread. My last couple of hand-smoothed handles have also had these lines in them, similar to the Nuked Forsaken Mistress seen here (not my pic, or the greatest example, but the only one I could locate showing this on hand-smoothed):

IMG_4332.JPG

Thought you guys had made an in-line change of some sort. Not that it's bad, just different. Or maybe I've just been drinking too much? :eek:
ETA - Apologies for going off topic. :oops:

Last edited:
How is it flippin possible that Jerry can keep making blades I feel I need!! What!! Do I need a third Gemini!! This looks amazing!

Back